Astrology Oracle - New Deck in the Works

blackandthemoon

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may know me from the Tarot Creation forum but I am new here!

I wanted to share my oracle deck which is astrology based. It is only in it's infancy but I would love to hear feedback :)

It will be there 12 zodiac signs and the classic astrology planets (moon, sun, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, pluto)

I am planning on writing a guide book as well but the bulk of the readings will be intuition based.

danieljuk

thank you for posting about it blackandthemoon, I love this idea! there has already been a few attempts of this but yours seems a unique idea. you might want to look through the astrology deck section at AT to see the similar decks in the genre here. I know the Karma oracle has 3 sets of 12 cards; Signs, Planets and Houses and you combine them in a reading but for me there is too much writing on the cards, the picture is tiny!

I have some questions about it as a complete beginner to astrology :)

1/ can you use it if you don't know everything about houses and star charts? how easy it for beginners in the area?

2/ can you read them intuitively? I know you said you won't need the book necessarily but is there enough visual clues and symbols in the pics to do a reading for someone?

love this idea though, love the artwork and will follow it's creation :) good luck with it! :thumbsup:

blackandthemoon

Thankyou!

You definitely don't need to know everything - I think that is what makes it special. For instance if you know the basics of what each sign and planet represent/their qualities I believe it would feel natural and intuitive to read for someone.

Right now i am just using the zodiac/planet ruling house numbers as a kind of connector between them. However I may go ahead with my original idea which is to have planet, zodiac and house cards.

For example if you pulled aries, mars and 8th house - it could be read the same way a transit would be in astrology:

so aries is headstrong, a leader, fierce temperament.
mars is all about energy and action
and 8th house is about regeneration, transformation

so depending on the situation/question you would be able figure out what they are telling you.

The book will have the basics but I do think the imagery says a lot as well. If you look at venus for instance you know your reading will be a matter of love (heart) or beauty/senses (roses).

Now let's say you have a bit more experience with astrology and you know your chart and you want to connect with an area of it it could be used as a meditation tool. My moon is in capricorn in 3rd house so I could pull those three cards and use them for that purpose as well.

Its something I want people to be able to use for many purposes.

I hope I am making sense in my explanation - getting the words to flow is a bit more difficult :p

blackandthemoon

Sidenote:

The planets will have their ruling zodiac in them. Venus has Libra/Taurus but it doesn't mean necessarily that your reading is about those signs, it's just a way to learn the cards and their correspondences.

There will also be a section on the elements as well: earth, air, fire and water and how they connect to different signs and planets that can be read as well.

I'm going to use venus again which is earth which governs material (body, money, nature, senses), capricorn, taurus and virgo (so that could represent an aspect of those signs or people)

I want the possibilities to be endless and for people to read and interpret them in a way that makes sense to them.

AngelDancer

Very cool deck! I already have the Astrology Reading Cards and use them a fair bit. I like (even PREFER) the simplicity of these - they would combine beautifully with the Tarot for combination readings.

Le Fanu

This is a stunning deck. Well done. The aesthetic of this deck will have enormous appeal and I do think it grabs a certain zeitgeist of current taste. It looks beautifully produced.

However, I have to add - and I know we're not supposed to be honest - but all explanatory posts seem to be extremely confusing. The more it is explained, the more fathomless it seems. I know for a fact that I would never make head or tail of this deck according to what I have read. I'd buy it for the look and mood of it, but I know I'd never in a million years be able to make a start at using it from what I have read. I'm not sure I'd get very far intuitively with it either - but it is beautiful.

danieljuk

sorry for the delay in replying blackandthemoon. Thanks for explaining the deck further, I do understand it better! But as Le Fanu pointed out, do think carefully about how the system works and how you explain it, that is the only part of this which could be weak, the art and design is beautiful!

I like your idea about the transits being the "oracle energy", today I am going to have a Mars energy day. I can understand astrology that way.

Wishing you the best with this project and keep us updated and when it's available :) :thumbsup:

elektrius

wow very nice! i like the simplicity. very elegant and has a nice vibe as well. looking forward to seeing how it develops..

fixedair

A common complaint of traditional astrologers to the moderns is that houses are not signs. I would prefer if the houses were split off.

2dogs

Drawing a planet, sign and house sounds like a good system for getting a detailed meaning :thumbsup:.