The Chronicles of Destiny anyone?

pickled pixie

Hi peeps, I'm thinking of gifting myself this deck for Christmas and just wondered to those that have this deck, what are your thoughts about it? I love the idea of it being a mix of tarot and lenormand but does that work well? Also the art? I see it's photo manipulation (A style I usually run a mile from) if it's anything like The Faerie Ring oracle or enchanted map etc. then I'm gonna drop the idea like a hot potato!! ...but online the scans don't look like those decks, it almost looks like they are like oil paintings, how do they look in real life? The only reason I'm hesitant is the price, I just can't justify that sort of money on a deck that I won't use :( Any info or feedback on the deck will be greatfully received as there doesn't seem to be much about this deck online :/

Asher

I just ordered this set after reading a couple of online reviews and watching 1 or 2 YouTube videos. They look amazing! (I do like photo-realism, btw)

The storytelling aspect of the cards is what attracted me to them. Each card is considered a "chapter" in the overall story of the spread. It seems to have echoes of Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey to it as well.

I am already thinking up ways to read with it and adapting spreads from my collection for it.

Plus, the $10.00 off coupon at Amazon (HOLIDAY30) was a great incentive to pick this one up!

pickled pixie

You'll have to let me what you think of them when they arrive Asher! 😊 They do look very beautiful, it's just if they look too real it leaves me cold for some reason but these seem to look more like paintings from the online pics... I'm really intrigued by this deck... 😊

Asher

They're here!

My set arrived yesterday...the presentation is spectacular! A box made to look like an old book, just wonderful.

The cards are beautiful, too. Gilded edges, black borders, a thin gold frame around the images, and they are somewhat glossy. As with any gilded deck, the cards stick together, but were easily and quickly separated. Cardstock is sturdy and whippy, and may need a bit of breaking in to shuffle easily.

The art is gorgeous! They are photos, yes, but manipulated to be dramatic and evocative. They are a feast for the eyes!

I'm currently reading the companion book. It has color images of the cards along with detailed definitions.

Schiffer has outdone themselves with this set!

pickled pixie

My set arrived yesterday...the presentation is spectacular! A box made to look like an old book, just wonderful.

The cards are beautiful, too. Gilded edges, black borders, a thin gold frame around the images, and they are somewhat glossy. As with any gilded deck, the cards stick together, but were easily and quickly separated. Cardstock is sturdy and whippy, and may need a bit of breaking in to shuffle easily.

The art is gorgeous! They are photos, yes, but manipulated to be dramatic and evocative. They are a feast for the eyes!

I'm currently reading the companion book. It has color images of the cards along with detailed definitions.

Schiffer has outdone themselves with this set!
Thanks for the feedback Asher!! :) when you've done a few readings with it please let me know how it reads...I'm dying to know!! :D

OceanicWanderlust

Hi Pickled Pixie! I have this deck and absolutely love it. I've worked with it a lot in October when one of authors( Emily Ellershaw) had posted her Chronicles Challenge on instagram. It's like Tarot, Lenormand and Bibliomancy combined into one. The book has colour representations of the cards, great spreads as well as a second person story with each card. It's very straightforward while still allowing for a deep dive into the cards.

pickled pixie

Hi Pickled Pixie! I have this deck and absolutely love it. I've worked with it a lot in October when one of authors( Emily Ellershaw) had posted her Chronicles Challenge on instagram. It's like Tarot, Lenormand and Bibliomancy combined into one. The book has colour representations of the cards, great spreads as well as a second person story with each card. It's very straightforward while still allowing for a deep dive into the cards.
Mine just arrived today! The cards are much darker in colour than I thought, I know they always look brighter online but some are really hard to see like The Gatekeeper which was slightly disappointing. I have already read half the book which I am really enjoying and the presentation of the whole thing is just beautiful. I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea and well executed. I haven't done any readings with it yet but can't wait to dive in!! The whole thing is so magical and when I open the book (box) I expect golden glowing light and sparkles to pour out...I feel like I'm 10 years old again and reading The Chronicles of Narnia for the first time and becoming part of the adventure. :D I'm really surprised this deck isn't more popular...or maybe it is and I'm just not finding the threads. 😊

WolfSwan

Ooh!! I just came across these yesterday and I fell in love with the imagery! I really want to get one, but they are pretty pricey in Australia - I think the going rate is $60! I guess if they come so prettily packaged, it could just be a cheeky present from me to me...along with the two other oracle cards I just purchased!!!

I'd love to get feedback on people who've used it in readings before I purchase though, so pickle pixie let us know how you go with that!!!

pickled pixie

Ooh!! I just came across these yesterday and I fell in love with the imagery! I really want to get one, but they are pretty pricey in Australia - I think the going rate is $60! I guess if they come so prettily packaged, it could just be a cheeky present from me to me...along with the two other oracle cards I just purchased!!!

I'd love to get feedback on people who've used it in readings before I purchase though, so pickle pixie let us know how you go with that!!!
Hi wolfswan! I can't say enough good things about this deck! ! Yes it is pricey but worth every penny in my opinion :) I have spent the day reading with it and it reads incredibly!! Not only is it super spot on but also super easy to read because each card has a specific meaning! This is what I wanted Lenormand to be like but found it too vague! I adore everything about this deck and would advise anyone to snap it up!! :D

WolfSwan

Hi wolfswan! I can't say enough good things about this deck! ! Yes it is pricey but worth every penny in my opinion :) I have spent the day reading with it and it reads incredibly!! Not only is it super spot on but also super easy to read because each card has a specific meaning! This is what I wanted Lenormand to be like but found it too vague! I adore everything about this deck and would advise anyone to snap it up!! :D

OMG!! I just got them and I've been using them and THEY ARE AMAAAAAZING! Are they very accurate? I got a wonderful reading this morning but I'm trying not to get too excited. No question, just what the Universe wants me to know and Hero, Kissed, Pegasus and another card I can't remember off the top of my head came up. Do you find Pegasus is a speedy card, or a journey card? I don't know how to read it.

Also, what do you think of Hero II? He's come up but with the more negative cards like the shore one.

In any case I loooove these cards and I'm so glad I got them!!