Homeopathics....

TemperanceAngel

The more I get into my course, the more I cannot wait until I study my Homepathy subjects.

I am unsure where this thread should be, but seeing as homeopathics are akin to flower essences I think that it can go here!

I went to the student clinic last week and saw the Homeopath, it was the first time I had done this. Being a student he took my case home for a week and tonight I will hear some of the results.

It truly was amazing, and I am sure it is one of those experiences that you need to be ready and open for, which I was.

I spent an hour and a half talking about my History since birth (great stuff, as a reader it's nice to be the one talking about themselves for a change!)

But what I am most interested in is Herings Law of Cure, which we talk about all the time at College. I thought I need to experience it, so that when I am talking to my patients about it one day, I will have a full understanding of it.

This is probably quite a personal question to ask, but has anyone experienced Herings Law of Cure themselves?

For those of you who don't know what it is and are interested it goes like this: 1. From top to bottom, so head downwards. 2. From inside out, so internal organs out to the skin. 3. From end to beginning, so the last symptom first and running back to the first symptom, in order. It could end up that the last symptoms is a dream.

Interesting, huh!

In Naturopathic Philosophy, we treat the cause, not the symptom and believe the one should never suppress symptoms.

I look forward to any responses and questions :) XTAX

www.netmender.net/health/articles/healing_crisis.htm

Edited to add the website

Aura Wolf

That sounds really interesting, TemperanceAngel. I don't know a lot about homeopathy, but my mom uses it a lot :) Congrats!

TemperanceAngel

Thanks for the reply Dead Star! I took my treatment just under a week ago and no change, no healing crisis or Hering's Law of Cure, nothing?? XTAX

smleite

TA,

Can I share my own experience with Homeopatics with you?

I had a skin allergy a few years ago. It started suddenly, and was terrible – a skin rash that made me look like I had been flagellated, and kept me from sleeping, since it got worse at night. I was given a powerful anti-histaminic to take daily, and, after some tests, doctors told me this could last a lifetime. But I wanted to have a baby, and I didn’t like the idea of being tied to this medicine during pregnancy. Or to be unable to take it, since a day with out it was hell…

After a year and a half, and since a friend of my husband is married to a Homeopath, I decided to give it a try. She spent hours with me, and, just like you, I told her my story from birth. Even my sleeping position, or my dreams, was considered in her examination. She then told me that homeopaths believe in healing the patient, not the disease – that is, we all have tendencies for a certain kind of disequilibrium, and that disequilibrium is what evolves to diseases. So, each person’s treatment should address her disequilibrium’s tendencies, a structural condition, before addressing the symptom. Of course, we get to the person’s own structure by studying the symptoms, together with her particular dispositions.

She then gave me what she considered to be my “structural” medicine. She gave me only one medicine, because she thought my case was very clear; she said I had a good self-consciousness, so was able to state things in a clear manner. Some people can be hard to treat, because they are not good “story-tellers”, in what regards to giving an accurate account of their ailments and their general predispositions. She also gave me a single dose of a very high dilution – that is, in Homeopathic terms, she gave me a very strong medicine. She believed I could handle it, and said that she thought I was the kind of person that reacts better to strong and fast treatment. But she warned me of possible side effects: maybe some kind of violent emotional reaction, or strongly vivid dreams.

That very night, I took the whole bottle. Then, I had the most amazing and terrifying of dreams. A “dream” is the best word I have to describe it, but till this day I believe it really happened. I do! I had a terrible fight with a spectrum that woke me in the middle of the night, there in my own room. When I woke up, the skin rash was gone.

This happened about 3 years ago, I already have my baby, and never again took an anti-histaminic.

TemperanceAngel

((((((smleite))))))

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story with me (and AT), it truly is wonderful....

Because I am at the student clinic, they don't always get it right the first time. They gave me a high dose and nothing happened and I so wanted it to....

I have been back and talked more and given them more to think about and will be back next Wednesday, so shall report if anything happens.

What age is your baby now? XTAX

smleite

TA,

My baby (Mariana) is 19 months old. Amazingly, she developed a minor skin rash, that doesn’t bother her (just bothers me…), and is slowly disappearing. I don’t tell this to doctors, but I somehow believe it is related to my own story.

I am looking forward to learn more about your personal experiences with Homeopathy.

TemperanceAngel

smleite said:

My baby (Mariana) is 19 months old.
I am looking forward to learn more about your personal experiences with Homeopathy.
You must be so happy and proud of your little one....
I will let you know how it all goes, you have given me some inspiration that Homeopathy will heal me :) XTAX

Arnaud

Your story is interesting smleite, and i am glad that you are now in full health. At the same time, homeopathy is not something to be considered blindly, and anyone interested to switch to this medicine should take some time first to learn more about the history of this discipline, and the rather strange science pretending to be behind it (or rather, the absence of science). A short but complete overview can be found here http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/homeo.html , and is interesting. Even if the MD behind this text maintains a quite aggressive stance against it, his points are still valid. It s one thing to go into a metaphysical path (such as Tarot), but it is another to rely on unproven sugar dilutions })
In any case, the ideas behind homeopathy (to take into account the body as a whole) seems really interesting, and lacking in today symptomatic medecine. But it seems that, in spite of this nice idea, the suggested remedies (sugar + water) that homeopathy offers is not up to the task, at least on scientifically proven grounds.

Arnaud

smleite

Arnaud,

I believe Homeopathy is not for everybody, like Tarot isn’t. For many people, I am sure that Tarot is just an unproven sugar dilution – or much worse. To go into a metaphysical path such as Tarot, and benefit from it, implies that one has opened a door to something more than what we can see and measure. To take benefits from Homeopathy is probably akin – you need to have a door open to something “extra”. No matter how much time or pain is takes to open that door, it has got to be opened.

scorpio

i have had so much success with homeopathy over the years i thought i would comment here, one of the dog trainers at my job had the vet determine that shiloh had a non cancerous tumor that they would wait several months to remove when joey had the money. i suggested to joey that we do an herbal/homepath combo first then resort to surgery afterwards since many times tumors will grow back. After two bottles of enchinea/goldenseal/wood betony and two doses of thuja 30c the tumor was gone (herbals are to to be used in caution with knowlege i.e. enchinea can accelerate certain auto immune problems). Another coworker's boyfriend had a beagle who in spite of phenobarbitol had a frightening grand mal siezure that after calling the vet he recommended euthanizing the dog next time. Patty called me in tears and immediately followed all instructions, using homeopathic magnesium and switched to high fat diet and added whole cooked oats (nervine) with blackstrap molasses (excellent food source of magnesium) and the dog has been fine. My knowledge of this art was not sufficent enough to treat the severe vertigo i sustained after a car accident, and i was lucky enough to find an excellent homepath who has helped cure that condition when the doctors pretty much did nothing and charged a whole lot more. i have been seeing the homeopath monthly since the accident, my monthly cycle is so much easier, and little things like my hair had stopped growing for several years and when i complained of this to the homepath, voila all my friends are like your hair is getting so long!