PDA

View Full Version : NEW SUBSCRIBER: Help please???

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 11:22
Hello!

I just became a subscriber today :D thanks to a wonderful gift subscription from an "anonymous" friend.....

I received an email from Solandia, outlining some of the perks of being a Subscriber, but I have a couple of questions, thought maybe someone could help me out!

1) I would like to get my FREE copy of Thirteen's Basic Card Meanings ebook....can someone please tell me how I can order this??? Thanks!

2) Also, I am supposed to be able to track PM's, to find out if the recipient has read my PM yet or not...for some reason, this is not working for me. It says "There are no new messages to track" even though I have just sent some PM's!!!

Thanks everyone for your help....it is so nice to be a subscriber, especially since it came as a complete surprise!

:D Luna

dolphinprincess
26-03-2004, 11:32
Originally posted by lunakasha

2) Also, I am supposed to be able to track PM's, to find out if the recipient has read my PM yet or not...for some reason, this is not working for me. It says "There are no new messages to track" even though I have just sent some PM's!!!

Before you send the PM, you need to check the little box that say "Request Read Receipt" in the Options section, beneath the message... It will not track automatically...

Of course, you may already be doing this - if so, I'm not sure what the problem is..

Congrats on becoming a subscriber :D

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 11:40
THANKS dp!!!! (((DP)))

Hey...are you my anonymous little friend??? LOL :laugh:

No, I didn't know about checking the box...cool!

Do you know how to get the free e-book????

Anyone??? :laugh:

Thanks!

dolphinprincess
26-03-2004, 12:48
THANKS dp!!!! (((DP)))

Hey...are you my anonymous little friend??? LOL :laugh:

No, I didn't know about checking the box...cool!

Do you know how to get the free e-book????

Anyone??? :laugh:

Thanks!

Well, I am your "little friend" (LOL.. at 5'1").. .. but not the "anonymous one you speak of".... :D That was very sweet of someone to send you a subscription... I didn't even realize you weren't a subscriber...

Just curious - is there a way to tell who is / isn't???

Anyway.. I have no idea about the free ebook.. as I AM a subscriber and I have to say I went ahead and paid for mine.. had no idea I could get a free one..???

Astraea
26-03-2004, 12:55
Hi, Lunakasha. I don't know anything about how to obtain the book, either, but I do wish to welcome you as a subscriber!

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 13:14
THANK YOU for the warm welcomes, Astraea and dolphinprincess!!! :D :D :D Very excited to be here!!! I don't know if there is any way to find out who subscribes and who doesn't.....maybe a moderator could help us out????

Also, the free ebook....it was mentioned in the email (notifying me that I am now a subscriber) that this is one of the subscriber benefits...so if I do find out how to get one, I will post here and let everyone know!!! Maybe this is something new???

I really wish I knew who it was....what a sweet thing to do, it really did make my day!!! I am planning to make a donation for someone else someday...as soon as I am able to do it.
I want to make someone feel as special as I did today! :D

:) Luna

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 13:18
Originally posted by dolphinprincess
Before you send the PM, you need to check the little box that say "Request Read Receipt" in the Options section, beneath the message... It will not track automatically...

By the way....I found the place to check off, and it is working now!
Thanks again, dp!!! :D

Imagemaker
26-03-2004, 13:19
Everyone who posts in Chat is a subscriber or those who have a unique "title" under their name in the left column of a posting, otherwise I don' t know how to tell. There's nothing in the profile to indicate, either.

Welcome to subscribership!

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 13:26
Originally posted by Imagemaker
Everyone who posts in Chat is a subscriber or those who have a unique "title" under their name in the left column of a posting, otherwise I don' t know how to tell. There's nothing in the profile to indicate, either.

Welcome to subscribership!

Thanks Imagemaker! :D

I am still kind of in shock about the whole thing, so unexpected and wonderful....this kind of thing never happens to me, you know??? I am just very HAPPY!!! :D

Oh, and thanks for answering one of my/our questions!

Now, my next project is to figure out what my new title will be.....
hmmmmm...guess I'll have to sleep on it! :P hee hee!

:D Luna :D (grinning more than usual today!)

Kaz
26-03-2004, 17:28
thirteens book is here online as html files:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

you can order it as e-book as well:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/ebook.shtml

the title under your name you jusr send solandia an email and she will change it for you.

jmd
26-03-2004, 17:58
As Imagemaker mentions, the simplest way to ascertain whether someone is a subscriber is to check their 'title' (under their username).

If, however, a subscriber decides to use the default titles (Resident, Elder, etc), then, unless they happen to post in the restricted subscriber-only Forums, there is nothing to generally indicate whether s/he subscribes.

lunakasha
26-03-2004, 22:28
Originally posted by jmd
As Imagemaker mentions, the simplest way to ascertain whether someone is a subscriber is to check their 'title' (under their username).

If, however, a subscriber decides to use the default titles (Resident, Elder, etc), then, unless they happen to post in the restricted subscriber-only Forums, there is nothing to generally indicate whether s/he subscribes.

Thanks, jmd!!! That makes sense!

Now, do you know anything about the free copy of Thirteen's Basics ebook??? That was listed here under Subscriber Benefits...

Thanks again!

wavebreaker
26-03-2004, 22:40
Now, do you know anything about the free copy of Thirteen's Basics ebook??? That was listed here under Subscriber Benefits...

Thanks again!
:) Luna Kaz already answered that question for you ;):Originally posted by Kaz
thirteens book is here online as html files:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

you can order it as e-book as well:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/ebook.shtml

the title under your name you jusr send solandia an email and she will change it for you.

lunakasha
27-03-2004, 00:31
Thanks Kaz and wavebreaker.....

I went to the link for Thirteen's ebook and could not find any way to order it "free"...you have to pay using PayPal. I know that it's only $5, but it does say that one of the benefits of membership is a free copy...so I just want to find out if this is true or not. If it is not a benefit of subscribing, someone should probably remove it, right? Here is the link:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/forum/subscribe_details.shtml#ebook

Thanks for your help....I think I have been able to access all other subscriber benefits now....and I am enjoying the subscriber forums very much! :)

LadyMedusa
02-04-2004, 07:45
lunakasha,

Look in the subscribers section on the main board for the "extras" area. I think that is wheat you are after.

LadyMedusa

wavebreaker
02-04-2004, 08:24
Originally posted by LadyMedusa
Look in the subscribers section on the main board for the "extras" area. I think that is wheat you are after.Here (http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=69)'s a direct link to that section. ;)

lunakasha
02-04-2004, 08:41
Thanks LadyMedusa and wavebreaker!

I have downloaded my ebook and look forward to reading it!

miss_apples
06-04-2004, 02:58
I emailed Solandia for my free e-book. But that was before she posted it in the "Extras" secton,