By The Light of the Moon

gloria

Gardening and Planting by the Moon by Nick Kollerstrom

I haven’t read this book…..yet!
It’s springtime here in UK and most people’s thoughts are on what plants they are buying for tubs, hanging baskets, borders etc..
And of course there are your serious all-year-round gardeners with vegetables and the like on their mind.
I’d like to know if anyone here has read N.K's book…if so, have they put any of the ‘techniques’ into practise and if they have, what has been the outcome?
Or…..does time spent on Aeclectic prevent you from experiencing the wonders of the soil???
Gloria.

gloria

gloria said:
Gardening and Planting by the Moon by Nick Kollerstrom

I’d like to know if anyone here has read N.K's book…if so, have they put any of the ‘techniques’ into practise and if they have, what has been the outcome?
I'll take that as a NO then. :)

gloria

Moongold said:
Gloria ~

There are some more gardening and astrology articles at www.panplanet.com :)

Hi Moongold...thanks very much for taking the time to reply and thank you also for the great link. G. :)

Moongold

:D :D :D

Well, I have not.

But I am glad you appreciated the extra links, especially from a non-gardener :)

gloria

Moongold said:
But I am glad you appreciated the extra links, especially from a non-gardener :)

I appreciated it even more so from a non-gardener Moongold.
I'm more of the five minute fairweather type gardener myself. But....hopefully, after reading up on N.K's book (waiting it's arrival) this could all change. :laugh: We'll see.....Gloria.

gloria

My joy on receiving Nick Kollerstrom’s book Gardening and Planting by the Moon 2004 was soon short-lived.
To my mind it proved to be nothing more than a glorified gardener’s diary.
Mind you, credit where it’s due….I do now know, should I wish to castrate a hog, ram or goat, (or any other member of the male fraternity come to that) I need to wait for the waning phase of the Moon. (What if…....I just can’t wait that long???)
What I found odd was that N.K’s times and days of the Moon in signs does not correlate with The American Ephemeris. Surely this would put all the sowing/planting days out of kilter.
But then I am a mere novice when it comes to astrology, so maybe there is a reason for this discrepancy.
I think the gardening will have to go ‘on hold’ for the time being…I seemed to have ‘gone off’ it. :(