Signs and the Body

Phoenyx*

Hi guys, gosh I haven't even peeked in here in the longest time. I'm looking for some correspondences that I haven't been able to find in any of my Occult books.
I need to know the correspondences between the Zodiac sign, the planet, and which part of the body each rule over.

I.E. (This is just a guess) Aries rules over Mars and the head.

If someone could point me in the right direction with an URL that would help, or just list it here.

Phoenyx*

Phoenyx*

Thank you so much Isthmus. This has helped significantly.

Minderwiz

Whilst there are some discrepencies, the order given by the Seventeenth Century physicians Richard Saunders and Nicholas Culpeper tend to be a good guide

The following table is based on Nicholas Culpeper's assignations

Aries Head, face, brain, hair, beard, eyes, nose, tongue and whatsoever in man is above the first vertebrae

Taurus Neck, throat, vertebrae of the neck, the chanel bone, the shoulder blade (which others such as Richard Saunders attribute to Gemini) The voice (attributed by others to Mercury)

Gemini Shoulders, arms, hands, fingers,

Cancer Breast, ribs, lungs, liver, spleen (traditional allocation),

Leo Heart and back, pericardium, 12 vertebrae of the middle spine,

Virgo Belly, stomach, bowels, navel and spleen (Culpeper decided that reason required this allocation against tradition)

Libra Kidneys, loins, navel, small of the back, groin and bladder (Saunders) Culpeper placed the bladder in Scorpio and the navel under Virgo on the basis of reason as he saw it and included a warning against tradition.

Scorpio The sex organs (modestly called secrets by Culpeper) the bladder. Culpeper took some delight in pointing out the attribution of the sex organs to Scorpio a sign which was often maligned as treacherous and yet the organs if which gave them ‘their greatest pleasure’.

Sagittarius Thighs, the os sacrum (a large heavy bone between the lumbar vertebrae and the coccyx), The coccyx itself, the thigh bones.

Capricorn The knees, hams, (and for Saunders upper part of the legs)

Aquarius Legs, (from outer skin to marrow in the bones) – Saunders specifically restricts this to the knees downwards.

Pisces The feet and ankles and toes (tarsus and metatarsus) plus the flesh and skin around the bones. Saunders specifically includes the instep though this is implied in Culpeper’s assignations.

Sorry some of the language is rather old but it is one of the fullest summaries (if that's not a contradiction in terms)

As a summary though, it is not complete and there are also modern additions for glands and systems that were not known in the Seventeenth Century. The writings of people like Marcia Starck are also useful in tracing the link between body parts and Astrological rulership.

Edited to add that the planet and sign rulerships do not exactly correspond -

The following is a summary of Planetary rulerships

Saturn Spleen, right ear, the skeleton, the teeth, the retentive faculties, Spleen, right ear, bladder, paunch, bones, middle finger of the hand and teeth

Jupiter Lungs, ribs, sides, liver, veins, blood, digestive faculty, Liver, lungs, ribs, sides, veins, arteries, navel, muscles, pulse and fore-finger of the hand

Mars Gall bladder, left ear, and that which gives a person quick reactions and ability in battle Left ear, gall bladder, kidneys, veins, testicles, plane of Mars in the hand

Venus Sex organs, Kidneys, throat, women’s breasts, Womb, belly, kidneys, sperm, loins, fatness, buttocks, throat, flesh, liver, stomach,, smell and taste, mount of the thumb

Mercury Brain, and nerves, (that part that makes a person rational and gives imagination) tongue, hands and feet Memory, phantasm, spirits, imagination, brain, voice, speech, tongue, larynx, sinews, gall bladder, hands and feet and little finger.

Sun Heart and arteries, right eye of a man, left eye of a woman Right eye of a man and left of a woman, heart, brain, sight, right side, sinews, head, nerves, ring finger of the hand.

Moon Bulk of the brain, the stomach, the bowels, left eye of a man and right eye of a woman, Left eye of man and right of a woman, stomach, belly, bowels, bladder, taste, appetite, liver of a woman, brain, intestines, entrails

I've combined assignations by both Saunders and Culpeper, which explains any seeming contradictions.