PDA

View Full Version : Stones that help to boost confidence

miss_apples
17-03-2004, 17:03
What are some stones that help to boost ones confidence?

jema
17-03-2004, 23:42
I would suggest Thulite or Sunstones.
Thulite for finding your center and learning to speak up and sunstone for courage and strength.

Shannah
18-03-2004, 05:43
I've never heard ofThulite. Where does it come from? What colour is it?

Chronata
18-03-2004, 05:56
According to my book on talisman magic...these stones all inspire confidence...
Amethyst, Aventurine, Citrine, Granite and Obsidian.

Centaur
18-03-2004, 07:41
I always seem to be recommending amazonite, but I have heard that this stone is very good for promoting confidence.

As an aside, amazonite is also supposed to be excellent for such things as oral presentations, etc.

C

DeLani
18-03-2004, 10:06
What kind of confidence do you mean? Speaking in public? Job interview?
In general, stones for the solar plexus chakra (golden yellow ones) would help. I myself would recommend Tiger's Eye - so you'll feel like a Tiger!

miss_apples
18-03-2004, 15:01
Originally posted by DeLani
What kind of confidence do you mean? Speaking in public? Job interview?
In general, stones for the solar plexus chakra (golden yellow ones) would help. I myself would recommend Tiger's Eye - so you'll feel like a Tiger!

Basically I need confidence in every sense of the word. Im afraid of my own shadow.

starsongs
18-03-2004, 15:23
All the stones mentioned would be great. Blue Lace Agate is good for the courage to speak your own truth...

starsongs

jema
18-03-2004, 15:23
I just did a search for "Thulite" to find a good photo of it and found out it is actually Norways national stone. Which makes perfect sense since if you ever met someone from Norway you notice that somehow most of them have a really calm center. Like they know really well who they are.

http://www.geosystems.no/no/thulitt.htm
for image of a raw thulite.
The one I got is trumbled (do you say that word in english?)

starsongs
18-03-2004, 15:25
Originally posted by jema
I just did a search for "Thulite" to find a good photo of it and found out it is actually Norways national stone. Which makes perfect sense since if you ever met someone from Norway you notice that somehow most of them have a really calm center. Like they know really well who they are.

http://www.geosystems.no/no/thulitt.htm
for image of a raw thulite.
The one I got is trumbled (do you say that word in english?)

Wow, jema, what a beautiful stone!! :D Thanx for the link. I'd never seen/heard of it before either...

Shannah
19-03-2004, 07:36
Yes, it is such a beautiful stone. Thabnk you so mcuh for the information jema. It makes a lot of sense. I think I wil check my local stone shop to see if I can find any.

lunakasha
10-06-2004, 14:09
I would like to cast my vote for......Malachite!!! :D

OK....I may be somewhat biased here, since this is probably my favorite stone but....it really does help me with confidence on many different levels. I am pretty sure that I read somewhere about malachite increasing one's confidence and courage....LOL

Speaking from personal experience, this stone has a powerful, calming effect on me...which allows confidence to shine through.

I usually carry malachite with a chunk of clear quartz, to magnify its effect, and also an apache tear to keep negative energies at bay....

:D Luna

CreativeFire
10-06-2004, 20:20
Hi Miss_Apples

Some good stones for boosting self confidence are chalcedony (clears self-doubts), chrysocolla (aids in personal confidence & speaking the truth), Tiger's Eye (as DeLani mentioned).

My personal favourite for boosting confidence, especially in women, is Hematite. I have a hematite necklace (with lots of pieces of cut and polished hematite strung together) that I wear when I need to, particularly for important business meetings. I only recently read this about it from Judy Hall's Illustrated Guide to Crystals, which made sense to me:

Properties: Grounding, protecting, and balancing, boosts self-esteem. Aids concentration, focus, willpower, reliability, and confidence. Enhances memory and original thought. Removes self-limitations. Dissolves negativity. Supports timid women. Beneficial for legal situations.

Good luck in finding the right stone for you, it will turn up. :)

CreativeFire

jlbvt
11-06-2004, 05:53
You should try flower essences! I have recently started with them, and I am amazed at the effects. There are essences for every facet of your persomality that you could want to change. I would suggest posting a question about it. You may have to give someone a lot of info about your life first, but once someone figures out the right essence(s) for you, you will see a huge improvement. I wish I could help more, but I am just beginning with them myself... ;)
Joan