Jupiter and the Iraq Wars

Caelum

For those interested in planetary cycles, here's an interesting tidbit.

The commencement date of the first Iraq war under George H. W. Bush occured with Jupiter conjunct Giansar (Lambda Draco). The commencement date of the present Iraq war occured once again with Jupiter conjunct Giansar, although this time with a 2 degree difference. In Hebrew, the name Giansar means "the punished enemy".

Caelum

gloria

Hi Caelum...how interesting. Do you have the actual dates of the two wars? I'd like to have a look at the charts.
I just found this about Draco....I take it it's a constellation....I hadn't heard of it before.

DRACO
The Dragon. Circles round pole.
63N-81N.
Legend: Draco represents the dragon that guarded the golden apples in the garden of the Hesperides. According to other accounts, however, it is either the dragon thrown by the giants at Minerva in their war with the Gods, or the serpent Python slain by Apollo after the deluge.
Influence: According to Ptolemy the bright stars are like Saturn and Mars. Draco gives an artistic and emotional but sombre nature, a penetrating and analytical mind, much travel and many friends but danger of robbery and of accidental poisoning. It was said by the Ancients that when a comet was here poison was scattered over the world.
By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Mem and the 13th Tarot Trump "Death." (Robson).

Caelum

gloria said:
Hi Caelum...how interesting. Do you have the actual dates of the two wars? I'd like to have a look at the charts.
I just found this about Draco....I take it it's a constellation....I hadn't heard of it before.

DRACO
The Dragon. Circles round pole.
63N-81N.
Legend: Draco represents the dragon that guarded the golden apples in the garden of the Hesperides. According to other accounts, however, it is either the dragon thrown by the giants at Minerva in their war with the Gods, or the serpent Python slain by Apollo after the deluge.
Influence: According to Ptolemy the bright stars are like Saturn and Mars. Draco gives an artistic and emotional but sombre nature, a penetrating and analytical mind, much travel and many friends but danger of robbery and of accidental poisoning. It was said by the Ancients that when a comet was here poison was scattered over the world.
By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Mem and the 13th Tarot Trump "Death." (Robson).

Hi Gloria:

If you haven't worked with the Fixed Stars before, you're in for a real treat. Basically, you only look for tight conjunctions, oppositions or parallels.

Here are the dates and times that I used in my original post:

Iraq War I
16 January 1991 1900 EST Washington, DC

Iraq War II
20 March 2003 0534 (local Baghdad time) Baghdad, IRAQ

The most complete information on Fixed Stars that I have found online can be found here:

http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/

Best,
Caelum

paradoxx

Escalation in general conflict also occurs with Jupiter Direct, this time in Virgo.

Aura Wolf

Wow. That is interesting.

gloria

Thanks for chart details Caelum.....I have worked with Fixed Stars and find them fascinating.
The link you gave is my favourite and already have it bookmarked...a great site.
Thanks for an interesting post and a warm welcome to the forum. :)

Caelum

gloria said:
Thanks for chart details Caelum.....I have worked with Fixed Stars and find them fascinating.
The link you gave is my favourite and already have it bookmarked...a great site.
Thanks for an interesting post and a warm welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you very much.

Caelum

gloria

Hi Caelum...thought you might be interested in this site - www.leroseblanche.org/Pages/war_on__terror.htm
It show two charts for the 2003 war in Iraq....plus interpretation by a guy called William Stickevers.
There's also a link to 9/11 chart and interps.
Gloria.

Minderwiz

Gloria,

Thanks for the very interesting link - I was also fascinated to see that they draw on Lilly, who cast a number of charts relating to events in the English Civil War - and as such had some real experience of Military Astrology.

One of the problems with such event charts is knowing when the event took place - or with a complex event such as the war against Saddam, which single event in a complex can stand as the 'birth' of the event.

The two charts nicely illustrate this - probably the best apporach is to examine and use both charts - just as we did for the 'birth of Aeclectic' some time ago.

gloria

I’m glad the link was of interest to you Minderwiz.
Incidentally, do you go along with William Stickever’s analysis?
I’d like to hear your ideas and views if they differ or if you think there are any avenues he’s missed.
G.