PDA

View Full Version : labradorite and vivid dreams?

starsongs
18-03-2004, 14:20
Hi All...

Someone told me that when she wears her laboradite pendant to bed at night she notices she has vivid dreams. She can wear a rose quartz or lapis, and not remember if she dreamt or not.

have any of you experienced or heard of anything similar with laboradite?

Could it be that it helps in remembering dreams, rather than inducing vivid ones?

starsongs

Ani
20-03-2004, 23:49
I have never heard of this but I will try that tonight and see what happens.

starsongs
21-03-2004, 00:13
Thanks, Ani. :D

I'll be interested to hear your experience! I hadn't thought of trying it myself, and don't have any labradorite at the moment, but could get a piece...good idea!

starsongs

All Is One
21-03-2004, 12:08
Among all the good that this wonderful crystal has brought my way, lucid dreaming

(see a book called "Being in Dreaming" by Florinda Donner, student
of C Casteneda, if truly interested in dream life)

and calm meditation are a few, and also - if a piece of it is well treated and loved, it sometimes allows me to see through the outer layer of people, places, and things. (On a good day...)

~ great third eye stone, and my favorite for the last two years.

Put it under your pillow in a soft bag or something - where you can reach it, but NOT bare (they are so soft - like all my favorites, moonstone, onyx, opal, etc) and see what happens within three to six nights of sleep...)
You may want to wash and consecrate it first, depending on how anal you might be, and/ or where you got it, and how much you are hoping for.

p.s. - I am no expert but in my experience, Lapis and Rose Quartz have very particular agendas of their own...it may well be that they will keep lucid dreaming from happening unless it pertains to their particular fields.

starsongs
21-03-2004, 13:20
Originally posted by All Is One
Among all the good that this wonderful crystal has brought my way, lucid dreaming

(see a book called "Being in Dreaming" by Florinda Donner, student
of C Casteneda, if truly interested in dream life)

and calm meditation are a few, and also - if a piece of it is well treated and loved, it sometimes allows me to see through the outer layer of people, places, and things. (On a good day...)

~ great third eye stone, and my favorite for the last two years.

Put it under your pillow in a soft bag or something - where you can reach it, but NOT bare (they are so soft - like all my favorites, moonstone, onyx, opal, etc) and see what happens within three to six nights of sleep...)
You may want to wash and consecrate it first, depending on how anal you might be, and/ or where you got it, and how much you are hoping for.

p.s. - I am no expert but in my experience, Lapis and Rose Quartz have very particular agendas of their own...it may well be that they will keep lucid dreaming from happening unless it pertains to their particular fields.

All is One,

Thanks so very much for sharing this information. :D I will try it myself and also share what you've related with my friend who noticed something different about laboradite. She'll be thrilled to have her experience validated too.

What you've mentioned about lapis and rose quartz having agends of their own is interesting and really resonates as true.

Thanks also for the book recommendation 'Being In Dreaming'....
I'm going to ceck it out!

starsongs

All Is One
21-03-2004, 13:33
Hope you will... and report back to us here. Thanks for starting the thrd.

starsongs
21-03-2004, 15:30
Originally posted by All Is One
Hope you will... and report back to us here. Thanks for starting the thrd.

Its a deal...:D

Thank you too!

Ani
23-03-2004, 06:40
Labradorite definately helps remember dreams.

starsongs
23-03-2004, 12:10
Originally posted by Ani
Labradorite definately helps remember dreams.

Thanks, Ani :D

I really appreciate your feedback! I can't wait to try this out. I've got to get a piece of labradorite. You and All Is One have been most helpful.

I hope to be reporting back soon!

Starsongs

Ani
23-03-2004, 12:35
What I did was cleanse the stone and program it for dreaming, I slept with it on my third eye, somewhere in the night it ended up in my hand, but I had some pretty vivid dreams alright. Just by putting it on my forehead I could feel the energies affecting my brain.

miss_apples
23-03-2004, 16:10
About the rose quartz.....

I wear a necklace with a rose quartz that I blessed to send my love to a friend in England. One night as I was drifting off to sleep...it was like he was standing right in front of me and we were having a very deep conversation. It seemed SO real and I definatly think this happened because of sleeping with the rose quartz.

starsongs
24-03-2004, 00:57
Originally posted by Ani
What I did was cleanse the stone and program it for dreaming, I slept with it on my third eye, somewhere in the night it ended up in my hand, but I had some pretty vivid dreams alright. Just by putting it on my forehead I could feel the energies affecting my brain.

Wow....thats pretty intense. Thanks, Ani. How do you program a stone for dreaming?

Originally posted by miss_apples
About the rose quartz.....

I wear a necklace with a rose quartz that I blessed to send my love to a friend in England. One night as I was drifting off to sleep...it was like he was standing right in front of me and we were having a very deep conversation. It seemed SO real and I definatly think this happened because of sleeping with the rose quartz.

Very cool, Miss Apples..and makes sense coz your friend is a heart connection for you?...hmmm...all this is very interesting...thank you

Ani
24-03-2004, 01:30
I have used crystals for about four years, when I started I could rarely feel the energies now I have no problems reading crystals. I usually cleanse the crystal by holding it under running water while visualising all acumulated energies draining out of the stone restoring it to its natural energy. Then I hold it in my right hand (left for lefties) while visualising my intentions for the crystal going into the stone, also verbalizing my intentions to the stone, treat it like a spiritual being and it will return the respect.

That rose quartz conection sounds pretty amazing. My fiance and I used some rose quartz for conection while we were living away from each other, we just kept a very similar peice on the nightstand.

starsongs
24-03-2004, 11:56
Originally posted by Ani
I have used crystals for about four years, when I started I could rarely feel the energies now I have no problems reading crystals. I usually cleanse the crystal by holding it under running water while visualising all acumulated energies draining out of the stone restoring it to its natural energy. Then I hold it in my right hand (left for lefties) while visualising my intentions for the crystal going into the stone, also verbalizing my intentions to the stone, treat it like a spiritual being and it will return the respect.

Ani, what you've shared is awesome and much appreciated. Thank You!

Starsongs

Ani
24-03-2004, 12:59
Always willing to help, even more willing to learn.

miss_apples
31-03-2004, 05:13
I finally obtained a piece of Labradorite on Saturday. Slept with it Saturday night...vivid dream. Tried pairing it with a piece of jade for help in remembering details and a clear quartz to amplify the qualities of both stones....nothing happened. Went back to sleeping with just the laboradorite on Monday night...another vivid dream.

All Is One
31-03-2004, 07:01
Now I have to try it!! my dreams have been very very vivid all year, but from this thread, I think the Labradorite will focus and clarify these dreams. I'll check the calendar ( and moon phase) first, but I'll probably start tonight.

starsongs
31-03-2004, 07:23
Hi Miss Apples and All Is One...

I still haven't gotten the piece of labradorite. Am waiting for the weekend...there is a fair here in town and its usually a good place to get stones..many to choose from.

Miss Apples, thanks for the feedback on how this worked for you and also how it worked/or didn't in combination with other stones...interesting!

All is One... will look forward to hearing of your experience too.

Hope to have something to report next week.

:D
starsongs

poivre
31-03-2004, 07:34
I have a large bowl of stones. I'm going to try this when I figure out what stone is what. I know I have some laboradite & will put it just in my pillowcase & see what happens. I'm dreaming everynight of the readings I have been doing & going right inside the cards. I don't understand what the stones are for but I have a bunch of them.

So I'll try the stone & let you know also.
Thanks for the idea.

miss_apples
31-03-2004, 16:10
Originally posted by ros
I have a large bowl of stones. I'm going to try this when I figure out what stone is what. I know I have some laboradite & will put it just in my pillowcase & see what happens. I'm dreaming everynight of the readings I have been doing & going right inside the cards. I don't understand what the stones are for but I have a bunch of them.

Thanks for the idea.

The Labradorite shouldnt be hard to find in your bowl. To me it looks like a peacocks feathers. Its shimmery green and black.

All Is One
31-03-2004, 17:09
Miss A ~ absolutely perfect description. I will keep your words in mind whenever I use my L stones.

Starsongs: if you like, pm me with your address and I will send you one of the egg shaped polished L stones I traded my leather work for about a year ago...it was hard for me to find interesting ones before that, because the stone is not "dollar valuable" but looks good in jewelry...so there it winds up. Loose stones that catch the light well are rare (in my experience) but I have traded for enough to spare you one and I would not offer if I were not serious.

Let me know :)

(off to sleep with my stone)

starsongs
01-04-2004, 02:37
All Is One,

Thanks for your kind and generous offer. How could I not take you up on it with this kind of energy attached? :D

Is there a type of stone you are looking for, or want and don't have? I'd love to be able to trade with you, and will have all kinds of stones to choose from this weekend!

Let me know that too...along with your addy

Miss Apples and ros...

Peacock feathers is indeed a perfect description of the labradorite. Hope you found some in your bowl, ros, and are able to try this out. Fascinating about your journeying into the cards...would love to hear more about that or if labradorite effects this journey in any way...

starsongs

poivre
01-04-2004, 10:19
O.K. good to go!

I found two small ones & their in my pillowcase. I'll see what happens & let you know.

I know next to nothing about these stones. I just buy them when I'm out because I like them. They sit in a bowl & look very nice.
So, this will be the first time I have done anything with them!

All Is One
01-04-2004, 10:38
This thread, and being back on the AT forum in general, has activated my long dormant lust to find more crystals (let us not speak of the tarot deck addiction, lest it overtake me, I am successfully resisting for the moment) sooo~ I went on ebay and found labradorite spheres from the Madagasgar mine in Arizona. All sizes, mostly 1.5 - 2.75 inches in diameter. Look very well cut.

Not exactly cheap, however, at 20 - 30 dollars w/shipping. But how quickly I used to drop that for a deck ~ so why not a stone? We'll see...

The spheres appeal to me, the labradorite carved dolphins and hearts do not. Still, a nice thing to consider. eBay seems to have been overrun by real businesses rather than regular people. Oh well.

Ruby Red Slippers
01-04-2004, 12:52
And did you know that labradorite is also good for weight loss? It balances the metabolism. Combined with moonstone, it's a winner. Moonstone helps rid the body of excess water. Great for monthly bloats! Need to wear for 10 consecutive days though. (You can take it off at night, or keep it on for vivid dreams!)

RRS

miss_apples
01-04-2004, 15:52
Originally posted by Ruby Red Slippers
And did you know that labradorite is also good for weight loss? It balances the metabolism. Combined with moonstone, it's a winner. Moonstone helps rid the body of excess water. Great for monthly bloats! Need to wear for 10 consecutive days though. (You can take it off at night, or keep it on for vivid dreams!)

RRS

I just saw a Labradorite and Moonstone bracelet on Ebay today...now I wish I couldve bought it.

I like the heart shaped stones...the store I buy all my "stuff" at sells a lot of heart shaped stones. I wear a rose quartz one...I think Ive mentioned that a million times on the board here.

So anyways...maybe if I keep sleeping with my labradorite it will help with my metabolism...THATS GREAT!

starsongs
02-04-2004, 08:00
Originally posted by Ruby Red Slippers

RRS

What great information. I'd never heard any of this! Thanks, Ruby Red Slippers...

starsongs

lunakasha
04-04-2004, 03:53
Originally posted by ros

Thanks for the idea.

LOL ros!!!

I was just thinking the same thing...going to give this a try and see what happens! Thanks for the description, miss_apples!

:D Luna

lunakasha
04-04-2004, 23:17
I just wanted to let everyone know...I tried sleeping with Labradorite under my pillow last night....and I had many strange and vivid dreams throughout the night!!! :)

Unfortunately, I still cannot recall many of the details...and I am exhausted!!! :(
Not something to do every night...but interesting!

:) Luna

miss_apples
05-04-2004, 05:53
Originally posted by lunakasha
I just wanted to let everyone know...I tried sleeping with Labradorite under my pillow last night....and I had many strange and vivid dreams throughout the night!!! :)

Unfortunately, I still cannot recall many of the details...and I am exhausted!!! :(
Not something to do every night...but interesting!

:) Luna

I sleep with mine every night but I think the stone is tired and havent had a vivid dream for the last 2 days. I think it needs to be recharged. Ive actually had more refreshing sleep since Ive been using it because Ive been going to bed earlier excited to see what I will dream that night.

All Is One
05-04-2004, 12:46
Miss Apples;

I am thrilled to hear of your success. I was determined to begin sleeping with the bag that I made as soon as the moon was full ~~~ in my spot, that would be tomorrow.

After reading your post, I will take fullest advantage (ohh, bad pun!) of the fulling moon of tomorrow, and start tonight...many many of my endeavors have started this way. Looks good and feels familiar. So glad to know it worked for you. Care to share sometime?

Quite looking forward to this sleep. I asked for help on a thread I started called "Ideas" (prob under Crystal & Herbs forum) I will be focusing on vivid dreams, with added protection against false visions, as some dreams lately have been full of static, and if left unfiltered I will never sort things out properly. Obsidian, jet, for starters, are reputed to help filter. My crystals are ready in the bag...

Blessings upon us, the dreamers.

starsongs
06-04-2004, 04:50
I finally got a piece of labradorite on Saturday, so have been sleeping with it under my pillow the past 2 nights.

The first night, nothing happened; I recall no dreams exceptionally vivid or otherwise.

The second night I placed the stone on my third eye chakra (like Ani spoke about doing) while lying down and before going to sleep. I had the sense it was vibrating and could feel slight heat. This seemed to facilitate some spontaneous internal dialogue about things that have been on my mind. I could hear my own voice echoing in my head some answers to those questions...

After that, I put the stone under the pillow and went to sleep. Again no vivid dreams I remember, but this time a sense of great peace upon awakening. When I retreived the stone from beneath the pillow it felt quite hot. Lots of energy coming from it. I'm going to continue sleeping with it to see what takes place.

My cousin said that Red Jasper is also supposed to induce vivid dreams that one remembers and it has for both her and my aunt..

Lunakasha, what you described was much like what my friend described (and the reason I started this thread) . She said she was exhausted upon awakening, could not remember details but knew dreams were vivid, and would not want to do it every night!

All Is One, will pm you this evening re stones and the fair...

All of your experiences are so interesting!! :-)

edited to add: Thanks Miss Apples and All Is One for the reminder of the fulling moon!..Full moon tonight

starsongs

lunakasha
06-04-2004, 09:18
Hey starsongs!!!

I am glad to hear that you had a more "relaxing" experience with your labradorite than I did! :laugh:

I plan to cleanse some of my stones tonight in the light of the full moon....and I do have some red jasper, so maybe that will be the next one to try...thanks!

miss_apples
06-04-2004, 13:42
I wanted to put my stones out tonight so bad but its far too windy here and I dont want them to blow of the surface I set them on and get lost. The wind is so hard that my boyfriend left a guitar he was working on, on the picnic table and the wind blew his guitar off of the picnic table!

starsongs
07-04-2004, 01:13
Luna, neat that you have a red jasper..hehe...will be interested to hear of your experience with that one. Re dreams: I don't often remember them..when I do they are ones that strike me because they are unusual, or highly symbolic and then I never forget them. Those dreams continue to be relevant in waking hours....i was anxious to see if i would remember dreams with the labradorite...not so far, but noticing many other things however :D

It was windly here too, miss Apples, but what a great idea to put the stones outside on the eve of the full moon if it wasn't windy...hmmmmmmm...

May's full Moon it is...and an Eclipse as well..plus Wesak festival time..should be pretty powerful..

thanks for the thought!

starsongs

lunakasha
07-04-2004, 03:01
Originally posted by miss_apples
I wanted to put my stones out tonight so bad but its far too windy here and I dont want them to blow of the surface I set them on and get lost. The wind is so hard that my boyfriend left a guitar he was working on, on the picnic table and the wind blew his guitar off of the picnic table!

Hey miss_apples!!!

I never let the weather get in my way...actually I place my stones and/or decks on the windowsill inside my house...as long as they are exposed to the moonlight, I don't worry about the fact that they are inside....

Having said that, if my living situation were different and the weather cooperative, I would LOVE to cleanse them outside in the fresh air!!!

smokey
17-04-2004, 08:14
greetings,all
AM SOO CONFUSED!!! What's the difference between LABRADORITE and SPECTROLITE??? In another thread re: TIGER'S
EYE, I had asked re: scrying properties of that certain stone(according to ISIS,its claim is:"develops alertness/stimulates 3rd
Eye") There's been no reply as of yet, but anyway; I ordered a stone(?)/ some type crystal (?) ...I honestly don't know 'cept it was "SPECTROLITE".Its' claim is"for intuition/gazing/",BUT IS NOT
peacock-coloured @ ALL!! Needless to say, I'm most disappointed
as its "e-tiny";as in "MINUTE";& I have a "gut-instinct" I may be able to
scry. any suggestions between differences of LAB. &/or SPEC. ;&
SCRYING PROPERTIES??? ANY help MUCH appreciated THANX-SO-MUCH!

Ani
18-04-2004, 03:52
I think that labradorite and spectrolite are almost the same mineral but spectrolite is blacker which makes the reflective properties shine brighter. I think moonstone is a very similar mineral but is white. I'm not sure about the scrying properties but it is probably the reflective part of the mineral you would use.

poivre
18-04-2004, 23:10
The first week I had no dreams, so I put the stones in the window for a couple days.
The next week I started dreaming but just in flashes.

Now I've had a huge hearse fly by. The bottom black & the top a cream white.
Then the last two nights I've been going to funerals. I don't know who they are for but people I talk to & the rooms I am in are very clear.

This past Tuesday I went to a reader & when I asked her about death this year she turned over the Tower Card. She explained to me that if that is affirmation that there will be a death this year I already intuitively know it.

So I figure the death in my dreams to mean change & I'm not bothered by this at all. My life is changing & the person I know who has been sick, has done nothing to better her life. It's very stressful so when you have been cancer free for 7 years.....

This is getting interesting for me. Now I don't want to take the stones out of my pillow!

miss_apples
19-04-2004, 12:26
This wierd thing has been happening to me lately with my labradorite. I wake up and its not in my pillow case where I put it and it is nowhere on the bed or around the bed. But then a few days later my daughter will be sitting on my bed and find it and bring it to me.

I dont think it has to be under your pillow either. My brother in law and his g/f have a rather large piece of labradorite sitting on a shelf in their room and they both say they are having wild dreams because of it. My brother in law doesnt like it...he says that the dreams are preventing him from getting quality sleep.

starsongs
19-04-2004, 13:15
hi Smokey and Ari,

I just looked up labradorite in a book called 'Love is In the Earth'. My cousin loaned the book to me, There is alot of information within. Melody (the author) says labradorite and spectrolite are the same thing. (a type of feldspar like moonstone) Don't know if others 'experts' agree...

re the peacock colors or labradorescence...some pieces have much more fire than others, and somertimes the light has to be shining a certain way to capture the colorful display..that can range from yellow, gold, green, blue, red, purple or beautiful combinations of colors..I know nothing of the scrying properties...

quote from the book: page 367: Love Is In The Earth, by Melody (revised edition)

it (labradorite/spectrolite) is said to represent the temple of the stars, assisting one in sustaining and maintaining, while providing for the understanding of the destiny one has chosen. It brings the light of other planetary beings into the soul of the user. The labradorescence is a luminescence, derived from extraterrestial origin which is enclosed in the mineral to bring galactic energies from other worlds to the Earth plane.

it assists in protecting the aura, helping to keep the aura clear, balanced and free from energy leaks. it assits in the alignment of subtle bodies, enhancing the connection between the physical and etheral realms.

It promotes refinement of action and discernment in direction, relieves insecurity and apprehension, promotes transcending limitations and embracing infinite possibility; provides for vitality and a sense of self during transitions, helps clarity, and giving form to intuition..

starsongs

starsongs
19-04-2004, 13:32
miss apples,

wild what is happening with your labradorite. Do you know where your daughter is finding it, or how it is getting out of the pillowcase?

My brother in law doesnt like it...he says that the dreams are preventing him from getting quality sleep.

thats the same thing my friend said. She doesn't like it either...

ros,
what other stones besides labradorite have you under your pillow or do you mean you have several labradorite stones? What do you think putting them in the window did to help facilitate the dreaming?..interesting stuff...

I'm not dreaming with the labradorite, though feel its helping me to clarify things and take necessary action without as much hestiation. I also feel my energy coming back which fits with the helping metabolism properties mentioned by Ruby Red Slippers.

I put a piece into the tarot bag with the Ancestral Path deck, and am going to see what kind of energy this creates...
;)
starsongs

poivre
19-04-2004, 21:38
I just have the labradorite in my pillow but I do have other stones. I don't know if it is the stone or if I'm more relaxed to have clearer dreams. I do have metabolism problems so mabee this is settling?
I just put them in the window, for the moon & sunlight.

This is the first I have done anything with my stones. I like the moonstone & carry that with me often.

The things I do with them is just something I do. I don't know why I just do it. I don't know much about them at all.

TygrEyes
20-04-2004, 11:59
I have a very large labradorite sphere. It's the size of a large cantelope. I mentioned this to a lady in a shop b/c I was looking for a proper stand for it & she said, "Oh, you're brave." Is there something I should know? She said b/c it's so powerful magically & she mentioned that it's said that Merlin had a labradorite sphere. Have any of you heard this before? Thanks

Ani
20-04-2004, 12:04
when I sleep with stones they usually end up somehwere else by morning, and I never remember putting them elsewhere. Sometimes they are nicely arranged on my dresser, sometimes they just disapear. I think they grow legs and walk away.

amyel
21-04-2004, 01:53
Originally posted by Ani
I think that labradorite and spectrolite are almost the same mineral but spectrolite is blacker which makes the reflective properties shine brighter. I think moonstone is a very similar mineral but is white. I'm not sure about the scrying properties but it is probably the reflective part of the mineral you would use.

I can't find any reference to Spectrolite, so I can't comment on it, but I do know that both moonstone and labradorite are both from the feldspar family. This group of stones share the luminescent quality you find in both moonstone and lab's. Not all iridescent or luminescent stones are feldspars, however. For example, opals are not fledspars, but they certainly do have a iridescent quality. I do not pretend to even have a passing understanding of geology, so I can't add more to this.

Starsongs, I just bought a pendant of lab which is almost like a cat's eye.. By this I mean it has a ribbon of violet-blue running stright down it's center against a dark, almost green black color. No matter which way you turn it, that violet shimmers straight at you! Absolutely stunning!

starsongs
21-04-2004, 10:18
Originally posted by TygrEyes
I have a very large labradorite sphere. It's the size of a large cantelope. I mentioned this to a lady in a shop b/c I was looking for a proper stand for it & she said, "Oh, you're brave." Is there something I should know? She said b/c it's so powerful magically & she mentioned that it's said that Merlin had a labradorite sphere. Have any of you heard this before? Thanks

TygrEyes, I've never heard anything like this before. Interesting. I'm going to see what else I can find out....The sphere you have sounds beautiful!

Originally posted by amyel

Starsongs, I just bought a pendant of lab which is almost like a cat's eye.. By this I mean it has a ribbon of violet-blue running stright down it's center against a dark, almost green black color. No matter which way you turn it, that violet shimmers straight at you! Absolutely stunning!

oooohhhh amyel :D. The catseye pendant sounds wonderful!! I've never seen one with a violet shimmer. Where did you find it?..

starsongs

amyel
21-04-2004, 11:58
Originally posted by starsongs
oooohhhh amyel :D. The catseye pendant sounds wonderful!! I've never seen one with a violet shimmer. Where did you find it?..

starsongs I bought it at one of my fav little shops nearby. I am taking photos of all my pendents and neckalaces for insurance (I've created quite a little collection in the last 9 months) so as soon as the digital camera battery recharges, I'll load the picture of it here. I think the violet came out quite well.

starsongs
21-04-2004, 13:48
Originally posted by amyel
I bought it at one of my fav little shops nearby. I am taking photos of all my pendents and neckalaces for insurance (I've created quite a little collection in the last 9 months) so as soon as the digital camera battery recharges, I'll load the picture of it here. I think the violet came out quite well.

I look very forward to seeing the catseye piece, amyel. :D

TygrEyes
21-04-2004, 23:02
TygrEyes, I've never heard anything like this before. Interesting. I'm going to see what else I can find out....The sphere you have sounds beautiful!

starsongs

Thanks Starsongs. I hadn't heard that either. I did a search for labradorite here & didn't see anything about that. She may have said that just b/c of the size of it, I guess? I tried to search online for Merlin info & didn't come across any mention of his tools. Maybe I should try to e-mail the Matthews. Is that possible? I know some people here have had problems/concerns w/ EBay, but that's where I got it. Knock on wood, I've been lucky w/ that.

starsongs
22-04-2004, 08:53
Thanks Starsongs. I hadn't heard that either. I did a search for labradorite here & didn't see anything about that. She may have said that just b/c of the size of it, I guess? I tried to search online for Merlin info & didn't come across any mention of his tools. Maybe I should try to e-mail the Matthews. Is that possible? I know some people here have had problems/concerns w/ EBay, but that's where I got it. Knock on wood, I've been lucky w/ that.

Hi TygrEyes :)

I've had great experiences on e-bay too! You could try to e-mail the Matthews. It would be interesting to know what they had to say about Merlin and labradorite.

I found a couple of references to Merlin and Labradorite but nothing yet of any depth or detail. Will post a link and a paragraph below. It wouldn't seem to me like having the sphere was a dangerous thing at all, however (as someone may have intimated to you) by saying you were brave.

LABRADORITE

Of grey colour, it displays spectacular flashes of moving colours in blue, red, gold and bronze green. A stone for mystics and psychics. The Stone of Destiny, it helps you to find your true path enhances patience and a knowing of right timing. Also called the Druid Stone. It helps you to access The Merlin energy.

http://www.tripleaspectherbs.com/Runes/labradorite.htm

TygrEyes
22-04-2004, 09:17
Ooo, thanks for the great info & link, Starsong! The "Druid Stone", I hadn't heard that either. I went to the Matthews' Hallowquest website & didn't see anywhere to contact them. It says that Miranda Gray is the webmaster. I guess I could try her? Thanks again!

starsongs
22-04-2004, 09:24
Ooo, thanks for the great info & link, Starsong! The "Druid Stone", I hadn't heard that either. I went to the Matthews' Hallowquest website & didn't see anywhere to contact them. It says that Miranda Gray is the webmaster. I guess I could try her? Thanks again!

You're welcome, TygrEyes :D

I had fun looking this up and learned some things in the process..I'm really glad you mentioned the Merlin connection!
If you e-mail Miranda Gray and she responds would love to hear what she has to say...

I hadn't heard of the "Druid Stone" either, or "Stone of Destiny" or some of the properties listed in the paragraph. Connecting Merlin with Labradorite in the seach has brought forward some new information

starsongs

TygrEyes
22-04-2004, 23:36
Hello, Starsongs!
I sent Miranda an e-mail right after my last post here and I got a reply from her this morning. She said she doesn't know, but knows someone who might & she'll get back to me. I'm just amazed she got back to me so quickly.

I found this here http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/power/power1.html

Labradorite/spectrolite is a stone for the wise use of psychic powers. It can help us reach out to other forms of consciousness and attune to power animals.

starsongs
23-04-2004, 07:21
Hi TygrEyes :D

Wonderful that Miranda got back with you so quickly! Thanks for sharing the link too. I really enjoyed the site. Interesting about the power animals and shamanic links to labradorite.

Will be interested to hear what else you learn..

starsongs

TygrEyes
24-04-2004, 00:10
Miranda's friend says there's no mention of Merlin's mineral collection in any of the Welsh texts, so there we go. Mystery solved, except for where this lady I spoke to got such an idea! :o)

starsongs
24-04-2004, 00:22
Yeah, one never knows about information, eh TygrEyes?

:-)

Theres is alot of commentary on the web about labradorite and Merlin too. Maybe the lady was reading there. Pays to do extra (and your own) research!

All very interesting! Thank You...

starsongs

DarkElectric
24-04-2004, 13:04
Hiya everybody:)
I'm going to try the labradorite in the pillowcase experiment tonight, and see what happens. I have a big ol chunk of it. It's more at the spectrolite end of the scale, it's very dark coloured with beautiful irridescent flashes of peacock blue, and gold.

It'll be interesting to see what results, because I have trouble remembering my dreams most of the time.

smokey
24-04-2004, 20:10
Greetings,& All My Best,
Thank-you Soo much ani,starsongs,& amyel for replying.After all
this talk re:labradorlite & dreaming; Well, naturally I just hadta'
have my beloved Bill run me to The Rock Barrell(35 mins.B-4 closing time, geez am I a "tad-spoilt" ya' think.tee,hee!)All-in-One
is definitely right when she said "they don't come cheap!",Bill paid
$13 for a small stone;4-got how the man "measured" it,but Boy,
was he Precise,haha!
I slept w/it in my right palm the 1st 5 nights & Zilch,however,last
nite I had The most Vivid Dream;& fearing I'd 4-get to log it in my
dream journal,as usual;silly me had 4-gotten 2 place t/journal on
my bedside. My fears(whew!) were needless as said dream was So Vivid I've no problem remembering any/all details @ all. The man @ counter said t/only difference b-tween lab. & spec. were
basically they came from 2 different places,& that's All he said! I
also got my very 1st geuine(my Very 1st was a rip-off,as the alleged :quartz-crystal" was a $75 piece of lead-glass!Thankfully,
for other trusting folk as myself, That place went out-of-biz!)Have I missed anything re: cleansing,charging t/labradolite? Never mind
I just re-called one saying under water while programing it.If there Is anything I've over-looked re: any other type cleansing/
grounding/energizing(Full Moon maybe,like quartz???)&/or charging, Pleez, pretty please lemme' know as I did read this was
one of the more popular re:scrying. Thank you so much; have got
Scott Cunningham's"Encyclopedia of Crystal,Gem,& Metal Magic",
but feel I need more as I'm a total "newbie" to all but crystals.

starsongs
25-04-2004, 10:11
Originally posted by DarkElectric
Hiya everybody:)
I'm going to try the labradorite in the pillowcase experiment tonight, and see what happens. I have a big ol chunk of it. It's more at the spectrolite end of the scale, it's very dark coloured with beautiful irridescent flashes of peacock blue, and gold.

It'll be interesting to see what results, because I have trouble remembering my dreams most of the time.

Hi Dark Electric :D

Did you end up trying the labradorite experiment? Your stone sounds beautiful!!

I haven't done it for the last week or more. Want to get back to labradorite under the pillow tonight!

Originally posted by smokey
Greetings,& All My Best,
Thank-you Soo much ani,starsongs,& amyel for replying.After all
this talk re:labradorlite & dreaming; Well, naturally I just hadta'
have my beloved Bill run me to The Rock Barrell(35 mins.B-4 closing time, geez am I a "tad-spoilt" ya' think.tee,hee!)All-in-One
is definitely right when she said "they don't come cheap!",Bill paid
$13 for a small stone;4-got how the man "measured" it,but Boy,
was he Precise,haha!
I slept w/it in my right palm the 1st 5 nights & Zilch,however,last
nite I had The most Vivid Dream;& fearing I'd 4-get to log it in my
dream journal,as usual;silly me had 4-gotten 2 place t/journal on
my bedside. My fears(whew!) were needless as said dream was So Vivid I've no problem remembering any/all details @ all.

Smokey, so you did have a vivid dream you remembered? WOW!! Thanks for sharing this. Do you normally have dreams that are so vivid?
I think its wonderful that Bill is so attentive...hehe ;)

Thank you too for sharing your experience!

starsongs

Justin
08-06-2004, 18:05
Well, after reading all the way through this thread, it seems like i'm just going to have to go and get my self some labradorite. There is a HUGE gem and mineral fair coming up, but it's not until september . But i don't know if i can wait that long! Anyway, just thought i'd add my two cents worth. Also, i just recently saw labradorite for the first time, and just remembering what it looks like gives me such an amazing sense of calm. Can't wait to get some!

Justin

TygrEyes
11-06-2004, 01:38
I haven't been around for awhile, but checked this thread & it made me remember a dream from a couple weeks ago. A bit of background first though. When I was mowing the lawn I found a shed snake skin in the yard. Since it's delicate, when I brought it in the house I laid it over my labradorite sphere on the table & left it there overnight.

Well, that night I had a dream about three snakes: cornsnake, copperhead & cobra. The cornsnake & copperhead were fighting & the cobra and I were facing off. I almost said toe to toe, but snakes don't have toes, duh! Funny how they all start with co. Oh, the skin was from a garter snake. The next morning I took the skin off my labradorite. Funny, eh?

starsongs
11-06-2004, 05:19
Originally posted by Justin
Well, after reading all the way through this thread, it seems like i'm just going to have to go and get my self some labradorite. There is a HUGE gem and mineral fair coming up, but it's not until september . But i don't know if i can wait that long! Anyway, just thought i'd add my two cents worth. Also, i just recently saw labradorite for the first time, and just remembering what it looks like gives me such an amazing sense of calm. Can't wait to get some!

Justin

Hi Justin!

Are you waiting for the huge Gem fair, or have you gotten the labradorite already? :D I agree with you about the calm...it makes me feel that too!

Haven't been sleeping with any lately, but I've placed pieces with some of my Tarot decks (in combination with a few other stones) and I like the effect its having so far...

Would love to hear your experiences when you get the labradorite

I haven't been around for awhile, but checked this thread & it made me remember a dream from a couple weeks ago. A bit of background first though. When I was mowing the lawn I found a shed snake skin in the yard. Since it's delicate, when I brought it in the house I laid it over my labradorite sphere on the table & left it there overnight.

Well, that night I had a dream about three snakes: cornsnake, copperhead & cobra. The cornsnake & copperhead were fighting & the cobra and I were facing off. I almost said toe to toe, but snakes don't have toes, duh! Funny how they all start with co. Oh, the skin was from a garter snake. The next morning I took the skin off my labradorite. Funny, eh?

Wow, interesting about the snake skin and the dreams, TygrEyes

Yes, all three snake types begin with co..hmmm..the skin from a garter snake...

A few thoughts on the dream...a garter snake is pretty plain looking compared to a cobra and copperhead (am not familiar with cornsnakes though) but just wondering if symbolically the snake skin came alive dimensionally and having many more qualities/colors/patterns/ than the garter snake would alone...kind of like the dull look of laboradite until light captures the luminescent qualities...

Labradorite is also linked with the third eye chakra
maybe thats farfetched :D
still pondering the co..

starsongs

Justin
11-06-2004, 14:16
Starsong,

I haven't gotten the labradorite yet. I don't know if i'm going to wait until the fair or not, but i just haven't had any time to go to any shops this week, i've been working up a storm. Anyway, i will definitely keep everyone updated though. I'm interested to see what will happen because my dreams are already EXTREMELY vivid (my favorite dream was one where i was "swimming" up in space with a ton of humpback whales and the whales were feeding me mini-universes!!!)

Justin

TygrEyes
12-06-2004, 02:40
Here's a link to a photo of a cornsnake. :o)

http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn%20Utopia%20on%20the%20Web/Photo%20&%20Image%20Stockpile%20-%20CornUtopia/WEB%20-%20Codty%20and%20the%20corn

CO - carbon monoxide
Co - Cobalt
CO - Colorado
co - prefix meaning together/jointly

hee-hee

starsongs
12-06-2004, 14:55
Originally posted by Justin
Starsong,

I haven't gotten the labradorite yet. I don't know if i'm going to wait until the fair or not, but i just haven't had any time to go to any shops this week, i've been working up a storm. Anyway, i will definitely keep everyone updated though. I'm interested to see what will happen because my dreams are already EXTREMELY vivid (my favorite dream was one where i was "swimming" up in space with a ton of humpback whales and the whales were feeding me mini-universes!!!)

Justin

Justin,

What an incredible dream! :) Your dreams are extremely vivid,. amd it'll be interesting to hear of your experience with labradorite..and see how much more vivid they could be!!

I have dreamt of 'swimming' with and riding on whales in the sky too...but never have had the experience of being fed mini universes!! :D :D

Here's a link to a photo of a cornsnake. :o)

http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn%20Utopia%20on%20the%20Web/Photo%20&%20Image%20Stockpile%20-%20CornUtopia/WEB%20-%20Codty%20and%20the%20corn

CO - carbon monoxide
Co - Cobalt
CO - Colorado
co - prefix meaning together/jointly

hee-hee

Yikes, TygrEyes! Thats some snake!! LOL Did you write the article and stage the shot in memory of your snake hunting, or know the person that did?

A corn snake does have beautiful patternings..thanks for sharing...hehehe ;)

starsongs

TygrEyes
12-06-2004, 22:41
Justin,

Yikes, TygrEyes! Thats some snake!! LOL Did you write the article and stage the shot in memory of your snake hunting, or know the person that did?

A corn snake does have beautiful patternings..thanks for sharing...hehehe ;)

starsongs

No, it's not my pic or article. I was just looking for a pic I could link to. I've heard that cornsnakes make a good "first snake" since the don't get too big & I think the biggest thing they eat are mice. What I didn't know is that they're now bred to come in an array of colors and patterns. Here's two more links! :o)

http://members.aol.com/guttata319/Hawkherp/morfs.html

This link is to someone's photos of her pet cornsnake. I included it b/c of the pic w/ the cat.

http://www.supertechnogirl.com/pets.htm

Justin
01-07-2004, 08:33
Well i finally did it, i went and got myself some labradorite! I couldn't wait till the gem and mineral show in september. I have been sleeping with it over the last couple of nights and have definitely experienced and increase in the "vividness" of my dreams. Just the other night I had this crazy, epic long Lord of the Rings type dream that went on all night long (even continued through a couple of waking periods) and was VERY vivid. Anyway, just thought i'd share and i think i've found a new favorite stone.

Go Lab Fans!!!

Justin

Sillanza
02-07-2004, 14:42
Even though I've just started seriously investigating using stones/crystals, Labradorite was high on my list for enhancing dreams. I read this whole thread and it sounds like labradorite plus ... red jasper helps you hold onto details? I thought maybe labradorite + black onyx.

Anyway, I'll post any results I get once the labradorite is in my hands -- er -- pillowcase! ;)

Sillanza
14-07-2004, 14:23
I got a big ol' slab of labradorite one week ago. I added it to my bedside table, opened myself to the universe and awaited amazing dreaming experiences. My result: I fall asleep almost immedately (unusual for me) and can't remember a darn thing! I had posted on another thread asking about experiences with mexican onyx -- the colorful banded version of the agate as opposed to black/white -- since I had read elsewhere on the internet that it helps prevent insomnia and induce sleep. I have a brass bed on which are about 20 pieces of baseball-sized mexican onyx. I've never had such restful sleep until the labradorite was brought into the mix. I guess I'll have to work in another stone to help me remember any dreams I might be having!

Meanwhile, my husband has reported bizarre dreams twice in the last week. Go figure!

Master_Margarita
08-11-2007, 04:23
I started tucking my labradorite under my pillow four nights ago or so. So far I have noticed no discernable changes in ... anything, really.

M_M~

lunafae
11-11-2007, 05:28
I've used labradorite in the past and had to stop as, I get electric shocks all over my body when I use it. I am not sure what causes it either. Vivid dreams yes I can account for them but don't remember what they were about now.

Wonderwoman
11-11-2007, 11:49
For me, hands down...my amethyst! although the dreams were vivid and a bit on the horror side. a bit violent. but indeed VIVID.

Ww

YDM42
11-11-2007, 12:18
I had at least three...dreams that were prophetic- but weird as they mingled unkown creatures into the dreams about my every day life. I would actually see the creature- some thought to be mythical, some thought to be extinct in my dreams- I would always remember it because I would ask myself what is that--- talking to myself in my dreams. Then the next day or a day or two I would catch a story on yahoo, or on the news of some new discovery of some ancient animal, or believed to be mythical creature. I finally realized it was the Labradorite- the piece I had was from Madagascar. Shoot I was hoping I had some psychic ability that was geared toward scientific discoveries. I wonder if all crystals carry vibrations to parts of the earth were they originate? My lucid dreaming had increased with labadorite.

I dreamed of a little village near stone hindge just days before they discovered it, and I've dreamed of two other discoveries of a rare shark, and a rare sea creature....that is all I can remember for now.