fluorite

fairyhedgehog

I have just bought a fluorite thumbstone, which is transparent stripey purple/green up to about 2/3rds of the way up, then mainly clear. I bought it (or rather, my husband bought it for me) because I really liked it but I'm wondering what it's properties are?

kryztyna

Fluorite can be used for detachment of the mind allowing the utilization of the intuitive. I keep this stone near if I have a problem during a reading when deep concentration is needed for an answer because the solution is not that aparent. I find that this stone, with a clear quartz helps me clear my mind of all outside thoughts and interference.

Island Dreamer

Fluorite is one of my favourite stones because it comes in such gorgeous colours :)

The UK actually has fluorspar in Derbyshire - the famous Blue John mine was first discovered by the Romans two thousand years ago. I believe it is virtually mined-out and only small amounts of fluorspar are found now.

I agree with kryztyna about it enhancing clarity of thought and concentration. I have a deep purple and green fluorite obelisk which I keep on my desk. It helps to focus my mind if I'm wrestling with a difficult problem.

I've always thought of purple fluorite as being similar to amethyst as a spiritual crystal, green fluorite for healing and blue fluorite for mental clarity.

The number of times you see fluorite on the web and it's spelt 'flour-ite' ... makes me shudder :rolleyes: But that's probably just me being 'Virgoan' ;)

Dreamer

paradoxx

fluorite, wow, I just bought an irreagluar cubical chunk the other day. It seems to pulse with astral energies, when it rests on my hand chakra, it releases charges i can feel up my arm. It tickles.

fairyhedgehog

Thanks, all of you. I really love this stone and it's nice to know a bit more about it :)

Bluemanticore

I just wanted to add that in addition to fluorite being good for mental challenges some find fluorite good for strengthening other stones as well.

DeLani

I love the color and shape of fluorite - when I have used it, I find it really charges up and opens the 3rd eye. It seems to be good for psychic abilities and astral travel.
My husband has a lt. green crystal that is about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" along it's "equator," a really large specimen. I have 4 crystals, and 3 "pyramids" that are crystals split in half. It is a very powerful stone.

TemperanceAngel

I love flourite, I have a small piece and for ages I thought it was black until someone held it up to the light one day and I saw beautiful stripes of blue and purple.

I also have a small piece which is a transparent green color and is very powerful.

skytwig

TemperanceAngel said:
I love flourite,
So do I! Absolutely adore it! It has a very cuddly energy, very soothing. I use it alot when I meditate....

I have also used it in public places, as it works very well at clearing negative energy from my 'space'..... (I wear it as a pendant)

It comes in various colors and, of course, will work well in associated chakras.....

magpie9

I know a lot of people (including me) who use florite to get rid of those "attachments" that sometimes get stuck on you, from other people. They can be really draining and negitive, and florite gets rid of them easily. I think it may also help prevent them.