Gypsy witch .. and how to use them

Awkward.turtle91

I'll keep this short and sweet guys I promise.

I purchased the gypsy witch playing cards a few months ago, I haven't used them yet because I simply don't know how. Is there a simple way of using them?

I'm used to lenormands if that helps you and the combination jazz, I can't quite get my head around it.

Cheers 🍻. X

empress's dress

I'll keep this short and sweet guys I promise.

I purchased the gypsy witch playing cards a few months ago, I haven't used them yet because I simply don't know how. Is there a simple way of using them?

I'm used to lenormands if that helps you and the combination jazz, I can't quite get my head around it.

Cheers ��. X

hi at!

i use them just like lenormands. you must have noticed the lwb insert gives you 2 different types of layouts for the cards that are not usual for lenormand.

it pretty much is a lenormand deck. it is nice how the meanings of the cards are written on them and how there is advice offered about combining them. i have found them to be as good as any other deck. i love the extra cards, such as, roses and lion and pig.

it made me realize that playing cards can follow any system. but the point is you need to appreciate the system the deck offers you. not that the system isn't meant to be questioned. gypsy witch and vera sibilla both follow the suit and number of traditional 52 card decks and they both associate totally different meanings to the playing cards as does lenormand etc.

just start using them and you will see how nice they are!

perhaps there are a few subtle differences. but look up the maybe lenormand deck too. very similar to lenormand and gypsy witch. supposedly there was no access to lenormand in the usa for a long time, so this was the go to deck i guess for daily oracle readings. dont know why it has dimmed in popularity.

Awkward.turtle91

hi at!

i use them just like lenormands. you must have noticed the lwb insert gives you 2 different types of layouts for the cards that are not usual for lenormand.

it pretty much is a lenormand deck. it is nice how the meanings of the cards are written on them and how there is advice offered about combining them. i have found them to be as good as any other deck. i love the extra cards, such as, roses and lion and pig.

Hi again empress,
hope you're well.

I don't think mine came with the LWB unfortunately. I can't seem to find it in the box so i don't believe this helps me lol.

I haven't had a chance to look at the extra cards, but this seems to be like an interesting idea.

Someone else has suggested using them in the same way as Normand's to me also this evening.

it made me realize that playing cards can follow any system. but the point is you need to appreciate the system the deck offers you. not that the system isn't meant to be questioned. gypsy witch and vera sibilla both follow the suit and number of traditional 52 card decks and they both associate totally different meanings to the playing cards as does lenormand etc.

just start using them and you will see how nice they are!

perhaps there are a few subtle differences. but look up the maybe lenormand deck too. very similar to lenormand and gypsy witch. supposedly there was no access to lenormand in the usa for a long time, so this was the go to deck i guess for daily oracle readings. dont know why it has dimmed in popularity.

I've seen the maybe lenromand deck floating around and I've been wondering if I should purchase it or not. I was wondering why it was called "the maybe lenormand"
it's interesting how you say they can follow any system but they're meanings are a little bit different to each other. x

empress's dress

Hi again empress,
hope you're well.

I don't think mine came with the LWB unfortunately. I can't seem to find it in the box so i don't believe this helps me lol.

I haven't had a chance to look at the extra cards, but this seems to be like an interesting idea.

Someone else has suggested using them in the same way as Normand's to me also this evening.

I've seen the maybe lenromand deck floating around and I've been wondering if I should purchase it or not. I was wondering why it was called "the maybe lenormand"
it's interesting how you say they can follow any system but they're meanings are a little bit different to each other. x

i will send you some photos of the lwb. it will take me a few days. but i will get to it to you by the end of the week. and yes, it really is pretty much a lenormand deck with a few twists and 16 extra cards. x

Joon

I saw your post during work today and came back to say some of the same things The Empress :) said.

Her suggestion to get the Maybe Lenormand is a good one, and I don't know why I didn't think of it! It's a gorgeous deck with a beautiful and *useful* LWB, and the boxed presentation is lovely.

I've recently started to incorporate the "other 16" (beyond traditional Lennies) of the Maybes in my readings. So my Lenormand lessons and experience (with Andy B) were my starting point, as well as Ryan's LWB.

I also downloaded the instructions for the Nielen fortunetelling cards from Game of Hope: http://gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com/nielen-instructions
and used some Old Whitman meanings I got from Andy's blog at some point. And I looked at the Gypsy Witch meanings.

The first time I met a new card, I'd look at all those sources, and make the most sense I could of the reading. I'm still in process with that! But you might find those other resources helpful as well.

I think your grounding in Lenormand is your best resource here (but I'm biased that way myself).

Another thing I did with the Gypsy Witch recently, was to type up the card meanings printed on the cards to an easier to read (LARGER TYPE! lol) cheat sheet, and I changed the card numbers to the emblems, e.g.: On card 24, the Hand In Hand, one sentence begins, "When near 45, favor will be found and when near 48....." I substituted "The Order" and "The Safe" for 45 and 48 respectively. The emblems are easier for me to pick out quickly than the card numbers.

I see you started a trade thread over in Readings. I will drop by there as well.

EmpyreanKnight

One day I am going to tackle cartomancy, which is rather popular among the old-school readers in my country. Although I have some rather fancy playing cards, the Gypsy Witch intrigues me. It won't seem to be a hassle to use, I mean the meanings are expressly written in the cards themselves. And they're oh so inexpensive. I think I'd be reserving a copy or two in my wishlist.