Question about end of point on quartz chipping off

Ayram

Hello -

I'm newer to crystals. I have a natural quartz crystal point - I think it's a pale smokey quartz. It's about 4-5" long. In the store I noticed it had some flaws which didn't bother me much because it was natural. When I got home and a couple of friends were surprised that I thought it was smokey because it leans more toward clear. I remembered being bothered a little in the store that it didn't have a darker hue to it.

Sooo... I tried to take it back, knowing there was a chance the owner would say no to returned crystals (makes sense). As I was getting out of the car I realized I'd left it in my lap while driving and I heard it thud onto my car's floor (at least it has a rug there). I picked it up - grateful it hadn't fallen out of the car (!) - and noticed the very tip of the point is a bit jagged - no longer a 'real' point. I walked toward the store and loved the feeling of it in my hand just as I had when I first picked it up in the store and wondered if it wasn't a mistake to take it back, even with the chip. I took it in to ask about it and she said that's the only smokey quartz she had left (and no, no returns). ;) So that was that and I was happy enough to bring it back home.

But THEN I googled "quartz crystal point chipped." From that, I read essentially "no big deal" from one person and then another person very strongly said to never ever again use it for healing purposes if it's been chipped, broken or shattered. Lots of implications there's now negative energy or the crystal's sort of disowned you, etc!

So I'm wondering how many people believe it's no big deal and how many believe I shouldn't use it?! It sorta feels like it chipped because I was rejecting it! Sometimes I get so embarrassed that I even consider that kind of thinking and yet there I went, imagining a little personality with feelings hurt or something!

Thanks!

Laura Borealis

It chipped because you dropped it, no big deal :)

Smoky quartz can be light in color. (And the really dark ones are sometimes irradiated to achieve that color.) I like the light ones, myself.

I don't believe that chips or other flaws have an effect on the healing qualities of the crystal. People who insist on that may be trying to sell perfect points for jacked-up prices. I'm naturally suspicious of such claims!

You love that quartz, so just enjoy it and ignore the haters! ;)

ncharge

It is no big deal. The important thing is that the crystal feels good to you - and this one does. It wants to work with you.

Edited to add: How do you get the smiley face at the end of the line? Mine always defaults to the title line.

Laura Borealis

It is no big deal. The important thing is that the crystal feels good to you - and this one does. It wants to work with you.

Edited to add: How do you get the smiley face at the end of the line? Mine always defaults to the title line.

I just type it. So :) I can put 'em :) where I want... :)

Ayram

It chipped because you dropped it, no big deal :)

Smoky quartz can be light in color. (And the really dark ones are sometimes irradiated to achieve that color.) I like the light ones, myself.

I don't believe that chips or other flaws have an effect on the healing qualities of the crystal. People who insist on that may be trying to sell perfect points for jacked-up prices. I'm naturally suspicious of such claims!

You love that quartz, so just enjoy it and ignore the haters! ;)

Thanks Laura B! That quartz has really continued to grow on me!

Ayram

Thanks Ncharge - it does feel weirdly right. And I think there's some symbolism there as well. As for the faces, I don't know! I wonder if it has to do with the brand/type of computer we're using?