Chart interpretation

Summerdream

Hi! I read a recent thread here on how to figure out your career and it mentioned http://www.astro.com

Here is a copy of my forecast: D.O.B. 1/13/68

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Capricorn 22°25'24 12 direct
Moon Gemini 27°36'17 05 direct
Mercury Aquarius 02°05'19 12 direct
Venus Sagittarius 13°58'39 10 direct
Mars Pisces 03°13'54 01 direct
Jupiter Virgo 05°03'09 07 retrograde
Saturn Aries 06°44'46 02 direct
Uranus Virgo 29°10'41 07 retrograde
Neptune Scorpio 25°58'29 09 direct
Pluto Virgo 22°46'09 07 retrograde
True Node Aries 23°37'09 02 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Aquarius 11°17'15
2nd House Aries 02°36'17
3rd House Taurus 09°01'11
Imum Coeli Gemini 03°43'14
5th House Gemini 23°53'29
6th House Cancer 14°17'23
Descendant Leo 11°17'15
8th House Libra 02°36'17
9th House Scorpio 09°01'11
Medium Coeli Sagittarius 03°43'14
11th House Sagittarius 23°53'29
12th House Capricorn 14°17'23

Major aspects
Sun Trine Uranus 6°45
Sun Sextile Neptune 3°33
Sun Trine Pluto 0°21
Moon Trine Mars 5°38
Moon Sextile Jupiter 7°27
Moon Square Uranus 1°34
Moon Quincunx Neptune 1°38
Moon Square Pluto 4°50
Mercury Quincunx Jupiter 2°58
Mercury Sextile Saturn 4°39
Mercury Trine Uranus 2°55
Venus Sextile Ascendant 2°41
Mars Opposition Jupiter 1°49
Jupiter Quincunx Saturn 1°42
Saturn Sextile Ascendant 4°32
Uranus Sextile Neptune 3°12
Neptune Sextile Pluto 3°12

Since I don't know too much about astrology could someone please tell what this means as far as career, family and the basics?

Thanks!
Momof3girls:)

Minderwiz

Hi,

It's actually easier if you wouldn't mind posting your time of birth and place of birth as well. That will enable those with computer programs to get an accurate chart without having to do a lot of copying.

In the meantime, look particularly at what sign is on your tenth house cusp - Sagittarius in your case, so your career ruler is Jupiter, which would initially suggest things like the Law, or the Church (or any organised religion or faith). Look at where Jupiter lies in your chart - in the seventh house by the look of it and what planets aspect Jupiter.

You can also look at the sixth, which would show co-workers or juniors, aand the second, which rules your finances.

Summerdream

Minderwiz said:
Hi,

It's actually easier if you wouldn't mind posting your time of birth and place of birth as well. That will enable those with computer programs to get an accurate chart without having to do a lot of copying.

In the meantime, look particularly at what sign is on your tenth house cusp - Sagittarius in your case, so your career ruler is Jupiter, which would initially suggest things like the Law, or the Church (or any organised religion or faith). Look at where Jupiter lies in your chart - in the seventh house by the look of it and what planets aspect Jupiter.

You can also look at the sixth, which would show co-workers or juniors, aand the second, which rules your finances.

You can actually view my chart here:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/aclch.cgi?btyp=ack&&cid=2vifileVjiOoI-u1079529236

I was born in Waterville, Maine at 8:17 a.m.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the extra info - I'll get back to you :)

Mystic Chris

Hello Momof3girls!

Basics

Your Sun is in Capricorn in the 12th house. Career is important to you. You are stubborn and probably shun the spotlight, preferring solitary activities like creating threads on online forums. Mercury is also in Aquarius in the 12th house. Hmmm, are you a writer? Let's come back to this later...

Your Moon is in Gemini in the 5th house. You are a restless person who pours a lot of emotional energy into your creative activities. Gemini is a social and communicative sign, and your Moon makes a positive aspect with the active planet, Mars. Are you into competitive sports? Or do you have a good number of assertive female friends (or sensitive / effeminate male friends)?

Your Ascendant or rising sign is Aquarius. You are stubborn, a lone wolf, and like to be different from the crowd. With Mars in the first house, you might be a little bit tactless in speech or rush into projects or situations. You are assertive, and probably have a fit body.

Family

One parent is more influential than the other, because they had encouraged you to train your mind and develop your artistic talents. You probably got along better with your father than with your mother. I say this because your Sun, which can represent your father and other important male figures in your life, has good aspects with other planets; whereas, your Moon, which can represent your mother and other important female figures in your life, has some difficult aspects.

You probably like to have close relationships with people who are bold, different and original thinking. They probably test your sense of self and security.

Career

I guess that some good careers for you would be in the healthcare industry or in a creative field, most likely writing. Because you have an Aquarius ascendant, a strong 7th house (you have three planets having a party in there), and your Sun in the 12th house, you care about people and want to help. Among other things, the 12th house represents those places that hide people from the rest of society, such as the hospital.

Another possible career would be a creative one, where you express yourself with the written word. Your Mercury is in the 12th house in Aquarius. Aquarius is the sign of the scientist, technology, new age stuff, and brotherhood. And like I implied above, the 12th house is dealing with lots of people behind the scenes. You might be a science fiction writer. Then again, you have three planets in the 7th house of committed relationships in the analytical sign of Virgo. Okay, then you might like to write self-help books that give relationship advice.

I would have also recommended a career in religion or spirituality, but you have major issues with authority, tradition, or what is considered normal. Maybe you would enjoy being a cult leader or a teacher in the occult sciences.

Well, this is the best I can do as I struggle to keep awake (didn't get much sleep last night).

:)

P.S.

I feel as if I did not give as good an interpretation of your chart. If you have a more specific question, that might be better for me.

Summerdream

Mystic Chris said:
Hello Momof3girls!

Hello Mystic Chris! Thanks so much for analyzing my chart. Most of this sounds exactly like me!!!

Basics

Your Sun is in Capricorn in the 12th house. Career is important to you. You are stubborn and probably shun the spotlight, preferring solitary activities like creating threads on online forums. Mercury is also in Aquarius in the 12th house. Hmmm, are you a writer? Let's come back to this later...

I am stubborn and I am an introvert so I do not like taking the spotlight but do enjoy activities like creating threads on Aeclectic!

Your Moon is in Gemini in the 5th house. You are a restless person who pours a lot of emotional energy into your creative activities. Gemini is a social and communicative sign, and your Moon makes a positive aspect with the active planet, Mars. Are you into competitive sports? Or do you have a good number of assertive female friends (or sensitive / effeminate male friends)?

Yep, I'm restless and I do get emotional over what I am trying to accomplish. I guess I could be considered kind of an perfectionist.
I am not into competitive sports but I do have an assertive friend, no it's not Lunakasha:)

Your Ascendant or rising sign is Aquarius. You are stubborn, a lone wolf, and like to be different from the crowd. With Mars in the first house, you might be a little bit tactless in speech or rush into projects or situations. You are assertive, and probably have a fit body.

I like to think I am tactful in speech but I do sometimes get involved in projects over my head and wish I would of thought things thru a little before. Well, I'm working on getting my body fit and it was once upon a time! Does that count? hehe

Family

One parent is more influential than the other, because they had encouraged you to train your mind and develop your artistic talents. You probably got along better with your father than with your mother. I say this because your Sun, which can represent your father and other important male figures in your life, has good aspects with other planets; whereas, your Moon, which can represent your mother and other important female figures in your life, has some difficult aspects.

Actually, I was always closer to my mom than my dad. But I acted and had more personality traits of my dad, that's why we clashed at times because him and I were more alike. My dad passed away in October and I miss him dearly. My mom is psychic (at least that's what I call it), she has an uncanny knack to predict things that come true and on her mom's side of the family the gift seems to come from. We've been to mediumship parties and both been told we have the gift to read cards and do mediumship too!

You probably like to have close relationships with people who are bold, different and original thinking. They probably test your sense of self and security.

Yes, that would be Lunakasha (real life best friend), my sister-in-law and my other best friend Sue.

Career

I guess that some good careers for you would be in the healthcare industry or in a creative field, most likely writing. Because you have an Aquarius ascendant, a strong 7th house (you have three planets having a party in there), and your Sun in the 12th house, you care about people and want to help. Among other things, the 12th house represents those places that hide people from the rest of society, such as the hospital.

It's funny you mention writing, because that's something I LOVE doing and have always been told I am a good writer. I like helping people too, I work in a school as an aide presently.

Another possible career would be a creative one, where you express yourself with the written word. Your Mercury is in the 12th house in Aquarius. Aquarius is the sign of the scientist, technology, new age stuff, and brotherhood. And like I implied above, the 12th house is dealing with lots of people behind the scenes. You might be a science fiction writer. Then again, you have three planets in the 7th house of committed relationships in the analytical sign of Virgo. Okay, then you might like to write self-help books that give relationship advice.

Well, I like new age stuff, writing and helping people! Actually, what I am going to college for right now is a speech therapist assistant. I will have my degree next May 2005. I have bizarre dreams of the science fiction type and am always telling my husband my dreams would make a good Steven King book. He's always telling me to write them down.

I would have also recommended a career in religion or spirituality, but you have major issues with authority, tradition, or what is considered normal. Maybe you would enjoy being a cult leader or a teacher in the occult sciences.

Well, I am Catholic but not a practicing Catholic but also have strong faith in estoric stuff (like the cards, reincarnation, etc) that don't agree with the Catholic tradition. So, you're right in saying I don't know what's considered normal because a lot of my belief systems are aeclectic and bits and pieces of various religions.

Well, this is the best I can do as I struggle to keep awake (didn't get much sleep last night).

Thank you so much for interpreting my chart. Hope you finally got some rest.
:)

P.S.

I feel as if I did not give as good an interpretation of your chart. If you have a more specific question, that might be better for me.

Hmmm.....what do you see as far as my family life? I'm married with 3 little girls:) Or please tell me anymore insights you see after you've read my feedback!!

Thanks a lot.
Momof3girls:))

Summerdream

Minderwiz said:
Thanks for the extra info - I'll get back to you :)

Thanks Mindewiz! I'm looking forward to it.
Momof3girls:)

Minderwiz

Your Sun is in the twelfth House, which probably indicates that you prefer to operate 'behind the scenes', this might be because you are not sure of taking a leading role, or because you feel that you can be more effective through influencing others. It's possible that illnesses may affect your pursuit of career, so take care of your health! Mercury, also in the twelfth will bring wisdom and some ingenuity and through a sextile to Saturn in your second, this ingenuity may help you plan your career, or at least how to take advantage of employment opportunities.

Your tenth House, which is usually associated with career or social status is ruled by Jupiter. This is usually a good situation because Jupiter is the 'greater benefic', and is associated with spiritual and personal growth. However Jupiter is not strongly dignified in your chart, being in Virgo, the sign of his detriment, and also being retrograde. Being successful in a career will not be easy, though simply pursuing a career you enjoy may well bring about your spiritual and personal growth. Virgo is a good sign for Secretarial work and with Jupiter being associated with the Law its possible that you might enter a career as a legal secretary or a secretary to a lawyer or someone directly involved with the law. Something to do with Accounting or book keeping is also a likely possible career path. These may not be the careers that you want, but these, or something similar, is a significant possibility for the career that you end up in. Your element balance suggests someone who can adapt and who is practical and these are skills that are valued in such a career. Your practicality may see the need for an income taking precedence over what you would like to do.

Jupiter lies in your Seventh House, so it's possible that your career may involve a partnership with others - either a marital partner, or simply working with others in a business partnership, or given the above working for a legal partnership. Your Sun is the Seventh House ruler, so you are likely to bring creativity to the partnership and will probably be able to express that creativity well. If you are a full partner then you are likely to be the dominant one.

You have Venus in the tenth House and this is the most dignified planet directly associated with your career. It is also sextile to your Ascendant, so will fit in easily to the way in which you project yourself to the world. Venus probably gives an indication of the careers that you would like to follow - possibly music or music related or linked to fashion, jewellery, and cosmetics - you might enjoy designing your own clothes or accessories, I'm not sure Venus is strong enough to translate this into a career but you have the 'business' sense and practicality to give it a good try. :)

A sign that you will not make money easily is the opposition of Jupiter to your second House (resources and money) ruler Mars. You may indeed find something of a conflict between your career choice and the need to keep your finances health. As Mars is quite strong in Pisces, it's likely that whilst money may not flow easily, you will have sufficient resources to meet your needs. Your second also contains Saturn, which rules both your Sun and Ascendant. Saturn is often associated with restriction or limit, as well as order and planning. Saturn is trine to your MC, so what power Saturn has will be something of a beneficial influence - in Aries though, Saturn is not strong. It's therefore likely that you will have to work hard for your money, though planning and care will help you on your way.

dadsnook2000

Sun in the 12th

Interestingly I have found many charts where the Sun in the 12th could be associated with a very outgoing and active personality, one who is popular and highly visible. While no single factor can be assigned to a particular attribute I have adopted a provisional view that Sun-in-the-12th could often be seen as being in an "active zone" as defined by the French Researcher Gauquin(?).

There are a lot of fuzzy "old rules" as well as "new rules" that flow through astrology, so we'll just have to see what our subject say's about her chart in this case -- recognizing that one chart will not be definitive one way or the other. Dave.

Minderwiz

Interesting point Dave, traditionally the twelfth is concerned with the 'hidden' - so it might be behind the scenes or indeed behind smoke screens of other activity :) - in other words it's quite possible to be outwardly highly visible and popular but still work behind the scenes - politicians do it all the time :) . Behind the scenes can also be in supporting roles, 'backroom' roles or providing technical or other support. The twelfth is also associated with institutions, traditionally these were prisons or hospitals but perhaps in a modern context we might add schools and educational institutions.

Which reminds me of an issue I think I missed, that Jupiter also rules higher education, so it's quite possible that the career might be in a college or university - though I would expect it again to be behind the scenes - support work of some type, being Virgo that could be secretarial, administrative or technical.