Crystal Study Group...Tiger's Eye

Chronata

I have seen this stone also under the name of crocodolite(which I actually had always thought was leopard agate...)

Tigers'eye has the wonderful optical illusion, where it looks as it the bands are hovering above the surface, and moving and rolling like waves.

One book I have lists tiger's eye as ruled by Mercury...
another book claims it as ruled by Mars.

So...I suppose if you ever needed to win a competition using your brain, your smarts and/or your memory...Tiger's Eye would be the perfect talisman for covering all bases!

I have several really beautiful pieces...both in the brown color...and in the less-common blue.

one book has this to say of its properties:
"Defeats opposition and ensures victory in any competitive venture. Commands love, loyalty and admiration. Offers protection from treachery and deceptions. Increases the body's natural capacity to resist infection."

Wow.It seems to have a lot going for it!

also...as an amulet...it is "great for business, and to achieve clarity."

I have always seen tiger eye as a quite agressive stone, myself. I have worn it most often when I have to go to an audition. It makes me feel confident and that my voice and words will win people over!

All Is One

Blue Tiger Eye & TS Eliot

Chronata:

If possible, might you post a pic or a link to blue tiger eye? Never heard of it but very curious and more than a little intriqued to find out about it. I agree about the agressive propensities of Tigers Eye stone and admire your description of the bands of color floating on the surface. Rare & poetic at the same time.

As for my first love in life - TS Eliot... who refuses
not to break one's heart,
I will simply quote:

"Midnight shakes the memory
As a madman shakes a dead geranium"

Majecot

All in One

I found a Pic for you (slow nite at work...lol)

I have a couple of beautiful Tiger Eye stones, I love the earthy colors in them.

I also found this little tidbit on the net:

"A gift of tigereye is thought to ensure a couple's steadfastness and loyalty to one another. Wearing tigereye helps one become an effective helpmate. It pulls one into a more positive and flexible attitude and is especially effective for those who are somewhat stubborn"

it is not a real good picture of the blue, I will keep searching ;)

Attachments

• cab_bluetiger.jpg
    cab_bluetiger.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 230

All Is One

Woke up a few days ago with blue T eye on my brain. Must have been dreaming about it. Tiger eye has always fascinated me and so few I come across are well cut or well shaped. I can tell that the picture of the blue tiger eys does not relect it, but I am still curious to know if the blue form is the same type of formation, or whether, like a few minerals I have had experience with, it is actually a completely different stone?

~~~thanks for the link!~~~

Chronata

I would guess that blue tiger's eye is not a different mineral combo than the brown...only because most blue specimins that I have also have a bit of the brown color in them.

But I don't really know for sure!

I will attempt to look into this for you, All Is One!

(I will also try and take a photo of the ones I have sometime next week when i am back at home.)

Deneb

In my mineral-book it says, that tigers eye is formed from hawks eye (the blue tigers eye), when crocodolite transforms to quartz, and that T eye and H eye appear in nature next to each other. Don't know if this helps, but they both are really pretty stones :)

amyel

the book "Healing Crystals & gemstones - From Amethyst to Zircon" by Peschek-Bohmer & Schreiber has this to say about Tiger's Eye:

" T.E jewelary should only be worn for a few days in a row because it stems the flow of energy. After being used for healing purposes, it shoudl be discharged under running water an then recharged in sunlight for a few hours."

For those who use crystals for chakra work, T.E is apparently good for the navel chakra and solar plexus. It is also good for depression & asthma

The closest I could find to a blue eyed anything was a Falcon's eye. This same ref book says F.E. only waer it for three days in a row, because it also blocks the flow of energy. Do not clense in wter but in dry hematite stones and recharge amongst rock crystals.

Chronata

oooh that is so fabulous...I have never heard of anyone calling Blue Tiger's Eye, Falcon's Eye or Hawk's Eye...

Now that IS pure poetry!

And I will remember to wear mine only a few days in a row...thank's for that info, amyel!

amyel

Chronata said:
oooh that is so fabulous...I have never heard of anyone calling Blue Tiger's Eye, Falcon's Eye or Hawk's Eye...

Now that IS pure poetry!

And I will remember to wear mine only a few days in a row...thank's for that info, amyel!
Well, here's one more for you. Tonight I was a my local mini mall, which has one of my favorite jeweller in it. I bought a pendant of "Bull's Eye" or "Ox-Eye". It was with the Tiger's Eye, but is a deeper color, almost mahogony color.

If you go to this website, it has a decsription of blue Tiger's Eye: http://www.awarenessshop.com/OnLineStore/Crystals/tigerseyemidni.html

I've never bought from this site, I only use it for descriptions, photos & healing properties.

smokey

???
NOW, I'M CONFUSED!!!
I just happened to order a blue tiger's eye from Isis a coupla' days ago B-4 running into this site & only ordered it cuz the crystal/gemstone section described as"develops alertness/stimulates 3rd Eye". SOO... I also ordered UKANITE(?) as its claim said "visions" AND SPECTROLITE re:"gazing/intuition".
(I want to try my hand @ scrying due to a "gut-instinct"; but see
above nothing relating to 3rd Eye re: tiger's eye...Have I made one of my typical mistakes??? Please advise and thank you.