Can Saturn ever bring anything good ?

Sharla

I really don't like Saturn, he's a greater malefic, dry, cold, rigid, stern, debilitating, causes obstacles and delays, takes away things, makes things harder for you.....like the really stern father who doesn't let you do anything you see as fun.

What's Saturns good points, if he even has any ?

Or do you only get something good from working with Saturn and listening to him (as hard as this is).....for instance Saturns your father, and if you obey by his rules, and dump the guy he's saying is no good for you then you get a better guy sent in return maybe ?

Or if you remain patient with Saturn in the situation your in, you will reap the rewards afterwards ......so for instance your father (Saturn) tells you to take it easy with this new guy your dating and not to rush into things, I.e moving in together, seeing too much of each other when should be studying, no sex before marriage etc.....and then because you abide by your fathers (Saturn) rules, you reap the rewards of having a good relationship with this guy and you've earnt respect from your father (Saturn).

Or is Saturn always here to just destroy things ?

empress's dress

saturn is wonderful

loyalty
perseverance
humility
groundedness
sultriness
kindness
justice
tireless focus
a mad quest for perfection in an imperfect world
a mind not easily swayed without lots of proof
an amazing sense of humor
an amazing ability to withstand hardship
an amazing appetite for knowledge
like the goat of capricorn
saturn gets to the top of the mountain in what appears a really hard way.
goats are always smiling.
goats are mythologically related to satyrs
saturn is father time but saturn gives the time we need.
saturn makes sure plans are fulfilled
people keep promises
bills are paid
etc
where would inspiration be without the discipline of saturn

just some of the wonderful things i could think of off the top of my head!

also what relationship can sustain itself through hard times without saturn
it's definitely a soulmate planet when conjunct or square to an inner planet. venus being the hardest one to deal with, but it still works.

Sharla

@empressarwen.

Yes I suppose in a way he is the father who is stern but is restricting you for your own good...so I suppose this would be the kindness you mention.

But in charts and cards Saturn is always there (9/10) to ruin things for me, so I've taken a real dislike to him.....and wish he would be more easier on me.

Not sure about the smiling....doubt he ever smiles, or even the sense of humor...this must be a twisted sort of sense of humor he has.

Yes I have s recent chart where Venus is conjunct Saturn ....once again making things hard.

empress's dress

@empressarwen.

Yes I suppose in a way he is the father who is stern but is restricting you for your own good...so I suppose this would be the kindness you mention.

But in charts and cards Saturn is always there (9/10) to ruin things for me, so I've taken a real dislike to him.....and wish he would be more easier on me.

Not sure about the smiling....doubt he ever smiles.

i have so many squares and conjuncts to saturn you wouldn't believe. i have a lively sense of humor. i never give up. and i help all i can. i am not perfect. but saturn is your friend. i wouldn't trade it.

the restrictive father also might have a problem with uranus somehwere or a pluto square mars. or a malfunctioning shadowy sun opposite neptune.

when saturn is bad it's as terrible as is any planet. we can go off on a tirade about all the planets, pars fortunae and asteroids. but they have great points too.

i am sorry saturn hasn't worked for you. perhaps you can journal about it and see why. it is not only your ego and perhaps super ego. it is workhorse, the donkey, the ox, the one who doesn't miss a detail to make sure the you stay in the black and that food is on the table and keeps your feet on the ground so that you remeber there is a real world out there you have to deal with everyday whether you like it or not. (not like a restrictive father. more like a stop sign: danger - cliff below!)