StoryWorld!:))

AJ

I've been tempted...and resisted.
I love oracles, but these decks would almost make me feel burdened, if I had one I'd need the next and so on.

I'd use them in an instant if they fell out of the sky into my lap

ana luisa

Hi Padma ! Indeed, the Dixit are very good for reading. And a major workout on intuition practice :) I also fell in love with the StoryWorld collection but I didn't buy it because it was waaay too beautiful. I KNEW it would block any message and I would just stare at the drawings in awe... That happened to me with the Victorian Romantic and would certainly happen with SW as well.

meeka4monty

Hello! I actually collected the sets a little while back now with the intention of using them for divination and that's the one thing I haven't used them a lot for YET! What I do is go through them for inspirational pictures, prettying up a space or representing the seasons. I'm pretty sure there's another board with suggestions about how to store them and use them which helped me come to my purchasing decision.

A couple things I'd mention about them are:
~They are as beautiful as imagined, the quality is lovely too.
~They're large, really large cards. I don't have access to mine at the moment but I'm quite sure they're even bigger than the Blue Angel oracle card size. I have bigger hands and don't find shuffling anything of an issue but it's something to think about.
~Also, if you do get all the sets, that's a lot of cards! They're hard to store and shuffle that way. Because of that, they didn't really give me a "deck" vibe. That said, you may like to only collect collections and personalise your deck more than I have.
~The backs have writing and prompts on them which I actually find helpful for stimulating intuition. They haven't been a problem for me and I haven't been distracted by the writing on their backs.

In all, they're just gorgeous. I understand the unintended feeling that you need to collect all the sets to get out of them what you're hoping. I'd suggest to really pick the sets you can see yourself conversing with. Some sets have a couple artworks that I love but the rest of the set is a tiny bit more dull and I don't seem to interact those. Also, the Halloween set is full on for drawing out the shadow. It can be quite abrasive because it's quite graphic. There is definitely a great mix of light, dark, fairytale, symbolism and nostalgic story time elements here anyway (without that deck). It's one that I think benefits from you working with it in the sense of nutting out all the symbolism, spending time with drawing out meanings from adulthood and childhood and defining archetypes etc. It's a juicy endeavour! Hope this helps!!

reall

I've been tempted...and resisted.
I love oracles, but these decks would almost make me feel burdened, if I had one I'd need the next and so on.

I'd use them in an instant if they fell out of the sky into my lap
oh! I see your point!^^ lolz ;)))

Those are gorgeous, Reall! You certainly could use them as an oracle! I have used Dixit game cards as well - they work too :) (really well, actually!) I think Ana Luisa here at AT did an exchange thread with them.

https://www.pinterest.com/n_panni/dixit-cards/

ETA I also use the Key to the Kingdom cards...

http://www.guntheranderson.com/cards/nov98/keys.htm

A little hard to find, but fun to play with, and very accurate for fortune telling! :)

ha ha! thanks for links!:)) dixit have that oracle feel and I guess this 2.deck could be used similar to lenormand/playing cards!^^ ;)))

@meeka4monty thank you for wonderfull review!^^ that's exactly what I wanted to know!^^ don't mind text but large size might be a problem!^^ ;)) and before you noticed it I already know Halloween is definitely not my thing!^^ but guess other can be used for inspirational insight?^^ i'm definitely getting one of this at first chance i get!^^ lolz :)) now only to decide which one?! lolz ;)))