Can anyone tell what kind of rock this is?

Redfaery

Looks like a slice of white agate to me, or chalcedony. Definitely a microcrystalline quartz.

Margo9023

Thank you!

Looks like a slice of white agate to me, or chalcedony. Definitely a microcrystalline quartz.

Ty! I'm going to look up what u feel it may be. This way I can get an idea of what they look like.

Luv & Peace,
Margo

Padma

it's definitely a slice of agate. The red end side has been dyed red. Still a nice stone, very grounding :)

Padma

here is a pic of my undyed agate slice.

Attachments

• Agate slice.jpg
    Agate slice.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 129

Margo9023

Thank you!

it's definitely a slice of agate. The red end side has been dyed red. Still a nice stone, very grounding :)

Ty! I didn't know they dyed them. Darn! I'm a little disappointed. But I like that you told me it's a good stone to ground with! I should've asked what the qualitit's were too!
Luv & Peace
Margo

Margo9023

Gorgeous!

here is a pic of my undyed agate slice.

Gorgeous! I thought they came in different colors? Are they all dyed when I see different colors?
Ty!

Padma

Gorgeous! I thought they came in different colors? Are they all dyed when I see different colors?
Ty!

Yes. Only the white with a dark brown rind aren't dyed (but might be bleached.) Any other colour, it is dye.

Margo9023

Thank you!

Yes. Only the white with a dark brown rind aren't dyed (but might be bleached.) Any other colour, it is dye.

Thank you again for helping me with this information and learning!