Archangel Oracle Cards By Doreen Virtue

JanetBoyer

Hello all,

Doreen Virtue has come out with a brand new oracle deck based on 15 Archangels which span Cabalistic, Jewish, Christian, Catholic, and Islamic beliefs, texts, and spiritual practices. I've just finished posting a review of this wonderful deck, which can be found here: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art19552.asp

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Blessings,
Janet

SongDeva

Has the deck actually been released yet?

contrascarpe

I'm somewhat interested in seeing these cards. If they are like her two "Healing" decks, then I will get them. If they are like her "Messages from Angels" and, to a lesser extent, her Magical Mermaids & Dolphins (which to me are too verbose on the cards to appeal to me) then forget it.

JanetBoyer

I have a link to Amazon in the text of the review, and according to Amazon, the deck was released in April 2004, so I assume they are available now. :)

There's only a short phrase on these cards...I wouldn't consider it verbose at all. (But as I said in the text of the review, this is my first experience with a Virtue deck.) :)

Blessings,
Janet

Lee

Janet, can you tell us about the gender balance on the cards? I don't have her other decks but my understanding is that all or most of the figures on her other decks are female.

Thanks --
Lee

lunakasha

JanetBoyer said:
I have a link to Amazon in the text of the review, and according to Amazon, the deck was released in April 2004, so I assume they are available now. :)

Unfortunately, this is not a guarantee that the decks have, in fact, been released. There have been issues with other decks recently (The Golden Tarot and The Enchanted Forest Tarot) where the release date has been delayed by the publisher for several months...yet they are only available as pre-orders and the release date has not been changed to reflect the delay.

For example....the Enchanted Forest Tarot was due for release in March...if you go right now to amazon and look it up, it will tell you the release date is March 2004....but if you try to order it, you will find that it has not yet been released!!! Even MORE frustrating, if you go to the US Games website and search for it, there is nothing there....does it even exist????

Personally, I would like to see pictures of some of the cards before I purchase a deck....I have yet to find pictures anywhere for either the Enchanted Forest or Virtue's Archangel Cards....

:) Luna

dolphinprincess

Janet, is there any way for you to post a few scans of the cards? Like Luna, I'd love to see some of the images before ordering?

.... thanks.

JanetBoyer

Hi guys! Unfortunately Hay House never provides images of their decks. (I've tried to get them!) The reason I don't usually post scans in my reviews is that I'm technically disadvantaged. :D Before, I loaded up images to I Village, which allowed you to link to images from our Member pages. One day, I went in there to upload images, and my site was just gone...no notifications, no explanations, nothing. So, I tried to go through Geocities to link to their images, but it won't work.

Now, BellaOnline has a server and I have my own account, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use an ftp and such. I'll have to give that another try. I've had The Nahualli Oracle since it's come out and others, but haven't reviewed them yet precisely because I can't get my technological act together!

My publicist contact from Hay House told me that Doreen's really excited about this deck and would like to give exposure to her. Well, I review on my terms, which may or may not result in a glowing review! (Right Lee? LOL :D) I'll send an email to her right after I post this and see if she can tell me the definitive release date. Has someone actually tried to order the Archangel Deck, though? (I've reviewed The Golden Tarot, too, but I don't know if that is available from Amazon yet, either, despite it's release date.)

Gender wise, Lee, the same angel is portrayed different in different cards, although it bears the angel's name. This deck is definitely not female only. I counted 12 cards that look definitively male, 5 of them could co either way (although their bicep definition leads me to believe they are male) and quite a few faces are androgynous (think of the Elves in the LOTR movies or some young Greek sculpture models of the male persuasion), and about 17 or so are definitely female. It's a very balanced deck gender-wise.

I hope that helps!

miss_apples

I agree with Dan...if they are short, simple, and sweet like the healing cards I will get them.

I defenatly cant wait to actually see the cards!

lunakasha

Thanks Janet!

I just checked amazon and YES, the cards are available! :D They also happen to be 30% off, so you can get them for only $11.17!

Of course, I would still like to see some of the cards but...based upon Janet's review and my experience with Doreen's other decks, I will probably end up getting them anyway.....they sound lovely!

:) Luna