PDA

View Full Version : Just testing

Moongold
03-04-2004, 22:32
I am just testing this.Happy Easter

Le_Corsair
04-04-2004, 00:40
Hey, everyone, send PM's to Moongold telling her not to use color!

Bob :THERM

Moongold
04-04-2004, 06:57
Hahahahaha

I love color, Bob. Now though, can't always read it in slabs of text without difficulty. I actually used to use color in my posts quite a bit. Was one of the first to do so in fact. Ah. who is ever the first?

You have an excellent memory by the way :)

I just wanted to test the font thing because I think that is really cool and one way of varying the text for some.

Someone might be able to help. Can every person read the different fonts or do you have to have them installed on your computer before you can read them here?

This is Comic Sans MS. The green one above is Benguiat

Moongold

Le_Corsair
04-04-2004, 09:11
I see them both as different fonts, Moongold, but the green one looks a lot like Times New Roman. But I don't profess to know a lot about fonts. This one is called Gilligans Island.

p.s. I don't know if you have to have them installed on your computer, I think that you do. You definitely have to spell the name of the font correctly, they are case-sensitive.

Bob

Moongold
04-04-2004, 09:19
You're right, Bob. It wasn't Benguiat. God knows where that name came from :laugh:

I changed it to Bradley Hand ITC

Le_Corsair
04-04-2004, 11:43
I take it that you couldn't read the Gilligan's Island font in my previous post then, huh?

Moongold
04-04-2004, 12:11
Yes I could read your message. But can you read this? I love this idea of using different fonts.

Do you think the Forum will allow it except for occasional things?

I love colour but against the Aeclecic Purple or "Plain" it is sometimes really hard for me to read when presented in "dense" slabs of text.

My vision may fluctuate on a daily basis, depending on heat, fatigue and other variable factors. Makes life interesting sometimes. I work with some people who are partly deaf and I think I am a little better off than they are, however.

Sometimes, Bob, I see things that are not really there but they are not hallucinations, visions, psychic insights or puddle revelations. They are simply visual disturbances which have a physical cause due to optic nerve damage.

So there you go - For some reason I felt obliged to explain this to you :D. I'm not totally sure people believe me about the colour. :(

wavebreaker
04-04-2004, 19:54
I find some fonts very difficult to read on a monitor, so I would prefer it if people would stick to the default font.

Diana
04-04-2004, 20:07
I'm with wavebreaker. Colours, different fonts... makes it tiring for the eyes. The Aeclectic Tarot Forums are not an art gallery. And some people have problems reading colours all of the time, not only occasionally.

Le_Corsair
04-04-2004, 20:19
It's probably best to reserve those wonderful fonts and colors for your home computer, I guess. :)

Moongold
04-04-2004, 21:23
Thank you :)

Will stick with the normal font.

MG

jmd
05-04-2004, 00:31
I'm with you on

this one!!!

Moonbow
09-05-2004, 23:05
Hi Phoenix Rising

you can have a little practice here I think

just look at my post by pressing the quote button

you can change color

and do italics

I know you already have the link but to post a reply and quote someone else you just start typing after the quote

you can practice on me if you like
:)

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:14
[b]

Moonbow
09-05-2004, 23:15
right

so I have just done a reading for you and this is it:

la lala la la.................. :)

now press the quote button on my post and put your reply - see :)

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:17
Originally posted by Moonbow*
right

so I have just done a reading for you and this is it:

la lala la la.................. :)

now press the quote button on my post and put your reply - see :) [la lal

Moonbow
09-05-2004, 23:20
yay!

There's no stopping you now

watch out world :D

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:22
[color=blue] hey thanks moonbow. I'm wrapped about that as my threads were always so boring. [/color=blue]

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:23
Hey what happened to the color blue? in that last post.

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:26
Originally posted by Phoenix Rising
[color=blue] hey thanks moonbow. I'm wrapped about that as my threads were always so boring. [/color=blue] [/QUOTE]

now try again

Phoenix Rising
09-05-2004, 23:31
just having a little play folks so please forgive me, but practise makes perfect after all