PDA

View Full Version : 'Elder' vs. 'Citizen' vs. 'Resident' etc.

punchinella
29-05-2004, 07:39
Is it possible for me to go about changing the word underneath my username? I've scoured both the profile & options pages in my control panel, but can't find a way to do this. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the word 'Elder', & would like to go back to being a 'Resident' if possible. (Until I can think of something charming & clever, that is . . . which could take awhile . . . )

Moonbow
29-05-2004, 07:53
Hi Punch

I had to email Solandia to change mine, I don't know if there is any other way.

M*

Laura Borealis
29-05-2004, 09:25
You need to be a subscriber (I can't remember if you are or not) and email Solandia to have it changed. :)

Le_Corsair
29-05-2004, 09:26
I think that the title changes are only offered to subscribers; when you subscribe, you provide Solandia with your chosen title, and she inputs it.

But!

see my signature!

Bob :THERM

Rusty Neon
29-05-2004, 09:26
I remember reading somewhere that the May 2004 forum software update was going to have features to allow users to change user titles on their own. I guess this didn't happen or those features weren't activated by Solandia. Alas, thru laziness, I'm still an Elder.

punchinella
29-05-2004, 09:40
Thanks everyone--I'm already a subscriber, but since I can't change this myself I guess I should try to think of something permanent before bothering Solandia about it.

Everyone else manages to think up such apt little phrases. My mind is completely blank! I have no idea . . . none at all. :(

lark
29-05-2004, 14:16
Well Punchy
I think you are charming and clever!

CreativeFire
29-05-2004, 21:23
Originally posted by punchinella
Thanks everyone--I'm already a subscriber, but since I can't change this myself I guess I should try to think of something permanent before bothering Solandia about it.

Everyone else manages to think up such apt little phrases. My mind is completely blank! I have no idea . . . none at all. :(

Punchinella, you are not the only one - I have been trying to think of a "sub title" ever since I subscribed and can't seem to come up with anything yet either. :) I also don't feel very comfortable with my now 'Elder' status and have therefore been racking my brain to come up with something that fits my eclectic interests etc, no doubt something will pop up as inspiration I hope!

Good luck with selecting yours.

CreativeFire

jema
29-05-2004, 22:29
i think i used to have a title then it lapsed as my subscription lapsed and when some nice soul renewed it for me i just couldn't think of a good title. so i am an elder also, not that i find it uncomfortable in any way, but i wish i had the imagination to think up something a bit more catchy!