Astrology, Aleister & Aeon

lawguy51

I just came across this interesting book called 'Astrology, Aleister & Aeon' by an author named Kipp. Have any of you read it? Since The Thoth deck has led me to Astrology, and since the forward for the book was written by Robert Anton Wilson who in the '70s, started this weird spiritual trip I've been on with his book Cosmic Trigger, Final Secret of the Illuminati, I just had to pick it up. I've only read a bit of it but the author, instead of using several natal charts to espouse his knowledge and theories, has decided to concentrate solely on Crowley's natal chart because here is a case of someone who's outer life journey is well documented, as well as his inner journey through Crowley's own writings. From what I can glean so far, the author is attempting to debunk modern science's debunking of astrology. Anyway, the prose is dry but I'm about to dig in.

Lawguy51

isthmus nekoi

Sounds interesting! Pray tell, does it cover the transits to Crowley's chart when he wrote the Book of the Law? Now there were some crazy energies being set off.......

Minderwiz

I've not heard of this book but it does sound very interesting - perhaps you could add the odd post to this thread as you work your way through it - I'm sure that it will be of a lot of interest to Thoth deck owners (of which I'm one!)

lawguy51

Oh my god, I feel like I'm back in University. This book is so dense, so dry, but really amazing at the same time. I wish I had it here (work) so I could quote some stuff. Basically, this author is taking a morphological approach to Astrology (look it up) and puts up some solid arguments against traditional science as having the answers for how the Universe operates. Now, he presumes the reader knows what morphology is and doesn't really bother to explain it other than to quote a scientist but basically, I think it's a theory that beyond cause and effect, that previous systems can affect current systems without a scientific cause and effect provable phenomenon detected. Wheewww, did that mean anything to anybody? For example, your family unit is something that you take away with you when you are older and it influences your behaviour even though you are no longer in the family unit. Likewise, the planet positions at your birth have a lasting affect on your life long after you were born. At least, I think that's what he's talking about. Anyway, he goes into great detail and then uses Crowley's chart to make his point at the end of each chapter. It's really, really intense reading but I'm quite enjoying it. I'll need to go back and take notes to really get the most out of it. Right now I'm reading about entropy, how when energy transforms into something else, it tends to disburse, diffuse, evaporate, weaken, and how modern technology is doing the opposite of what it was intended to do, that it is weakening and disipating the earth's energy and that it cannot maintain itself in this way. What does that have to do with Astrology, ummm, I think it was in the section discussing the Moon's north and south nodes. Anyway, if you're in the mood for a University text book that really challenges your brain, check this one out.

Lawguy51

Astraea

Lawguy, I was so intrigued by your initial post that I ordered the book and it arrived last week. You have done a good job of describing morphology, at least in terms of how it's been presented to me as the idea that systems build on/arise from within the matrix of other systems (rather like the expression that "we stand on the shoulders of giants"). I agree with you, the book is dense with information and theory, and very fascinating. Amazon has several new and used copies at very reasonable prices.