The rune oracle by Lo scarabo

crystal dawn

Hi everyone
I have just brought the rune oracle. Its a set of 32 cards by Lo scarabo They include the 24 elder futhark runes and some runes i have not seen before, they are not the northumbrian or anglo saxon runes which i have seen in sets of 33 and 32. I just wondered if anyone had this deck, the 24 elder futhark runes have some wonderful pictures on the cards.
I just thought this was an interesting little oracle and i only paid £4.99 for it.

blessings

crystal dawn

Darla

Do you think it is a good deck to get to know the runes and how they are working? Lately I've been starting to get interested in runes and since I'm so familiar with Tarot , maybe an oracle deck would be good?

crystal dawn

Hi
unfortunateley the instructions about the cards are limited to a sentence per rune, on the bright side the cards that cover the elder futhark (the viking runes) have wonderfully illustrated pictures so you may grasp the generally meaning of each rune by looking at the cards. The additional runes in this deck, i have not seen before and only the rune itself is displayed on the card.
so it all depends if you learn more by words or more by pictures.
hope this has helped

blessings

crystal dawn x

Darla

It did help, thank you. I think I might give them a shot when I have some extra money left. I'm curious about the extra runes that are not included in the elder futhark. As far as I know, there are three futharks (with the 24 runes being the most popular). Could the additional runes maybe come from one of the others?

crystal dawn

I know of several futharks and futhorks but still cannot place the extra runes, i have only seen simmular ones in coelbren and celtic and ogham variant scripts. Still its good to see new runes and they seem to fit in and work well in the readings i have done with the cards so far.

blessings

crystal dawn x

Darla

Well, everything was new once and as long as it works, why not? :) It can only get more interesting.

Centaur

I saw this deck in Borders not so long ago, and was very tempted to purchase it. I am fairly new to the world of runes, and there was 'something' about this deck that caught my eye.

Would you recommend it then Crystal Dawn? I think for that price, it is a bargain! :)

crystal dawn

Centaur said:
I saw this deck in Borders not so long ago, and was very tempted to purchase it. I am fairly new to the world of runes, and there was 'something' about this deck that caught my eye.

Would you recommend it then Crystal Dawn? I think for that price, it is a bargain! :)

Hi Centaur
Yes i think i would reccomend the deck, some of the pictures on the elder futhark cards are wonderfully imaginative, but as i said earlier the instruction booklet that comes with the cards is quite limited in describing what each rune means , but the cards with pictures on are pretty much self explanetary anyway. I feel that it is a wonderful little deck especially for the price.

blessings

crystal dawn