Stones/Crystals to help a baby sleep?

amyel

Hi all -
I promised my friend, a single mother, that I'd ask this group if anyone knew of stones/crystals that would help her newborn infant sleep.

Her pregnancy was fine - no problems - but she was going through a major life upheaval during her pregnancy which she thinks may now be making her infant unsettled. Essentially, he will only sleep in her arms or if she lays down with him. As a single mom, she is exhausted and he is only three weeks old now.

As friends, we pitch in when we can, but we all work full time, and can't sleep over, so she is left to work it out herself.

Anyway, I thought I'd check....I was thinking of making a mobile - clearly, anything baby could swallow or that would hurt him is out, so no loose stones under his pillow suggestions, please.

lunalafey

I don't know of any stones or crytals-
but from what you say about holding or being with him while he sleeps, the solution is closer to mom than a rock~ lol
She needs to take the shirt she wore all day yesterday and ozy it up with the babe- he smells mom, and that keeps him feeling safe.....then on the next day, change the shirt, using the one from the day before. hanging the shirt keeps the scent fresh and strong.
He might be one of those colic babies too.
If she breast feeds, drinking chamomile tea about 30 minutes before feeding and naptime will help.
My grandmothers advise on getting sleep- sleep when the baby sleeps, it's the only way to keep alive.

September Pixie

this isn't a stone but my friend insists its helped her daughter.. lavender scented air freshener.. We all know that lavender has relaxing properties.. so when she can, just spray the air freshener before bedtime, and think about picking up those baby safe lavender bath washes.

I would also suggest the mother sleep with something the baby will wear to bed the night before.. it will smell like her on the baby's clothes.. and it will be a familiar, comforting scent.

Ruby Red Slippers

Amethyst is the best sleeping aid. Putting it near the bed or in the room. A cluster is great, but any amethyst will do!
RRS

hedgecub

I checked several websites and the only stone they agree on for sleep and calming is amethyst, so it's prolly a safe bet :)

Additionally, moonstone is said to be calming as well, so it wouldn't hurt to try that also.

Aura Wolf

I also use amethyst for sleep. Just make sure the stone isn't too large--someone on the forums posted a thread about a problem with this, because the stone was too large and therefore sleeping with it too close, the energy was too strong. Just a tip :) I use my amethyst pendulum (so you can probably guess the size) under my pillow and it works just fine.

skytwig

Celestite if you can get it....

But the all time best is a plant, not a stone..... as September Pixie pointed out.... Lavendar!!! Amazingly calming.......

And I loved Lunalafey's suggestion! :)

amyel

Well thanks everyone! I'm going to suggest all three to her!

Since lavendar will be in bloom in my yard in a month or two, I can supply her with the fresh stuff as long as the supply lasts! And I would not have thought of an amythest pendulum....much easier to suspend in the room close to the bassinette and safer too.