The Alchemist by Amy Zerner

Kyrea Gold

I am interested in this deck and didn't see it mentioned in the archives.

Does anyone have it and could you tell me about it? I can't find much about it on the internet either....

Thanks!!!
Kyrea

Kyrea Gold

that is a great site! Thanks! I had a really accurate reading.

Too bad the deck is no longer in print :(

Kyrea

Chronata

What a really great site, Zorya and Kyrea!

I had no idea that this oracle deck existed!
(although I used to really love my Enchanted tarot)

Grrrr...and now that it's out of print, I feel like I HAVE to find me one!

Time to do an internet search!

Frank S

Just found one of these on eBay last week - brand-new & shrink-wrapped for £15...

Frank.

tarot heart

Just found one of these on eBay last week - brand-new & shrink-wrapped for £15...

Frank.

Really, sounds like a real find. May I ask what was the full title of the item? I may have to look for one myself! :D

Starshower

I have this.

Hi, I've had this for years. It is not a deck of cards. It's a very bright, shiny, inspirational 'game' in a large, flattish box. Inside are a thin booklet explaining the ways one can use the scheme; 4 brightly-coloured, 12-sided dice; and a spiral-bound holder with 4 long, thin, flip-over sets of pages (which serve as the 'cards', but don't come off the binder.) These 4 sets match the 4 dice & are entitled Fire, Air, Water & Earth - also called: Action, Idea, Emotion & Path respectively. Inside each flip-over stack are 12 brightly-coloured pictures & a description of each, with its implied 'meaning' or advice.
It is like a glossy, bright game, where you ask a question, throw the dice, & flip each of the 4 'card'-sets over to the relevant page (which match the dice in colour - aww!)
I find it a fun gimmick of child-like appeal, with some interesting snippets of generic advice. It's briefer, brighter & more fun than reading a turgid, righteous self-help book ... it's for those who like their moments of uplifting cheer systematised & simple.

Hope this helps. :)

eta: This has very little, if anything, to do with the actual practice of alchemy (which the booklet refers to briefly) but has quite a few useful snippets of the positive psychology of self-empowerment / self-pep-talk, which I think Monte Farber does so well in a simple, populist way, like mini-sermonettes or homilies.

I like mine ... and it's pretty! ;)

tarot heart

Hey Starshower!

Thanks for all the info on this item. I kinda thought it was a book format more than cards but I find that very appealing...something different than cards. It sounds like a fun set!

:)