Crystal and Tarot/Oracle Pairings~

Rinoa

Hello everyone! Hoping to start a bit of conversation around this topic. These questions are for those of you who pair your tarot/oracle decks with crystals.

What was the process like when making your choice? Was it done intuitively or was it born out of research? (known properties that align with your focus, that sort of thing) Did you wait to have the deck/crystal in hand before making the decision or was combo already in your mind prior to that? Have you ever paired a crystal with a deck only to find the energy was not quite right? Have you ever reworked a pairing to attune different energies? Lastly, share some of your pairings! Which crystals and decks have formed a deep and powerful bond?

Many thanks to all who read or answer!
Blessings~

yannie

I do have stones lying around when I do my readings, although they pair with me, not the deck - they serve to heighten my intuition in reading the art associated with whatever deck, not affect the pieces of paper, lol. I'd go for higher chakra stones, such as amethyst, moonstone or aqua aura. All my crystals form good bonds with all my decks, because they form good bonds with me :)

Rinoa

I do have stones lying around when I do my readings, although they pair with me, not the deck - they serve to heighten my intuition in reading the art associated with whatever deck, not affect the pieces of paper, lol. I'd go for higher chakra stones, such as amethyst, moonstone or aqua aura. All my crystals form good bonds with all my decks, because they form good bonds with me :)

Ohh yes I understand exactly what you mean! Crystals are always present during my readings as well. Sometimes I pick stones based on what energies would help me and/or the other person. Sometimes I intuitively select crystals (or rather I feel like they're jumping out at me, so maybe it's the other way around.) Amethyst and Moonstone are among my favorites to work with as well! Such amazing energy. There is one piece of moonstone that I've had for the longest time and I'm always reaching for it. Definitely a lifelong companion! Many crystals go in and out of rotation though. My working decks are paired with specific crystals that have made their home resting on top of said decks. I was just curious if any others have had similar experiences.

Hemera

I love to pair crystals and decks. I use both intuition and/or research. Sometimes some decks and crystals just naturally match. Like Vampyres Tarot and blood red stones, for example :p
I have quite recently found a new match; Peridot from volcanoes and my Hawaiian Tarot seem to like each other's company.

This is an interesting subject and there have been several threads about this previously.
Here are a few I could find:
Complimenting Crystals & Tarot
Crystals To Store With And Help A Tarot Deck
Crystals As Part of Tarot Spreads

Off the top of my head, here are some of the pairs I´ve been using and why:

The Vampyres Tarot - Ruby (color, intuition)
Crystal Visions - clear Quartz crystal (It came with the deck and is a perfect match, pictured in the cards almost)
Hazelmoon's Hawaiian Tarot - Peridot (for Goddess Pele and her volcanoes)
Halloween Tarot - Obsidian (for those dark Halloween nights)
Morgan-Greer - Labradorite (color, blue that almost matches the card backs, plus it´s a shamanic crystal)
Mermaid Tarot -Aquamarine (Mermaids and Aquamarines are inseparable!)

Redfaery

I keep a dark amber colored citrine in the pouch with my favorite deck. The choice to keep a crystal with it was mainly driven by my love of crystals, but the choice of citrine was practical, since it's a cleansing, uplifting stone (or so I've found.)

While I've heard that citrine is self-cleansing, I've actually found that mine benefits from the occasional quick rinse and recharge.