Good Witch Bad Witch

Chronata

I finally saw these in person...and looked through the booklet in the store.
I must say...they are really neat cards...and I love the illiustrations.

However, I didn't really get a good idea how these will work as an oracle deck.

Does anyone out there have them?
Can anyone recommend them?
And how well do they work as an oracle?
Or are they mostly a self-help sorta deck?

Most of you know I am a sucker for all oracle decks...and Iwill most likely end up buying these for myself eventually...
But I would like to know if anyone has had some success in using them.

Thanks!

dolphinprincess

I have been really curious about this set as well..... It didn't appear that their main intent was as an oracle.. so I'm very interested in how they work. I know this deck is a favorite of many...

WolfyJames

Good Witch Bad Witch is my favorite oracle, it's the one I use the most. My best friend bought it and read me with it, I fell in love with and bought it. My mother loves the deck as well because the cards are mostly positive. The art is lovely, the witches are cute, the colors are vibrant (like the blue box). There are familiars on every card, and the most favorite familiar of these witches is the cat; so there are many cats in the deck. I'm saying this in case you're a cat lover (I am).

The deck is separated in two section, yellow and red. It's perfect for yes/no question. I do use spreads sometimes, but I mostly use like cartomancy (how to get the cards).

I shuffle the deck while asking a question, I cut, then I pick the first three cards on the top, at the same time, not one after the other, to keep the card at the top at the top (and the third card the third card, the cards closed) and I turn them all together. I only pick the card, (the card in the middle) if the two cards surrendering the card are of the same color (yellow or red). If the colors are not the same, I don't take the card in the middle. If the card in the middle is the same color as the cards surrendering it, then I don't take it as well. I finish the rest of the deck. Then, I read the cards that came up.

So far, this method has worked for me. I have tried it lately along with a tarot reading, with Madame Eudora's Fortune Cards, and Good Witch Bad Witch was better at the reading than Madame Eudora's Fortune Cards. You can see it here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24788

dolphinprincess

WolfyJames, Do you know a site that has some good scans of the cards?

dolphingirl

At a MSN (JB"S Tarot for Beginners) group where I am a member I got a reading with this deck by Peggy that was really great. I will post it below. Also if anyone wants scans of the cards feel free to PM me. I really love the artwork on this deck as well :) Below is my reading with this deck :)

Samantha is Next

"S" The Ditch Witch. (shes a bad witch) The Ditch Witch shows that by aiming onward and upward into the clear, you can rise above any swaping situation. Thoes who are causing you problems will become a great help to you in the future, aiding your escape from a particular ditch. You will meet supportive new friends with whom you share a similar outlook. Your spirits will be exuberantly lifted so you will enjoy happy,carefree, light-hearted, and frivolous fun.

"A" The Thunder and Lightning Witch (Bad witch) The ThunderandLighting Witch dispels a cloudburst of emotional tension. After the eruptions of aferocious magnetic storm, the air cleared and peace prevails.Negitivity is removed. Like a bolt from the blue positive fresh start may come by suprise and beseized by you in the magic of the moment.

"M" The Hallowe'en Witch (shes a bad witch) Mysteriously, a New Year Begins fr you on Hallowe'en,Oct.31st. A door opens into another world. You may see or dream of thoes you love who, alothough having passed from this world to the next,still want to help you. A poential lover will be thinking of you before being driven to open their hearts to you. Patience,spurred on by ambition, makes waiting easy for you.

"A" The Coven Witch (bad witch HUUMMM) The Coven Witch predicts a party or social gathering for you. Traditionally a Witche's Coven consists of a group of thirteen, six man,six woman and the ringleader. Youmay be meeting authoritative people,or find your selfe being welcomed into a new circle of like-minded people. You will choose carefully before stepping into a situation or siging an agreement thatmay prove difficult or extricate yourself from.

"N" The Wood Witch( Good Witch) The Wood Witchreveals that a project or desire will yield fruit, despite a shadow of doubt. As shadows are dependent upon light, your luminious wisdom is protected against uncertinity. You make the right connection in matters that are subjected to the play of light & darkness, balance and prosperity. Like the root of a tree you have nourishment, and like the trunk, your wishes will surely be sustained.

"T" The Timeless Witch (good witch) The Timeless Witch is perennially popular. She untangles phychological and emotional time-wasting knots. She induces happiness to fellow sadness, and her inspirational influence promises the fulfillment of you plans, hopes and heartfelt wishes. The Sunshine in your mind is about to dissolve any thick clouds of jealousy and pride. Your peace of mind attracts truth, happy news, aswell as new people andlocations. Understanding that time is your tool steadies your equilibrium.

"H" The South Witch (Good Witch) The South Witch predicts a happy phase when the sun will shine for you. An opportunity arises for you to glow in a new light of Happiness.
You shall reap what you have sown, and the fruits or you labors should reveal future expectations. Time is your dignified tool, and willpower your victorious armor.

"A" The West Witch (good Witch) The book says that if 2 compass cards show up in a reading it is to say you have 2 obstacles before success. The West Witch predicts a gift for you, along with divine intervention or strange coincidence. The Sun finally sets on a sinking situation that can nither be gazed upon nor held for long. Autume and sunsets may be significant time for ending negative influences and beginning good ways. In a errie darkness of night, West Witch spirits murmur their ethereal presence. Strenghtened by rest, youare illuminated by real changes of heart and mind which defeat the illusion of delusion.

The Ditch Witch Spell: For Breath like ditch water
The Thunder and Lightning Witch Spell: Tomake it rain on a adversary.
The Hallowe'en Witch Spell: Hallowe'en New Year Spell
The Coven Witch Spell: To give someone pins and needles
The Wood Witch Spell: To win your hearts desire
The Timeless Witch Spell: To remove a problem
The South Witch Spell: To incress Work success
The West Witch Spell: Now that it's over

Peace and Love,

Peggy

FantasyWorld

I just got this deck on Ebay and wow! what a cute fun little deck it is!
I have used it twice so far both times as daily cards for my day and I am impressed with it.

scorpio

This oracle comes closest to the pagan theme i'm looking for (even though i prefer the tarot format) with lots of animals/magical/cycles. I usually do a three card draw to generally intrepret or use the six month spread from the book, each with representing the energies for that month or use with tarot and the planetary spread, using one tarot card and one witch card for the moon, mercury, venus, sun, mars, jupiter, saturn. I have a very mischievious grey striped cat and there is one throughout the cards that is in one particular card "the cursing witch" where the witch is pointing a finger at the cat lol, my friends are all like "there is you and slim shady!" The animals are my fave and sometimes i will cross reference ted andrews intrepretation of say like squirrel or spider if they are on the card. This is the deck i have gifted the most to others because they like it too.