Full Moon in Libra

Minderwiz

The Full Moon in Libra occurs at 12:03 BST on the 5th April. The planets emphasise the Airiness of Libra with a predominance of Air signs. The Cardinality of Libra is also emphasised, the planets tending to fall equally between Cardinal and Mutable signs with only Mercury and Neptune in fixed signs.

This suggests a month when innovation, new ideas and adaptability are in the air. The Full Moon is also trined by Neptune – Hopes and aspirations but a hint of otherworldliness that could actually get in the way. However the Full Moon is squared by Saturn, still out of sorts, languishing in Capricorn in detriment, slow of movement having just turned direct. Saturn will provide restrictions and limitations on getting things moving. With little essential dignity Saturn will not provide the constructive base from which things can procede. It is more likely going to interfere with anything constructive, leading to perhaps a more fearful approach to the opportunities that are presented and a feeling that things aren’t ready yet, rather than grasping opportunities when they arise.

Venus, in Gemini, rules the Moon in this chart and is in mutual reception with Mercury in Taurus both by sign rulership and Terms, as well as being in partile semi-sextile aspect. Although neither is particularly strong in the other’s sign at least there is mutual support between them. Venus is applying to Mars in a rather wide conjunction but this will not be perfected till after the second Aries New Moon. Venus also is applying to a square with Uranus in Pisces and this will give something of an unusual, or independent element to it during the next week, relationships may end up rather strained as this independence adds to the self assertiveness of the coming Mars conjunction.

Mercury will turn retrograde the day after the Full Moon and retreat back into Aries to join the Sun and conjunct it two days before the New Moon. At the time of the Full Moon Mercury is applying to a sextile to Uranus, but the change of direction will mean that this aspect is never perfected – a situation referred to as refranation. Traditionally as the aspect will never be perfected there is a real argument for saying that the aspect is void.

Mars is separating from a square to Uranus and is applying to a square with Jupiter in Virgo. Neither of these aspects promise particularly good things, the aspect with Uranus is rather unsettling and Mars is already in detriment in Taurus and doesn’t really want to be stirred up by either Uranus or Jupiter (Retrograde and also in detriment in Virgo) – This is a recipe for someone asserting themselves in a big way and quirky way but without the necessary force or direction to see things through. If Mars energy affects your chart then think twice before trying to make use of it. As Mars also applies to a trine with Neptune, it’s possible that there’s also an element of self delusion to things. Neptune often muddies boundaries and the exercise of Mars’ energy requires that things are clear cut and not muddy at all.

Saturn not only squares the Full Moon but also sextiles Mercury and Jupiter – though as both of these are rather debilitated there does not seem much on offer from these aspects.

Pluto is rather out of things, not making any major aspects and retrograde in Sagittarius. One way to look at this is that Pluto forms something of a loose cannon – the power is there but it is not harnessed to anything and would be difficult to direct even if we could get our hands on it.

gloria

Hi Minderwiz…read your post with great interest, as usual. But forgive me, as a mere novice of astrology I am confused.
You say Saturn is languishing in Capricorn…did you mean to say Cancer?
Also on the chart I have, Pluto does aspect the Sun by a trine. Please feel free to explain where I am going wrong here. Thanks.

I’d be grateful to you Minderwiz et al for a run down on the Grand Trine between Mars, Neptune and the Moon in this particular chart.
Many thanks, Gloria.

Minderwiz

Just testing Gloria :)

Yes, Saturn is indeed in Cancer - it's a typo in the post but I didn't notice it till you drew my attention to it - Saturn is languishing there because Cancer is one of the signs of Saturn's detriment (the other being Leo).

The trine between Moon and Mars was certainly within traditional orbs of the planets, though a little wide for my computer program. Generally a GT in air tends to emphasis social and relationship issues - it also suggests a detachment and ability to take a theoretical standpoint. Air GT's can also suggest a rather superficial rather than depth analysis. That being said we need to look at the planets involved here. Neptune is hardly a symbol of detached analysis - it tends to muddy things or dissolve things, in this case getting a clear idea might be difficult. Mars is also not a thinker - he's the doer par excellance - Noble in a strong placement, but this is not a particularly strong placement. The Moon is also not particularly a thinker, she's the feeler par excellance. None of these planets are particularly happy in Air signs. I therefore feel that, the trines are more likely to make things worse rather than better! This isn't the symbolism of clearly thought out detached views nor is it the symbolism of a sensible approach to looking at relationships. The energy is there but focusing it is going to be really, really difficult.

gloria

Many thanks for that Minderwiz :)