Gypsy cards in a New Light book

Belinda2

I am thinking about buying this book, I have had these kinds of cards but I am unsure how to read with them. I did have a reading with these cards and I was not impressed with the reading ( the lady used very old fashion terms like I would be getting gifts ( in the olden days many more gifts and letters were delivered). I saw that someone on this forum was ordering this book, so I thought I would ask those that have this book what they thought about it?

reall

this cards are probably most popular deck in my part of the world!:))
and called *gypsy tarot!:)) lolz
I find it to be surprisingly on spot in reading when I used it first time! as even with only 36 cards that are simple as possible it worked similar to tarot for me!:))
even it's reading system is more similar to lenormand/meaning is always the same regardles card design and all cards have titles but difference is there is no numbers and card insertions,

and you can read book sample here
http://www.zvezdavodilja.com/knjige/Sample.pdf
imo it's a best book for this specific cards!:)) but will you find it useful? it more depends on how do you feel about your deck? if you like using it and reading with it then go for it!:))
if not i don't think book will help?x,x
btw you can go for cheep pdf version I wrote for same cards
http://primavistax.deviantart.com/art/book-Gypsy-fortune-telling-36card-deck-440730476
but be warned there might be some grammar as I did't had proofreader!^^ lolz :))

Belinda2

this cards are probably most popular deck in my part of the world!:))
and called *gypsy tarot!:)) lolz
I find it to be surprisingly on spot in reading when I used it first time! as even with only 36 cards that are simple as possible it worked similar to tarot for me!:))
even it's reading system is more similar to lenormand/meaning is always the same regardles card design and all cards have titles but difference is there is no numbers and card insertions,

and you can read book sample here
http://www.zvezdavodilja.com/knjige/Sample.pdf
imo it's a best book for this specific cards!:)) but will you find it useful? it more depends on how do you feel about your deck? if you like using it and reading with it then go for it!:))
if not i don't think book will help?x,x
btw you can go for cheep pdf version I wrote for same cards
http://primavistax.deviantart.com/art/book-Gypsy-fortune-telling-36card-deck-440730476
but be warned there might be some grammar as I did't had proofreader!^^ lolz :))
Thank you for all the informaton when I have time I will check out what you wrote about the cards Don't worry about your grammar it's all fine thanks again

reall

ok! np! feel free to ask anything!:))

lightpers

Just got the book not so long ago, the book is beautiful hard greenish back but i am surprised there is no color ilustrations in the hardbook instead as it shown in pdf samples. The book is indeed thick and full of informations about this deck.

Only i find myself a bit hard to agree what the book says, it seems my thoughts on the cards, especially combinations and its meanings really makes me confuse but it is just me i guess :(

Belinda2

Just got the book not so long ago, the book is beautiful hard greenish back but i am surprised there is no color ilustrations in the hardbook instead as it shown in pdf samples. The book is indeed thick and full of informations about this deck.

Only i find myself a bit hard to agree what the book says, it seems my thoughts on the cards, especially combinations and its meanings really makes me confuse but it is just me i guess :(

Could it be that there are different "schools" like there are in Lenormand cards where the cards meanings are a bit different based on where the cards came from? Maybe it is the same for these cards I am unsure, maybe someone in this forum knows? In any case there are no right or wrong ways to read the cards, just keep reading them they way you are if it works for you.

Izzydunne

Excellent Book

There have been only two books written in English on Gypsy cards (Cigany Kartya). One is by Esther Gombor, and it is well written and easy to understand. She has recently shut down her website and the book is not to be found anywhere. The second book is "Gypsy Cards in a New Light", and this book is excellent. Packed with information on individual cards, combinations, and spreads there is much to learn from this book. In addition, the authors clearly love God and are not afraid to proclaim it. I make predictions on twitter using the Gypsy cards, and am very happy with the accuracy.

Izzydunne

Excellent Book

Double post, and deleted.

reall

There have been only two books written in English on Gypsy cards (Cigany Kartya). One is by Esther Gombor, and it is well written and easy to understand. She has recently shut down her website and the book is not to be found anywhere. The second book is "Gypsy Cards in a New Light", and this book is excellent. Packed with information on individual cards, combinations, and spreads there is much to learn from this book. In addition, the authors clearly love God and are not afraid to proclaim it. I make predictions on twitter using the Gypsy cards, and am very happy with the accuracy.
just to add there is book I wrote as well!:)) you can see link on my profile it was for sale on my DA acc!:)) or on e mail request!:)) and I plan to make it available as printed edition on http://ondemandbooks.com/self-publishing-selfespress.php soon!:))

Belinda2

I have been looking for Esther Gombor book even asked to buy one on here but I
Had no takers