Looking for an oracle deck.

juniper-shand

Can anyone recommend a good oracle deck? I am looking for one with lots of cards and a preferably a multicultural feel to it.

Thanks and Blessings,
M

Scarlet Woodland

A combination deck of the Gods and Titans and Goddesses and Sirens is the first option to spring to mind. Lots of cards and covers a wide range of cultures :)

juniper-shand

A combination deck of the Gods and Titans and Goddesses and Sirens is the first option to spring to mind. Lots of cards and covers a wide range of cultures :)

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing!!! I want to get a graduate degree in Comparative Mythology and I thought this would be an excellent way not only to hone my divination skills but to brush up on the myths and symbols of other cultures!! :D

I noticed the pictures are very pretty but are they invocative or do you need the book or words at the bottom to figure out the meanings?

Scarlet Woodland

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing!!! I want to get a graduate degree in Comparative Mythology and I thought this would be an excellent way not only to hone my divination skills but to brush up on the myths and symbols of other cultures!! :D

Yay :) That sounds perfect. I have to admit I mainly bought these on owlmoon513's recommendation (YouTube), not being totally sold from the online images at first. Now I have them though, I'm so glad I took the plunge. They really are wonderful decks and its nice to have some masculine energy in an oracle deck for a change. Have included the links to the 2 part vid that sold me on it here if you fancy a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48sdH-T90NA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg2n2LNSiPc

She also has a vid talking about the differences between the US and AUS versions if you do decide to go for them. I went for the US version for the extra cards & much nicer backs, funnily enough was relieved that they're a little on the thin side... goodness knows how I'd shuffle the combined mega deck otherwise :D

ETA: Some of the cards require a second look to connect the meaning but once you've spent a little time with them they really speak to you. The single keyword is enough to give you a jumping off point but the books are great too so well worth a read. They also offer an invocation for each card as a way to connect to that deity.

juniper-shand

More on oracles

I noticed after seeing pics and watching videos that everyone in the decks seems to look the same. I mean, everyone is pretty and thin or handsome and built. Do the readers of this deck find this distracting? Are you able to pull a meaning strictly from the image or do you find that you have to use the keyword or the book?