Stones for meditation?

Niomi

I have attention deficit disorder which makes me very distracted. I think it would be good for me to do some meditating, but my brain is constantly full of racing thoughts and it's very hard to shut down my head. It's been recommended I try a stone to clear my thoughts and relax. I'm skeptical, I'm not sure how a rock is going to help me clear my head, but they're very pretty so I'm going to try one anyway (hehe).

I was on a website, and it seems from what I read some of these stones would be good ones to get for this problem:

Sodalite
Amethyst
Green Tourmaline
Rhodochrosite
Aquamarine
Kyanite
Argonite

Before I go ahead and buy one, I thought I'd ask you folks at Aclectic for advice. Which stones and other techniques help you meditate?

hedgecub

I know hematite is a good grounding stone.. it might help you stay focused and calm.

Sulis

i meditate with a rainbow obsidian sphere - I find it very grounding. I also use the same sphere for healing - it's excellent at absorbing negative energies.

Love

Sulis xx

eastarot

I think amethyst is very calming and it helps me focus. I hold an amethyst bead necklace in my palms during a chakra cleansing session.

Island Dreamer

Grounding crystals

Stones associated with the root chakra would also be useful in grounding - my favourites are smoky quartz, garnet and, if you can get hold of it, jet.

Island Dreamer

deedlit420

GREEN!!

At the metaphysical store where I shop, the owner says malachite is a good choice. It basically looks like green, with layers. Also v. pretty to look at, and green is a color that's supposed to bring calm.

Kirranan

Well smokey quartz is a good one to use and I personally also like to use amethyst.

Med. technique.

1) focus on a candle (not a tealight) at the point just above the purple part of the flame. You will begin to see an angel shape in the flame. Then will the flame to grow larger or get smaller

cjtarot

I know, but

Hi,

I know certain stones have certain energies, but the way in which you meditate

1) focus on a candle (not a tealight) at the point just above the purple part of the flame. You will begin to see an angel shape in the flame. Then will the flame to grow larger or get smaller?

may be more important. try finding a stone that fits comfortably in your hands that you are drawn to -Like the others the purple of amathyst draws me-and try a few different types of meditaiton and a few different positions to sit or lie down.

Blessings and good luck

CJ

Chronata

Smokey Quartz...whether in natural crystal form, or as a tumbled stone...works amazingly well for me! Great for focus...great for calming too.

And my mind is constantly working overtime!

I use it in conjunction with meditation techniques...sometimes with the candle flame through it...and sometimes just focusing on the natural inclusions in the stone itself.

Ruby Red Slippers

Niomi:

Since you have attention deficit, you might try a Flourite. Flourite is a wonderful crystal which helps the head and heart to come together.

Since in your heart you want something your mind is having difficulty with, a Flourite might just do the trick for you.

I suggest a small to medium tumbled stone that feels good to you. Carry it with you in a pocket where you can hold it/feel it frequently. Carrying it with you constantly for about 10 days will allow for an energy exchange between the 2 of you.

After that period of time, you just might find it easier to accomplish want you want.

Brightest blessings to you and your new friend :)

Ruby Red Slippers