PDA

View Full Version : Limited pm size

Simone
14-03-2004, 19:45
Am I too talkative? If I send readings or feddbacks or just messages by pm, I am ever so often reminded that the pm size is limited to 2000 characters.

And every time I have either to cut back my thriving ranks of words, which deprives them of some of their meaning, or cut in two my message, which I find embarrassing.

Why is this - I mean, ok, I understand that pm is probably meant for short messages, but sometimes I have more to say and things I wouldn't want in public because they are very personal...

Any idea?

Thanks
Simone

Kaz
14-03-2004, 20:06
idea: instead of sending 1 pm you just send 2, split the message, thats what i do when its too long.

wavebreaker
15-03-2004, 02:14
Originally posted by Simone
Why is this - I mean, ok, I understand that pm is probably meant for short messages, but sometimes I have more to say and things I wouldn't want in public because they are very personal...

Any idea?The reason why the PM size is limited is to limit the resources used up by PMs. All resources (server space, bandwith) cost money, and with the increasing number of members on AT it is just not possible to give everyone unlimited PM space.

Hope this answers your question!

Simone
15-03-2004, 03:27
Thanks both of you for your answers. I understand about the storing place; I'll just have to cut my word-torrents in two or ask the person to give me his or her e-mail address - there I can be as effusive as I want... :D

Love
Simone

Lee
15-03-2004, 03:28
Simone, don't be embarrassed to split it up into two PM's, I do that all the time. The recipient understands.

(Actually I've been known to split a single message into FOUR pm's! :D )

-- Lee :)

Phoenyx*
24-03-2004, 03:33
Yeah, I've had to split up my readings by PM into multiple PMs...

Simone
24-03-2004, 04:16
I have done it too, before, but I found it so uncomfortable... hence my question!

All right, thanks to all for your help :) I will then go on splitting pm's ;) !

Love
Simone

TemperanceAngel
24-03-2004, 08:11
Simone, don't be embarrassed about splitting pm's, I do it and receive them that way too!
XTAX