Healing With The Angels (again)....

TemperanceAngel

I take this deck to work with me and usually get my clients to pull 1-4 cards at the end of their Tarot reading, it's great to bring some 'light' into peoples lives....BUT the cards are starting to peel at the corners!!!! I've glued them down, but it still keeps happening.

I love the cards, but am not impressed with their shoddy quality.

Anyone else have this problem with their deck?

XTAX

Alta

No, but I suspect that mine do not get as much wear as yours.
They are sort of sticky because of the kind of lamination, maybe that adds to the friction and accelerates the deterioration.

miss_apples

They do have quite a high gloss on them that attracts dirt. Mine also do not get as much wear on them as your temperance...but I do have a card or 2 with a tiny crease in it from my kids getting into them.,...lol.

TemperanceAngel

Oh good, glad they are not just mine! The thing is I have only been using them every week for about 3 months tops, and I don't get my client to shuffle with them either....
XTAX

hedgecub

If you use them a lot and they are so easily damaged, you might consider laminating them. You can get laminating pouches all in the exact same size, though whether or not they'll fit depends on how big your cards are.

TemperanceAngel

Good sugesstion hedgecub, but I also use my Tarot a lot and this hasn't happened.

I really think it's a fault of the design/printers/publishers, they are cards and supposedly meant to be shuffled and read. This can happen on a regular basis.

There's about 10 cards peeling, it's not very good. Maybe I should contact the publishers?

XTAX

miss_apples

TemperanceAngel said:
Good sugesstion hedgecub, but I also use my Tarot a lot and this hasn't happened.

I really think it's a fault of the design/printers/publishers, they are cards and supposedly meant to be shuffled and read. This can happen on a regular basis.

There's about 10 cards peeling, it's not very good. Maybe I should contact the publishers?

XTAX

Yes....sending them a friendly suggestion or a heads up surely couldnt hurt :)

Alta

Hi TA, had my cards out last night (first time in a while, possibly because of reading this thread) and got to thinking what you had said about usage. Once a week for three months? I have had my cards for a couple of years and I have used mine a lot more often than that. In fact during a deep crisis period in the fall of 2002 I used them daily or even more often and they show no wear. And I mean none. I think you may have a defective deck and should contact Hay House from that point of view. Marion

TemperanceAngel

Thanks everyone, maybe I will contact the publishers! XTAX

sunflowr

Marion said:
Hi TA, had my cards out last night (first time in a while, possibly because of reading this thread) and got to thinking what you had said about usage. Once a week for three months? I have had my cards for a couple of years and I have used mine a lot more often than that. In fact during a deep crisis period in the fall of 2002 I used them daily or even more often and they show no wear. And I mean none. I think you may have a defective deck and should contact Hay House from that point of view. Marion

I agree. I've had my deck for 4 years and use them aLOT, and they look just like when I first got them.