PDA

View Full Version : Width of "new posts" page

Imagemaker
05-04-2004, 01:25
Suddenly this morning when I click "view new posts" the page that appears is slightly too wide for my screen. It means I have to scroll right to click the "latest post" arrow.

The actual posts fit like they always did. But when I go back to the list page ("thread results"), it is left-adjusted again.

Is this just me or has someone been playing with the width of the displayed page?

Le_Corsair
05-04-2004, 03:17
I've been noticing this also, not only here at Aeclectic but also on my LiveJournal. I thought it was some fault of mine, but maybe not.

Bob :THERM

wavebreaker
05-04-2004, 04:18
I haven't noticed anything different.

If the problem occurs on other websites as well, maybe it's caused by a change in your settings, for example in screen resolution?

Laura Borealis
05-04-2004, 04:29
When it happens on my Livejournal friends page, it's because someone posted a long link, or an image that's too wide for my screen.

I wonder if your problem with the "view new posts" page is that someone's subject line is extra long. It's not happening for me. But I hate having to scroll left to right, so I feel your pain! :P

Diana
05-04-2004, 05:04
No problems of that kind my end.

Imagemaker
05-04-2004, 09:08
Upon further research, I discover that it's only page 1 of "thread results" that's too wide (can't see beyond the : of "Page:" without scrolling right).

Page two is like it always was. And nothing has been changed on my system for screen resolution.

Weirdness happens. I can cope.

Imagemaker
05-04-2004, 20:16
It's fixed! Page 1 of thread results is back to the same width as the other pages!

Thanks to the Web Angel!

(ulp) but now page 2 and 3 is extra wide. I'm laughing here, someone is playing with me . . .

Astraea
05-04-2004, 21:35
Imagemaker, have you switched browsers? When I use Netscape, I can get Page 1 of a search, but not any additional pages; everything works fine with Internet Explorer. I'm wondering if your page-width difficulties could be the result of a similar browser quirk.

Imagemaker
05-04-2004, 21:51
Same browser at home I've been using since January (Mozilla Firebird). When I get to work tomorrow I will check this expanding/shrinking phenomenon on that system (Explorer).

Adds a whole new twist of play to my AT experience :)

Imagemaker
05-04-2004, 23:00
Ok, one hour after the last post, all my "thread results" page widths are fine and back to normal.

Nothing has changed in my system in any way. Is this faeries or hallucinations, or has a webmaster actually been changing page widths?

No matter, I'm accepting whatever the universe sends me . . . my priority is to stay connected!

Le_Corsair
06-04-2004, 00:00
Originally posted by Imagemaker
Same browser at home I've been using since January (Mozilla Firebird). When I get to work tomorrow I will check this expanding/shrinking phenomenon on that system (Explorer).

Adds a whole new twist of play to my AT experience :)

Ha! Same browser I'm using, but I'm not having any troubles today, at least not at Aeclectic.

Bob :THERM