PDA

View Full Version : 'Stop Watching This Thread' issue

Alta
12-04-2004, 07:40
Hi all,
I am quite happy to get the AT email notifications of the threads with which I am engaged. But sometimes when I am travelling a lot I prefer to cut back the notifications so as to not get 50 emails on return.
So I go into Users CP and the Watched Thread section. Then I click the little "Stop Watching" button for one of the threads which I no longer wish notification.
So far, fine. But.... after I do this, the page return is to the main Forums. Which means I have to click through the whole routine, including opening the list again to more than "Last Day" to do another one. When I am going away I generally wish to do this for 3 to 5 threads.

My suggestion: When a person is working in a page, say User's CP, can it be set that they return to the point where they started when they complete an action in case the wish to do a similar action. i.e. "Stop watching" another thread. I think that makes more sense that assuming they only wish to do one action and be put back into the main Forum page.

Le_Corsair
12-04-2004, 08:06
Personally, I'd like the option of a checkoff box for each thread, so you could check the threads you no longer want to watch, just as in an email box.

Bob :THERM

wavebreaker
14-04-2004, 02:10
Originally posted by Marion
My suggestion: When a person is working in a page, say User's CP, can it be set that they return to the point where they started when they complete an action in case the wish to do a similar action. i.e. "Stop watching" another thread.Actually, that's exactly what it does when I click the "Stop watching" option in my Watched Threads list in my User CP.

Could you maybe try it again, to see if your problem still occurs?

wavebreaker
14-04-2004, 02:13
Originally posted by Le_Corsair
Personally, I'd like the option of a checkoff box for each thread, so you could check the threads you no longer want to watch, just as in an email box.The forum software will soon be updated, and the new software has exactly this option, so all it takes is a bit of patience, and your wish will be granted... ;)

Le_Corsair
14-04-2004, 02:42
Originally posted by wavebreaker
The forum software will soon be updated, and the new software has exactly this option, so all it takes is a bit of patience, and your wish will be granted... ;)

Thanks, Wavebreaker! (and Solandia!)

Bob :THERM

Alta
14-04-2004, 07:50
No. Rats. When I click on a thread that I want to stop watching, I get an intermediate page saying something like "You are no longer watching this thread' then it tosses me out into the Forum main page.

Alta
15-04-2004, 07:31
After some investigation by Solandia, turns out my firewall, Zone Alarm, was causing the problem. For future reference.