How do you work with the Fallen Angel Oracle?

Citrin

I got the Fallen Angel Oracle by Nigel Suckling around autumn. I read through the book and used it for a couple of 1-3 card draws if I remember correctly. I love the artwork, and it gives honest messages, but somehow I find myself confused as to how to approach working with it and now it has collected dust for a while…

Here are some thoughts I’ve had about it which I’d love to discuss with others that also have the deck!

Okay, there are a couple of cards that have the same keyword. Four cards with “upheaval”, two with “honesty”, two with “conflict”, and a couple with “danger” as well… How do you approach these? Do they have different nuances for you and how did you come to that conclusion?

I watched a couple of YT videos on this deck last night, and they gave me some ideas. I think when I’ve used it I’ve mainly went with the keyword, and then with the book meaning. But I think a more intuitive way to get messages from it would be to go by the keyword, and then just draw intuitively from the symbols in the artwork, that is the statue, animal heads, colors and so on…

How do you guys usually read with it?
I’d love to get some more ideas on how to connect better because I have a feeling this deck has important messages for me. Do you do spreads with it? Use the guidebook in conjunction with readings? One card draws? Combine with a different deck?

sweetcherise13

I'm so glad you started this thread Citrin! I've had this deck about a year now but I don't have a guidebook.
I've been drawn to use the deck and have done some draws with it, but I'm lost as to how to receive the messages it is offering. :confused:

Citrin

I'm so glad you started this thread Citrin! I've had this deck about a year now but I don't have a guidebook.
I've been drawn to use the deck and have done some draws with it, but I'm lost as to how to receive the messages it is offering. :confused:

Oh that sucks. :( It's not super expensive, maybe you could get the set or maybe from a trade here? The book is actually quite helpful with the individual meanings, at least for me that knew nothing about fallen angels when I received it! So it felt like a good introduction (it's really nothing huge or so, but gives a couple of sentences on each card and the philosophy behind the deck). The best videos I've seen on YouTube about it come from OwlMoon513 and from Champion of Coins Tarot, maybe they could help you a little too? :)

I'm hoping some more people will jump in this thread and give some thoughts too. :D

ncharge

I do the reading with another deck. Then, I pull down the Fallen Angel cards and I place them on the spread intuitively (upside down, random pull of the card that feels right). I place them on top of other cards, between cards, etc. - however many feel right. When I turn them over, I find that the Fallen Angel cards give guidance on what has to happen to properly deal with the cards below or around them. They serve as advice. They also can reference a person with the knowledge or skillset needed to help the querent. And, if you are a magician, they are the spirits that you can evoke for help in that area.

Citrin

I do the reading with another deck. Then, I pull down the Fallen Angel cards and I place them on the spread intuitively (upside down, random pull of the card that feels right). I place them on top of other cards, between cards, etc. - however many feel right. When I turn them over, I find that the Fallen Angel cards give guidance on what has to happen to properly deal with the cards below or around them. They serve as advice. They also can reference a person with the knowledge or skillset needed to help the querent. And, if you are a magician, they are the spirits that you can evoke for help in that area.

Thanks for the tip, ncharge! :)

Did anyone else notice this apparently went out of print recently?! Any info if it will be printed again?

JadePixie

I have this deck (and love it, because it's gorgeous!) but feel as though the book is somewhat superficial, I think I might get a book on demonolatry to go with it hmm