What tarot decks have you bought or seen at garage/yard sales?

Rusty Neon

I haven't seen any yet at garage/yard sales. Has anyone else been successful?

Thanks in advance.

(Yippee, this is my 1111th post.)

Melvis

Happy eleventy-leven, Rusty Neon! :D

I keep searching at garage sales, but I never find any tarot decks. I've found some great books on astrology and dreams, but no tarot. And I live in the 'uptown' area of the Twin Cities that is kind of funky and unique, so I would think I'd find decks here, if I were to find them anywhere. But...nothing.

Hopefully someone out there has gotten lucky at a garage sale! (Um...lucky in terms of tarot, I mean! ;) )

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

poivre

Happy 1111!!!!

I find lots of books but not cards.

Ruby7

I have never seen a single tarot deck at a garage sale :( I always live in hope though :)

Congratulations on your 1111th Rusty!!

Ruby7

Rusty Neon

ros said:
Happy 1111!!!!

I find lots of books but not cards.

Thanks, Ros ... What books have you found?

poivre

Regular astology or New Age books & the odd tarot.

There is an old book store not far from where I live. You can buy books cheap, read them & take them back. There are all kinds. If there is something special you want let me know & I'll look or ask. I'm not good at history like you so give details. lol

Only if you want.

Your pm is full

Chronata

There are a ton of decks that both my Mom and I have discovered at garage sales!
(Although I will admit my Mother is so much better at it!)

Let's see...tiny RWS, Tarot Balbi, Tarot of the Witches, Tarot Nova, Southwest Sacred Tribes, Cat People, 1JJ Swiss, Mythic, Grand Tarot Esoterico, Hoi Polloi, ...there might be a few others that I am forgetting!
Also...lots of Oracle decks..like different Sibillia decks and my Sakura CLOW cards!

This has been over the course of the last 15 or so years...and I don't think we payed more than $2 for any of these.

And I can't even count the number of books...on tarot, new age, and occult subjects that we have found!

I do have to add...that my Mother goes to garage sales for a living! It's not her job...it's her calling! :)

Laura Borealis

Wow Chronata -- maybe we should all take yard sailing lessons from your mom! :D

I've never found a deck at a yard sale, but I found my first tarot book at one. I think I will start asking when I go to sales. I could be just missing them. And sometimes when you ask, people will bring stuff out of their house that they hadn't originally thought of selling.

lunalafey

where's the 4-pointed crown!!!?

I have not been so lucky to find such tarot things at garage sales
I end up finding things like old old beads that are sold in shops for $15 to $30 a strand for like 25 cents {cranberry white hearts and watermelon cheverons for starters}

The only Tarot thing I have found in a sort of garage sale setting- was the Voyager tarot with the little deck book- the big companion book and a set of cassette tapes {one missing} for $4.

VGimlet

If I ever saw a deck at a garage sale I would probably buy it immediately! I did see a deck for sale at an antiques store - it was a Marseilles deck, and it was not antique, and of course they wanted a very antique price for it, LOL.

I have seen books, but nothing I was interested in. I always look though, hoping someone has their aunt's Folchi collection....

The Portland based Powell's books on Hawthorne (kind of a funky area) tends to get the used decks. I've gotten a few things there at a good price.