t-squares

oceanpoetry

I am looking for more info about how to interpret t-squares....I have only heard that they are bad, bad transits. I have an upcoming t-square on June 8 with Venus occultation. T-square formed by Venus in Gemini, 10th house squaring natal Pluto in Virgo 1st house with transiting Pluto in Sag 4th house opposes transiting Venus and squaring natal Pluto. Obviously this is going to have a lot of energy - looking for how to best interpret and approach this aspect. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

my birth data: June 21, 1969, 11:17am PDT, Las Vegas, NV

dadsnook2000

A quick reply

First, T-squares are not "bad" as such. They should generally be considered first as "drivers" for action. In your case, natal Pluto seems to be the planet aspected by transits -- I haven't yet looked at your chart.

The impact of any transiting T-square will largly depend upon how Pluto is aspected in your chart and how you have excluded it or included it in your expression of your chart. As a basic rule, Pluto is not likely to "act" outside of its potential in your natal chart. There are exceptions to any rule but don't panic at this point. I'm sure that several on the list will look at your chart and start to come forward with more information. Dave.

oceanpoetry

thanks...

"drivers for actions" I suppose its really just energy - lots of energy! energy for action and change - and that can be a good thing! Later today I will do some journal-writing for myself over these aspects - I am sure there will be some new insights to be gained!

Yes, natal Pluto is being squared by transiting Pluto (for the last few weeks has been exact square sitting 90º) - so any planets that cross the midheaven and oppose Pluto-Sag will be making T-square in my chart.

Minderwiz

Dave is right - don't consider aspect patterns as 'good' or 'bad' - sometimes what are described as 'easy' aspects such as trines offer the promise but not the drive to accomplish it. It's rather like sitting on your favourite beach - there's no hassle and it's nice for a few days but if you tried to spend your life there nothing would be done or accomplished.

Those t squares are what drives you to do things - they make life interesting and present a challenge - but like all challenges they require effort.

You were born just after Pluto stationed Direct, so it was even slower in motion that normal. Arguably this could give you concentrated Pluto energy - but it also means that it was getting on for two months before Pluto had moved a degree from your natal position. This means that there are an awful lot of other folks ut there born between June and early September who have the same transit as you at the moment - it's not personal :)

ncefafn

oceanpoetry said:
I have an upcoming t-square on June 8 with Venus occultation.

Is this referring to the transit of Venus across the Sun? I read about this in the most recent issue of Discover magazine. Apparently, the last time Venus crossed directly across the face of the Sun was about 180 years ago. I've been meaning to ask the astro-honchos here what they thought the astrological significance of this would be.

Kim

dadsnook2000

180 years ???

That does seem like a long time ago, doesn't it. On a personal level it also qualifies as a "non-cyclic, non-recurring event." There is no one to ask about how this special tansit affected them that one time relative to all of the other times.

Given that astrology, as it is generally practiced today, is longitude-biased (measured along the 360 degrees of the zodiac) and not latitude-biased (declination and such) one venus-to-sun transit is seen pretty much like another.

Now, if you want to explore political or mundane astrology, go back to 1824 and find the date that venus last transited the sun by degree and declination and see if those events could be attributed to this infrequent phenomena. Dave.

oceanpoetry

venus occultation

From what I understand, it is a rare event, Venus will be eclipsing the sun, by transiting between the sun and the Earthl. It will occur again in 2012 - and is supposed to be very significant. It will be interesting to see how it manifests in the world - hopefully it will infuse the planet with Venus energy, love and harmony - we certainly need it!

I recommend this article by Eric Francis, if you want to read some speculation about this event:
http://www.planetwaves.net/aquasphere/norlnpgg/open/HotSpots.html (which also has some general info abou 2004 astrological influences.