PDA

View Full Version : Doreen Virtue's Conversion

HighPriestess
15-04-2017, 03:44
I haven't seen this video, but word is Doreen Virtue posted a video talking about her conversion to Christianity, demons, asking people to burn her Ascended Masters deck and book, etc. The video's been deleted so I can't verify any of this.

Personally, I don't care for her in general. I have a couple of her decks but I only use them occasionally. I know that she's really popular though and I'm wondering what fans of hers on here make of this. Based on what I've heard, some people feel hurt and betrayed, I'm curious as to how this will affect future oracle deck releases. I've heard that Ascended Masters are out but she's still going to be talking about angels and fairies. I don't think Hay House would just drop one of their biggest sources of revenue.

EmpressArwen
15-04-2017, 03:47
I would love to know more about this! Very interesting. I am curious as to why she would now have a problem with Ascended Masters but not her brand of Angel/Fairy divination as those would also not be ok with any branch of Christianity that I know of.

Hmmmm....off to google.

HighPriestess
15-04-2017, 04:39
I would love to know more about this! Very interesting. I am curious as to why she would now have a problem with Ascended Masters but not her brand of Angel/Fairy divination as those would also not be ok with any branch of Christianity that I know of.

Hmmmm....off to google.

I found this post (https://newagestudies.org/tag/youtube/) about it with information about what's in and what's out, but if she is actually a born-again Christian I can't see her church approving of her brand.

Redfaery
15-04-2017, 06:02
I found this post (https://newagestudies.org/tag/youtube/) about it with information about what's in and what's out, but if she is actually a born-again Christian I can't see her church approving of her brand.
It says she's Episcopalian/Anglican. That's actually very different from what most think of as "born again". Both denominations are very liberal and accepting, especially the Episcopal Church...which has actually broken with the Anglican Communion because it was even more liberal than the mainstream.

AJ
15-04-2017, 06:30
this seems to be coming from two women with their own brand/lifestyle/religion to flog.

I think Ms. Virtue knows all about how to get her own information out.

There isn't anything on Snopes either :)

EmpressArwen
15-04-2017, 06:33

Thanks for the link. Fascinating. I mean, it kind of sucks that she made a fortune off promoting this stuff and now doesn't believe in it anymore BUT spiritual journeys are complex and personal. I hope she finds her road.

Episcopal churches are very liberal and accepting but even still divination wouldn't be acceptable....at least not in any Episcopal churches I've been in. Maybe they are different in other areas.

gregory
15-04-2017, 07:50
If it's true, I wonder what she'll do about her tarot that's due out in the fall.... I guess contracts have already been etc....

But divination is in the Bible....

DDwarks
15-04-2017, 09:56
Call me cynic but what else in the New Age world was there left for her to make money on?

I suspect the "Jesus stuff" will be followed later on with "Jesus is a Fairies" stuff on account of her spirituality evolving again.

Like I said, call me cynic if you like.

Gwynydd
15-04-2017, 11:28
She should do us all a favour and retire :D Sorry, not a fan.

Beanfeasa
15-04-2017, 17:36
If it's true, I wonder what she'll do about her tarot that's due out in the fall.... I guess contracts have already been etc....

But divination is in the Bible....

I wondered about that too, she may say that it's not divination, it's a source of guidance, but is the bible not supposed to be the one source for guidance, it doesn't make sense, it's seems a little contrived imho, if it was sincere, she would be fading away, or burning the lot.

gregory
15-04-2017, 20:31
Do we actually know if this one is true, though ?

DDwarks
15-04-2017, 20:51
http://angelorum.co/topics/spirituality/doreen-virtues-christian-parasite-cleanse/

According to this, it is! Some newsletter was sent around apparently.

Bscotty38
15-04-2017, 21:19
I too, watched that video in which she told her customers to get rid of The Ascended Masters book and cards. She also spoke very directly to her gay audience. Very fishy that the video has been removed. She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers. Anyway, all of this inspired me to leave some comments and questions on her instagram. I am very interested in what this means for her cards because she has at least 3 decks coming out this year. I find it hard to distinguish between her sincerity/integrity and her marketing techniques. Guess we'll see.

Disa
15-04-2017, 21:35
If you look closely, she has dollar signs in her eyes- similar to what Sylvia Browne had in hers the past few years before she died. She will go where the money takes her. The Angel market is saturated, lets try Tarot, I can't make Tarot work, lets be Christian...I got bad vibes from her from the beginning. Always Trust your vibes.

She should give all the money she made off divination to her Christian Church :)

banbha
15-04-2017, 22:24
If you look closely, she has dollar signs in her eyes- similar to what Sylvia Browne had in hers the past few years before she died. She will go where the money takes her. The Angel market is saturated, lets try Tarot, I can't make Tarot work, lets be Christian...I got bad vibes from her from the beginning. Always Trust your vibes.

I think your vibes are correct. Christian market = Big Bucks

She should give all the money she made off divination to her Christian Church :) Ha! Fat chance.

She has some nerve telling people to throw away a deck they paid $ for, she should be offering refunds to all who send her their copy of Ascended Masters deck. It came from her influence after all. })

Village Witch
15-04-2017, 22:43
She has some nerve telling people to throw away a deck they paid $ for, she should be offering refunds to all who send her their copy of Ascended Masters deck. It came from her influence after all. })

I love it! :-D

I was never a Doreen Virtue fan. It made me laugh when Anne Rice converted too. I am not dissing anyone's beliefs, but she didn't give away all the money she made on her vampire books.

I have a Sylvia Brown deck. Someone gave it to me. Never used it. I am not a fan of angels. I need to find someone to gift it to.

Genna
15-04-2017, 23:59

I was never a Doreen Virtue fan. It made me laugh when Anne Rice converted too. I am not dissing anyone's beliefs, but she didn't give away all the money she made on her vampire books.

Please, peace for Anne Rice. She was always a Catholic, but when her husband died, some priest told her her vampire books, the only catholic vampire books I know of, were sin. She tried to write only "christian books", got fed up, and is now, I believe an atheist. I hope she finds her belief again. The last vampire book "Prince Lestat" is the only atheist vampire book she wrote.

You couldnīt know this, I know because Iīve always read her books, and they were better when she was a catholic.
I agree totally with you on Doreen Virtue. She started with her Mary, Queen of Angels deck, continued with her Jesus deck, but how will she continue make money out of Christendom? As you say, the Angels market is sautered. The Saints deck?

gregory
16-04-2017, 00:07
She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers.
This from the woman who removed all the nasty stuff (Devil etc) from her Tarot decks....

Mythtaken
16-04-2017, 02:41
... Episcopal churches are very liberal and accepting but even still divination wouldn't be acceptable....at least not in any Episcopal churches I've been in. Maybe they are different in other areas.

There's actually quite a wide range of churches that spring from the American Episcopal tradition.

True, the main line, traditional Episcopal church, is quite liberal, open minded and accepting (not anti-LGBTQ, not racist).

On the other hand, a good many splinter groups have sprung up in recent decades specifically because they are NOT open minded and don't, for example, accept the idea that women could be priests within the Episcopal tradition. Some of these groups are really, really conservative, controlling and kind of scary.

I kind of hope that she hasn't joined one of the more closed minded groups.

I'm not really a fan of her work, not sure why, exactly, but it's never spoken to me.

Le Fanu
16-04-2017, 07:15
Please please please let this be true, please order all decks to be withdrawn from the market, disown them - but probably keep the royalties. I so hope this is true. I hope Hay House are frothing. I hope mainstream tarot gets back on track. I'm a bit skeptical of this whole rumour to be honest.

RavenOfSummer
16-04-2017, 09:47
Please please please let this be true, please order all decks to be withdrawn from the market, disown them - but probably keep the royalties. I so hope this is true. I hope Hay House are frothing. I hope mainstream tarot gets back on track. I'm a bit skeptical of this whole rumour to be honest.

Le Fanu, have you seen DV's influence have an impact on the world of tarot as a whole? I'm definitely turned off by her whole vibe and shtick, and am traditional in the sense that I respect the history of tarot and don't like the idea of working with decks that have removed anything that can be interpreted as bad or scary, but I'm still quite new to tarot in general so don't have the perspective of seeing shifts over any period of time.

EmpressArwen
16-04-2017, 09:53

I have a Sylvia Brown deck. Someone gave it to me. Never used it. I am not a fan of angels. I need to find someone to gift it to.

Anne Rice wrote some pretty hardcore erotica too. Sleeping Beauty series made me go "Daaaymn that is messed up." and I'm hard to shake up. haha

I do think DV should offer refunds if she thinks it's so evil now. She HAS to be loaded! I'm sure she could afford the refunds. It will be interesting to see if this is true and more info comes out.

Dogs&Coffee
16-04-2017, 10:37
I thoroughly enjoy the irony of the last name "Virtue."

Genna
16-04-2017, 10:37
Anne Rice wrote some pretty hardcore erotica too. Sleeping Beauty series made me go "Daaaymn that is messed up." and I'm hard to shake up. haha

That was when she was young, and why canīt a christian write erotica? She writes vampire, witch and now werewolf books in a sexy, elegant style with a heart and metaphysical ideas.She was christian, which aided her style, Iīm so angry with that priest who tried to make an ascet out of her, and made her ashamed of her wonderful books.And now seems to have robbed her of a faith altogeather.
Iīm not angry with you or Village Witch, because you couldnīt have known the right story, not being fans of hers.Iīm sorry if it came out wrong.

And this has nothing to do with DV, but I felt I needed to say this anyway.

Le Fanu
16-04-2017, 18:35
It would be no more realistic to expect refunds for this than it would be to expect refunds from Chesca Potter for those who like the Greenwood. She too underwent a conversion and disowned previous spiritual work. Much as I dislike what DV decks have done to the world and how many New Age darlings her decks have emotionally screwed up, people are allowed to change their course, their perspectives. I mean, really, as if anyone thought those decks were sincere from the go-get. It's like now "oh dear - and NOW you tell me those decks weren't sincere!" But get real; refunds aren't going to happen!

gregory
16-04-2017, 18:56
They aren't, no, but this is the first time I have ever seen anyone tell owners to burn something they had paid for.

It reminds me of the bad taste I got years ago when I got a book from the library, liked it a lot and took the trouble to write to the author to tell her how much I liked it and to ask her something about it. She wrote back to say it was rubbish, she was ashamed of it and libraries shouldn't be allowed to lend it. (And she didn't answer my perfectly reasonable question, either.) I never read another of hers, as I thought that was so exceptionally rude. DV may have had that effect oin her own sales...

IF it's true that she's given everything up. I have yet to see anything from HER saying all this. Someone has seen the vid where she berates the one deck/book, but....

Nemia
16-04-2017, 19:38
People may believe in whatever they want, may change their beliefs and even disown certain stages in their own development retrospectively. I accept that (although I wouldn't try to cut off a chunk from my own past, however embarrassing some chapters were!).

But telling people to BURN any printed matter is horrible. If she really did that I think even less of her than I did before (her decks always looked like horrible, cheaply cobbled-together, copy-paste variations of each other).

One doesn't burn books, cards, sheet music or any other printed matter that one doesn't agree with. One can fight them in words and discussions, try to prove they're wrong, show their errors, warn others, argue. But calling for the burning of anything is IMO absolutely beyond the limit.

In central Berlin, on a square surrounded by a library, a university, an opera house and a cathedral (symbols of culture, learning and civilization), there's a memorial for the book burnings that took place there. Now you can tell me that I go too far and it's not the same. No, it isn't. But any person with a historical conscience should know that by calling others to burn books (or cards), you follow in extremely ugly footsteps.

So I can only hope that Virtue didn't really say those things. For me, it's a call to open aggression and destruction against a cultural product she doesn't agree with any nore. And I don't care whether it's her own work or not.

zhadee
16-04-2017, 19:44
They aren't, no, but this is the first time I have ever seen anyone tell owners to burn something they had paid for.

After Morrissey went solo, he said that people should bury their Smiths records in shoe boxes under their beds (an interview with the german 'Tempo' in 1987. I've spend an hour checking his quotes, but could not find it).
In the meantime, it's likely he's said something more ghastly about what people should do with them.

gregory
16-04-2017, 20:09
You got me interested. Can't find a THING :D

Draven Rising
16-04-2017, 20:17
After Morrissey went solo, he said that people should bury their Smiths records in shoe boxes under their beds (an interview with the german 'Tempo' in 1987. I've spend an hour checking his quotes, but could not find it).
In the meantime, it's likely he's said something more ghastly about what people should do with them.

Though I don't remember ever hearing that quote (long time Smiths/Moz fan) I'd doubt he feels so strongly now, considering how often he uses Smiths songs in his current setlists.

Back on topic, Doreen's work has always seemed disingenuous to me, so this turnaround isn't shocking. I just wonder if she'll turn back if selling Christianity doesn't prove profitable enough.

zhadee
16-04-2017, 20:30
Though I don't remember ever hearing that quote (long time Smiths/Moz fan) I'd doubt he feels so strongly now, considering how often he uses Smiths songs in his current setlists.

Back on topic, Doreen's work has always seemed disingenuous to me, so this turnaround isn't shocking. I just wonder if she'll turn back if selling Christianity doesn't prove profitable enough.

You got me interested. Can't find a THING :DrI don't remember if it was an exclusive interview with that magazine or a translated interview from the Rolling Stone.
Anyway, I did not put my records underneath the bed. I still keep them.

Until today, I did not get a single DV deck. I never felt attracted by them. Recently, I thought I should get one as they seem to represent something temporary. Reading about her statement now spares me the expense. I also think it's rude and disrepectful to her customers.

DownUnderNZer
16-04-2017, 20:50
Interesting how people like Rice or Virtue can or could be so easily brain washed into a religion, but to each her/his own I suppose.

One of the highest making money genres in the music industry is "Country" and especially "Christian Country" - so I am sure Virtue will find a niche somewhere there as not all "Christians" are dead set against Tarot or Oracles.

Years ago I talked with a "Captain" from some "Christian church" here in Sydney and they believed in "prophecies" down to having their own "readers" within the church itself. However, she was dead set against any "readers" outside of the church as those ones were considered "devil accomplices" etc etc etc. I had to bite down hard on my lip so as not to laugh in her face, but once I gained my composure I spoke my mind and told her what I thought. No changing her mind that was for sure. Outsiders that "read" were considered EVIL. :D:D:D

As for Sylvie Browne - she brought her death on herself. Not that she deserved to die, but she was "wrong" and for a very very long time.

Virtue will be fine and if music is anything to go by - she will not be hard done by when it comes to making money off of her decks as long as they are not in an "anti religion" light and conform to certain ideals.

DND :)

Village Witch
16-04-2017, 21:44
Iīm not angry with you or Village Witch, because you couldnīt have known the right story, not being fans of hers.Iīm sorry if it came out wrong.

I never thought you were angry with me, Genna. All is good. We are just expressing our opinions.

I appreciate you setting the record straight. There are some things I didn't know about Rice or her books. I always appreciate learning. Thank you.

gregory
16-04-2017, 21:48
I am not a member of any faith, and I am well known for debunking it in debate but even I begin to be annoyed by the suggestions here that people who find faith are being "brainwashed" into religion. I know many people who are deeply religious - including RC, Anglican Christians and evangelicals too.

There is nothing wrong with Christian faith. You don't have to be brainwashed to hold it. My issue is with DV specifically - it isn't as if she never believed before - there are loads of indications of her - rather odd, I admit - Christianity in her decks and in her syndicated columns. I do think personally - that she's a money-seeking fake, and I do object to her alleged academic credentials. And even more I object to her banging on about the sanctity of marriage and a whole lot more, given her own marital history (there's nothing WRONG with that - but if you have that kind of history it's very off to say others must not.)

These are things specifically to do with Ms Virtue. I defend to the death people's rights to find faith at any time. I really dislike bringing people like Anne Rice into this. She has nothing to do with it, and we have no idea about the process she went through when embracing her faith. Unless anyone here actually believes the media. OR knows her personally.

Just saying.

Le Fanu
16-04-2017, 22:14
I honestly don't think anyone really believes what they say about their own golden goose. I mean, they can pretend or, if a deck really is OOP then they don't really have much to earn or lose from it. But mercenary as the impulse behind those angel decks is, I don't think she or Hay House or any of her truly devoted followers would believe that. But of course this is all speculation because hardly anyone has actually seen anything anyway. We (or some of us) are just dancing round the bonfire. I just feel relieved that the slate of feel-good angel decks, which send your view of true life off kilter, may finally be clean.

linnie
16-04-2017, 23:06
Call me cynic but what else in the New Age world was there left for her to make money on?

I suspect the "Jesus stuff" will be followed later on with "Jesus is a Fairies" stuff on account of her spirituality evolving again.

Like I said, call me cynic if you like.Hello, fellow cynic!

She should do us all a favour and retire :D Sorry, not a fan.Same.

If you look closely, she has dollar signs in her eyes- Yes...they shine quite brightly.

She has some nerve telling people to throw away a deck they paid $ for, she should be offering refunds to all who send her their copy of Ascended Masters deck. It came from her influence after all. })A singer over this way, supposedly spiritual with a big S, made a number of CDs. Some of the song lyrics were quite beautiful, and meaningful! Some tracks were toning sounds or other New Age style stuff, but the CDs were ok..

I'd bought two of them, and later was very annoyed to receive an email from him saying something that essentially pointed to his previous CDs with lyrics being wrong, as the words tainted pure emotion, or something... :bugeyed: He suggested doing away with the old CDs, but his new one, wordless, was all good... and yet, years on, his CDs are still kicking around. Thankfully, so are the original beautifully lyrical songs he created... and he still sings words! :confused:

This from the woman who removed all the nasty stuff (Devil etc) from her Tarot decks....And nudity....

I thoroughly enjoy the irony of the last name "Virtue."Yes.........

Rhinemaiden
16-04-2017, 23:43
Doreen who? (yawn)

This whole discussion proves there is no such thing as bad publicity. ;)

Bscotty38
17-04-2017, 00:27
I watched Doreen's weekly card and spiritual messages this morning. She was using the Fairie oracle cards which I thought was odd for Easter. And no mention of the crucifixtion or resurrection. Strange considering the conversion.

gregory
17-04-2017, 00:31
IF there was a conversion at all. Rhine is spot on :D

After all - if her FANS destroy that book on her say so, they will have to buy her next one to replace it....

DownUnderNZer
17-04-2017, 00:52
Fans buy cards for the cards not for religious affiliations and/or one's personal beliefs or creed - so I doubt people all around the world would be signing up to burn anything.

DND :)

Emily
17-04-2017, 02:52
I am getting so bored of Doreen Virtue. - I have one of her angel decks - Healing with the Angels - and I did like it, I think it was either her first or second deck. I never realised just how prolific she would be.

There is a new age shop opening up in our town, I got all excited until I realised the only decks they had were Doreen Virtue - and a Rider Waite Smith.

EmpressArwen
17-04-2017, 05:58
That was when she was young, and why canīt a christian write erotica? She writes vampire, witch and now werewolf books in a sexy, elegant style with a heart and metaphysical ideas.She was christian, which aided her style, Iīm so angry with that priest who tried to make an ascet out of her, and made her ashamed of her wonderful books.And now seems to have robbed her of a faith altogeather.

Um...have you ever read the Sleeping Beauty trilogy?

I am in fact a fan of hers. I do know her story. She wrote a very detailed book about it titled Called Out of Darkness.

My point is, belief is a windy road for most people...and that is great but when you've made a whole bunch of money off of something, to turn around and say it is bad but not offer refunds is crooked in my opinion.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Genna
17-04-2017, 06:32
I loved her books where she blended mystery, horror, intelligent plots, a lot of love, hetero- and homosexual love, catholicism, wodoo and all she is so good at.Then it seemed to me that a priest took advantage of her sorrow when her husband died, made her a born-again ascetic, and then an atheist, and my lovely blend of religion, luxury,mystery and love in her books were taken from me.
No, the first book I read by her was Interview with the Vampire.
Sorry everyone Iīve upset.

AnemoneRosie
17-04-2017, 06:33
Um...
I was not raised in a Judeo-Christian tradition.
What is it that makes the Ascended Masters non-Christian? As far as I can tell, DV makes a living selling Neo-Christianity to people who were baptised as children, and then left the Church some years later. After all, there's that Saints and Angels deck of hers, which is pretty Catholic, and then there's all the angel stuff. Wouldn't Ascended Masters be in that vein (rather than in the mermaids, fairies, and unicorns, one)?

So what're we all up in arms about?

Genna
17-04-2017, 06:49
I might have misunderstood what happened when she "took back" her vampire books in New Orleans, after her being "born-again". That might have been very hurtful to those who loved them (like I do). So Iīm sorry if Iīve said something I shouldnīt.

EmpressArwen
17-04-2017, 06:56
I loved her books where she blended mystery, horror, intelligent plots, a lot of love, hetero- and homosexual love, catholicism, wodoo and all she is so good at.Then it seemed to me that a priest took advantage of her sorrow when her husband died, made her a born-again ascetic, and then an atheist, and my lovely blend of religion, luxury,mystery and love in her books were taken from me.
No, the first book I read by her was Interview with the Vampire.
Sorry everyone Iīve upset.

I might have misunderstood what happened when she "took back" her vampire books in New Orleans, after her being "born-again". That might have been very hurtful to those who loved them (like I do). So Iīm sorry if Iīve said something I shouldnīt.

You haven't upset anyone, Genna. Not at all.

We all get an opinion here. I think it's hard to tell tone on posts some times...I certainly wasn't upset with you. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

((hugs))

Genna
17-04-2017, 07:02
Thank you! (((hugs)))
Love and Light Genna

Alta
17-04-2017, 07:09
I was surprised to read that DV had renounced Ascended Masters, and presumably some of her other works. I had a few of her books, though not that one I think, but when I went to look I saw that I must have tossed them all in one of my periodic purges.

In one of her early books she spoke quite frankly about her strong desire for success, recounting her annoyance on going into a book store and seeing her products with poor display. Mind you much has changed since then!

I will also be interested in what happens to her upcoming tarot decks. A Jesus Tarot?

Celtictarot
17-04-2017, 11:44
I've just heard about this, Didn't Jessica Galbreth convert too? My family are episcopal. I'm not!

HighPriestess
18-04-2017, 00:27
I've just heard about this, Didn't Jessica Galbreth convert too? My family are episcopal. I'm not!

Yeah I don't know if it was on a TV show but I remember seeing an interview with her where she talked about getting rid of all her "spooky", "demonic" art. You can still buy her Enchanted Oracle though so I'm not sure if she tried to have it taken off the shelves.

On the subject of Doreen Virtue, I'm tempted to buy a couple of her decks now in case she decides to tell her followers to destroy them. I'm not really a fan (actually I think she's a fraud) but I have been tempted by the mermaid and unicorn decks. (I have the goddess cards, I'm scared of them, not because of the imagery, but every time I use them they are incredibly blunt and kick my ass).

AnemoneRosie
18-04-2017, 00:35
I love the Goddess cards, tbh. They're the only deck of hers that I really like.

I'm still trying to figure out what makes Ascended Masters non-Christian though? If anyone could explain that to me, that'd be great!

DaughterOfDanu
18-04-2017, 01:33
I love the Goddess cards, tbh. They're the only deck of hers that I really like.

I'm still trying to figure out what makes Ascended Masters non-Christian though? If anyone could explain that to me, that'd be great!

I have a good handful of her decks. In fact I started with her Healing with the Angels oracle. In a way without her, I might not be here on this forum nor a card reader. So I have a bit of nostalgia with regards to her decks.

I think her issue with the Ascended Masters could come from putting other historical or mythical figures at the same level as Jesus which is a big no-no in how I was raised as a Christian. It may also have to do with their concept of the afterlife and nonbelief in people becoming anything more than human souls.

I'm not read up on her views of Ascended Masters and only heard the concept roughly through seeing others use the deck. I don't own this one as I'm not interested in Archangels and working eclectically with different beings in a "salad bar" casual way. So I could be wrong but that was my assumption from my days as a Christian.

This reminds me of Jessica Galbreth. Her art was very popular with new age and Pagan people. Her style is still very recognizable. Full of gothic styled depictions of goddesses and fairies and lots of Pagan symbols in them. Anyway at some point she decided everything she had done was evil and that anyone into the things she was, including tarot, were evil. Offended and hurt a lot of her followers just as I'm sure DV has.

Genna
18-04-2017, 04:50
I never thought you were angry with me, Genna. All is good. We are just expressing our opinions.

I appreciate you setting the record straight. There are some things I didn't know about Rice or her books. I always appreciate learning. Thank you.

Thank you, Village Witch, I owe you an apology. I did some research and it seems Anne Rice left the Catholic Church at 18, still being a seeker, and returned into the Catholic Church when her husband died. Then she left the Catholic Church, but is still a Christian; not an atheist as I believed.

Gregory is right, we donīt know enogh, often, about why peole do what they do. But I still define Anne Riceīs Lestat as a seeker; there is a lot of religion in those books. It is a pity they could not be tolerated.

nicky
18-04-2017, 05:24

AC says to destroy the Book of the Law after you read it....

Padma
18-04-2017, 08:31
Doreen who? (yawn)

This whole discussion proves there is no such thing as bad publicity. ;)

Perfectly said :thumbsup:

gregory
18-04-2017, 19:03
Gregory is right, we donīt know enogh, often, about why peole do what they do. But I still define Anne Riceīs Lestat as a seeker; there is a lot of religion in those books. It is a pity they could not be tolerated.
By whom ? One can still buy them, can't one ? We accept them, don't we ? I suddenly have a need to read loads of them.... I think she even said once that they were a way for her to find meaning in a world where there was no god. So....

She is now a secular humanist, by the way. She gave up on the church because of their daft social attitudes over gay rights, abortion and contraception, and their constant infighting.

But my point is that Rice never did the "I abjure my work, which is evil, and ye must all do likewise because if I feel that way you must too" thing, that DV seems to be doing. I don't happen to believe that one can reinvent oneself to that degree - one is always who one has always been, even if one's behaviour etc. changes. We will always know that DV had some part in creating Ascended Masters. She can never get away from that. So why does she pretend that it isn't a part of her ? She can say she regrets putting it out - sure. But she cannot tell everyone how THEY feel about it, and she cannot pretend that saying it is wrong makes it not a part of who she still is.

Genna
22-04-2017, 22:14
By " not being tolerated", I meant the priest who got influence over Mrs Rice the time her husband died, made her think the books could not be tolerated by the Catholic Church, although all but the last in The Vampire Chronicles flirts with Catholicism IMHO, and Lestat searches his faith constantly (except in the first book where Louis searches his faith), and The Mayfair Witches is a catholic family. I do recommend them, even without the religious musings, and those are not overwhelming. I think you would like them.

I find it sad that such an intelligent fantasy was "banned". But I donīt know, it might only have been that priest; not all of the church. I dare say there might be a list somewhere.

I agree with how you differ between how Mrs Rice and Mrs Virtue acted, Gregory

RavenOfSummer
23-04-2017, 00:59
By " not being tolerated", I meant the priest who got influence over Mrs Rice the time her husband died, made her think the books could not be tolerated by the Catholic Church, although all but the last in The Vampire Chronicles flirts with Catholicism IMHO, and Lestat searches his faith constantly (except in the first book where Louis searches his faith), and The Mayfair Witches is a catholic family. I do recommend them, even without the religious musings, and those are not overwhelming. I think you would like them.

I find it sad that such an intelligent fantasy was "banned". But I donīt know, it might only have been that priest; not all of the church. I dare say there might be a list somewhere.

I agree with how you differ between how Mrs Rice and Mrs Virtue acted, Gregory

Perhaps I'm veering off topic here but...I had read that there were a number of churches that named the Harry Potter series as books that should not be read by Christians :bugeyed: So knowing that, the fear of the Vampire Chronicles doesn't surprise me. (I've never read the books but I should; I love the movie version of Interview with the Vampire and I'm sure the book is better.)

I was raised Catholic and went through 13 years of Catholic school (kindergarten through 12th grade), and I have friends who are still Catholic. In my experience people's personal views within the Catholic church run the gamut from fairly liberal to strictly conservative when it comes to such issues. But for sure there is a LOT of suspicion and a lot of preconceived (largely unfounded) notions around tarot and divination. Not sure how whatever sect DV has chosen feels about such things.

gregory
23-04-2017, 02:01
By " not being tolerated", I meant the priest who got influence over Mrs Rice the time her husband died, made her think the books could not be tolerated by the Catholic Church
So he lied to her. We have no idea what the church itself would have said if asked.

My father was an Anglican minister and was quite often asked if "the church" objected to xyz. 99% of the time he said no. (the 1% would be things like murder, deceit and crime in general.) "The Church" rarely has views. Its ministers often do, and try to put them across as Church Law. It ain't so.

silvereye
23-04-2017, 11:22
So he lied to her. We have no idea what the church itself would have said if asked.

My father was an Anglican minister and was quite often asked if "the church" objected to xyz. 99% of the time he said no. (the 1% would be things like murder, deceit and crime in general.) "The Church" rarely has views. Its ministers often do, and try to put them across as Church Law. It ain't so.

I think that's right. It can't be expected that the church as an institution would have a view on every single thing!

It d be very interested in watching the DV video though! Too bad its been taken down.

Genna
23-04-2017, 19:12

I believe you are right, gregory. Why hinder people reading catholic flavoured fantasy, if they read fantasy, and you want them to read catholic literature?

greatdane
11-06-2017, 00:24
about what is now OUT or IN according to this woman (whose site I never saw before, but it popped up when I was looking for this now deleted vid).

I have no feelings one way or the other, as I have none of her decks. Was just curious about a big change in someone who, whether one uses her stuff or not, is well-known among readers.

So, make of this what you will:
https://newagestudies.org/2017/04/11/more-about-doreen-virtues-conversion-to-christianity/

silvereye
11-06-2017, 01:04
She hasn't spoken about her conversion again since that video?

greatdane
11-06-2017, 01:28
The link I included was all I found that at all detailed what was said. I honestly was only interested in the first part of it. What might be in or out.

It does seem unusual to me. I question no one's right to their beliefs, it's just that with what seems a very Christianity-centered focus now, new Jesus deck out or coming out, that certifications in Fairyology, an upcoming Cat Tarot deck, as well as all the other non-Christian specific decks, save the Ascended Masters and maybe one other, all might be fine.

Just can't really fathom the thought process, but whatever makes people happy.

silvereye
11-06-2017, 01:46
The link I included was all I found that at all detailed what was said. I honestly was only interested in the first part of it. What might be in or out.

It does seem unusual to me. I question no one's right to their beliefs, it's just that with what seems a very Christianity-centered focus now, new Jesus deck out or coming out, that certifications in Fairyology, an upcoming Cat Tarot deck, as well as all the other non-Christian specific decks, save the Ascended Masters and maybe one other, all might be fine.

Just can't really fathom the thought process, but whatever makes people happy.

She has since taken her video down, just curious if she has since then changed her position again!

yaraluna
16-06-2017, 07:17
I just posted to tell people she is discontinuing her archangel decks and ascended masters decks as well due to her new belief system. Just for those who are collectors or DV fans to get some now that they are on sale for $20 or less at HH.

Yes, I watched the video and yes she said some of the ascended masters she talks about in her AM books and decks should not even exist, she was wrong and got the wrong info from untrustworthy sources (demons/ non christian/non Jesus) and she apologized for spreading that information. she did say about getting rid of the decks and books, I think if i recall correctly that she mentioned burning them.

Sad. so sad.

Imagine all the people who piggy backed from her name and authority to be "co-authors" with her, all in new age arena.

Disa
16-06-2017, 07:29
She got her info from demons? Well isn't that something?

I'm just thinking of all the people who took her courses to get certified in her "Angel Training Courses" etc. I wonder how they all feel? do they still feel it's all relevant? Do they all want their money back? Do they feel their journey into angels was just a passing phase and now they are on to the next thing?

I understand people have changes in their paths, really I do. But some of her stuff was really playing on some very vulnerable people who were hanging on her every word as the truth. I've seen some of them myself, and I don't try to convince them otherwise. I just try to encourage people to believe what truly resonates with their own soul-not to follow what I say or what anyone else says exclusively just because they are under the impression someone knows more than they do. I try to help people find their own path, the one that really speaks to them because they have made their own journey which is unique to them.

Anyway, I know she has steered quite a few in the "Angel" direction. Most can discern for themselves what's real and what isn't, but some really can't. I hope they don't take all of this too hard.

HOLMES
16-06-2017, 14:15
have to see if she will change her website, post about that on twitter, etc

listening to her divine messages for june 12-18 2017, working with her archangel Gabriel deck so that must be recent.but no mention of any conversion.
who knows perhaps she just had a bad day as the video was taken down. I know I had bad days or weeks.

I will keep on using her oracles I brought , they work for me.

in my mind though she was always Christian in some way for she said in her biographies she was raised in Christian science. (her mom was one I think ).

so have to follow this , who knows perhaps it is just how she evolved as I didnt' see her path necessarily about money. though it been a while since I brought a book of her that interest me so I haven't been up
on the up.

edited to add
so I just tweeted to her to ask about rumours of a video taken down. see if she responds.
and to further add, I noticed under her new morning with the lord book, it does say she is a born again Christian. wonder where the course in miracles fits into her philoposphy now. perhaps never will know outright as she never once answer my tweet in the years I been tweeting to her.

AJ
17-06-2017, 01:19
I just posted to tell people she is discontinuing her archangel decks and ascended masters decks as well due to her new belief system. Just for those who are collectors or DV fans to get some now that they are on sale for $20 or less at HH.

that is a Hay House sale, all their decks are $10 right now,

Gregory has a great informational post up above about DVs current views

post 56 or 55 I think

gregory
17-06-2017, 02:10
that is a Hay House sale, all their decks are $10 right now,

Gregory has a great informational post up above about DVs current views
? I do ? I must go read it :D ETA most of that post referred to Anne Rice... Just saying.

Will this mean her Animals deck won't come out now ? Is ALL tarot evil, or only tarot with added angels ? It's due out in October, bu there's no hint of it on the Hay House site... I would have thought her artist might be a bit peeved if she pulls it...

greatdane
17-06-2017, 04:16
I am not saying her stuff is good or bad, but considering what she is now saying....

As this thread is speaking directly about DV and her changing, I feel my post is in keeping with the topic.

Including the Certification on Fairyology? Which does come at a cost, which is fine, but what does that have to do with her now being more just about Christian in a more traditional sense? Confusing.

Speaking of her changing views, has anyone seen Radleigh Valentine's ASK RAD video re FAIRY TALES? It's on youtube....just type in ASK RAD and FAIRY TALES.

As he and DV have done some decks together, and as things seem to be changing for her, I think it is fair to post about him touting her book FAIRIES 101 on that vid. I couldn't get past about a minute of the vid, but the first minute is interesting in lieu of what seems to be happening with her revamping of her franchise. Anyone can believe what they believe, but I am wondering about the what's staying and what's going and if it is more about selling off some decks and reissuing others for money. It's just confusing what is still ok and what isn't. THAT is what seems stranger than her new or transformed path.

Obsydian
17-06-2017, 04:53
Sorry for the slight tangent, but a cat tarot deck? Is she making cats?

gregory
17-06-2017, 05:28
Sorry for the slight tangent, but a cat tarot deck? Is she making cats?
It's animals. It's up for preorder on amazon....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/140195121X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HOLMES
17-06-2017, 05:29
animal tarot cards.
there is a picure of a cat on the cover still listed on amazon for October 3 2017.
so it isn't just about cats.

greatdane
17-06-2017, 07:29
OK about FOUR minutes and SOME seconds in, he mentioned DV's book on Archangels 101. So...now does the book go too?
It isn't just about an Archangel deck, but her online class and book, or not? Interesting.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ask+rad&&view=detail&mid=D79C62989485EB324215D79C62989485EB324215&FORM=VRDGAR

Padma
17-06-2017, 07:46
Will this mean her Animals deck won't come out now ? Is ALL tarot evil, or only tarot with added angels ?

I'm confused. She got her information from demons? Why are the angels evil? Especially if she has converted to Christianity...? Aren't angels part of the Christian belief system? :confused:

I think I am glad I never got any of her decks (well - I did get the Goddess one, but gave it away). It sounds like she didn't really ever know what she was talking about.

greatdane
17-06-2017, 08:25
Anyone have a link that is still up with her talking about what is out, in, or what she really believes? I don't seem to see anything that would clarify, but I heard that there was a vid from her, but it was taken down.

gregory
17-06-2017, 08:32
Anyone have a link that is still up with her talking about what is out, in, or what she really believes? I don't seem to see anything that would clarify, but I heard that there was a vid from her, but it was taken down.
It was indeed taken down. And no-one has been able to find out whether by her or by someone else. Someone further up the thread has twittered at her to ask.

greatdane
17-06-2017, 09:17
Seems strange that with her websites, everything one can find on the web, vids, there seems to be nada to confirm exactly what is going on and what she believes, doesn't and what is going or staying or changing. Curiouser and curiouser.

Surely she has to see and know about all that is swirling around. Is all press good press?

Wondering why the silence now, as she certainly hasn't been silent online about all her stuff out there.

Guess we shall find out sooner or later.

MoonGypsy
18-06-2017, 01:13
I'm confused. She got her information from demons? Why are the angels evil? Especially if she has converted to Christianity...? Aren't angels part of the Christian belief system? :confused:

I think I am glad I never got any of her decks (well - I did get the Goddess one, but gave it away). It sounds like she didn't really ever know what she was talking about.

She is still doing her daily online card readings with her Angel decks and is still
doing the Angel Course certification. from what i have gathered..this is all very confusing, indeed.

Hard to distinguish between truth and urban myth...
i think there is a mixture going on. i never got to see the conversion video, as it had already
been taken down when i tried the link. But i did hear from others a lot of what was said, and
yes it was quite disturbing...
But not all the rumors that are going around are true, i don't think. A bit of embellishment here and there.
i wish Ms.Virtue would do another Video clarifying her conversion and beliefs.

greatdane
18-06-2017, 01:16
It isn't that her path may have changed or evolved, hey, her right, it's what the HECK is her path and how does that affect what she now puts out, or wants out there, as her brand. And she IS a BRAND. Heck, she has her own section in Tarot Cards and Reviews.

Padma
18-06-2017, 06:28
But not all the rumors that are going around are true, i don't think. A bit of embellishment here and there.
i wish Ms.Virtue would do another Video clarifying her conversion and beliefs.

Thanks for answering, MoonGypsy :) I too think that a clear and straight forward vid from her might help. Perhaps Hay House prevented her from releasing the messages, as it is sure to impact sales. I can see how that might have happened.

AnemoneRosie
18-06-2017, 09:03

This greatly confuses me too, what with catholicism and the angels and all that. Do American evangels distance themselves from other versions of christianity that much???

I have the Goddess one. I quite like it, actually. I find it helpful for clients who just want a straightforward affirmation.

greatdane
18-06-2017, 09:42
Well, and this could all be about publicity. A video comes out, is quickly taken down, lots of chatter and speculation, and yet....she remains silent about her new path.

Does this make sense if her new path was so important, she put up a vid and then takes it down? Why not just LEAVE it up or clarify her position? I don't believe she doesn't know about all the chatter. She is too aware of her brand.

But then look, she has gotten people like me to talk about her, even though I don't use her decks and, in the end, it won't matter to me at all. You can't pay for all the posts, blogs, etc, that the vid...and then taking it down...generated.

gregory
18-06-2017, 09:55
I don't think whatever has happened has got her many sales here })

greatdane
18-06-2017, 10:19
Those who love her will likely still love her, those who don't, won't. But I did see a post somewhere on AT about grab em while they're on sale, about some of decks that might be discontinued. And if she is expanding her market more into the Christian side, not saying not Christians here!, AT isn't exactly her only venue or fan base.

Whatever is happening, it is keeping people guessing....and DV being mentioned. I see a lot of positive posts on some of these current threads and people posting about buying her decks, or which they love, so....

gregory
18-06-2017, 11:41
Her TAROT decks? I know some people love her oracles and someone I care very much about found they brought her through some terrible times, so I will run with that. But her TAROT decks ? I have seen about TWO people post that they liked them. Hardly a ringing endorsement...

I don't actually care if people do buy them- though I hate the way they have taken over the mind/body/spirit area of so many stores. But they will never be tarot decks, no matter what she does.

greatdane
18-06-2017, 23:20
I said decks, Gregory. I mean any of them. My point is just that it is strange she puts something out and quickly takes it off and is now.....crickets.

And I agree. She is the only one here in AT tarot decks and reviews with her own listing. She is a brand.

My only point: Why is she doing this the way she's doing it? And why with all the hoopla is she being silent? It appears from what is coming out, or has just come out, more Jesus centric and the upcoming Cat Tarot, she may be trying to keep her current market, which could be a mix of many types of people, but also branch out to include more about Jesus and get people more interested in just Christian aspects. THAT is what this appears to be looking at her most current and upcoming decks, a bit of everything. So, whether this succeeds or fails, this does seem to have a marketing angle. All I'm saying.

gregory
18-06-2017, 23:46
I know you said "decks". But I would like to know who here actually likes her TAROT decks ? (It's an Animals one coming out in October, by the way... not just cats. The cats of the world are pleased it isn't ONLY them }))

greatdane
19-06-2017, 01:29
Well, I'm NOT raising my hand for that deck, Gregory. I am not a fan, nothing against any of her decks, tarot, oracle or whatever, or those who like them, but let's just say she and I have different perspectives... Thanks for the clarification, Gregory, I thought, CAT TAROT, would be, well, just cats. Silly moi.

gregory
19-06-2017, 01:39
It's the picture that does it for people:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/140195121X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For oracles she seems to have stopped at butterflies. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Butterfly-Oracle-Cards-Life-Changes/dp/1401950035/ref=pd_sim_14_19?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JGS1E6EC8J91NC4CEMW7)

greatdane
19-06-2017, 01:57
Next up, Oracle of the Marsupials....

Disa
19-06-2017, 07:35
I still don't understand where the "conversion" is coming from? If she is converting then I suppose she couldn't do oracles OR Tarot.

I do see that her oracle decks have helped people who need a very delicate message. I don't read oracles often, and certainly not hers.

Oracle of the Reptiles, if developed, I might read- but the fluffy bunny stuff is not for me.

Alta
20-06-2017, 21:27
Oracle of the Reptiles, if developed, I might read- but the fluffy bunny stuff is not for me.It may just be early morning, that struck me as hilarious. Honestly I think that I would buy that as well.

I tried to follow the 'conversion' links but she writes in what seems to me as 'double-speak'. It really is not clear which decks she no longer wishes her followers to use, except (apparently) Ascended Masters. personally, though I have not used either deck for years, I only like Goddess Oracle and Messages from Your Angels.

It isn't that she doesn't occasionally do good work but that production line effect.... whew.

MizGrace
20-06-2017, 22:12
certainly banging out the decks fast there! I have noticed something about the newer decks I bet you see it too, the collage cut and paste as if old magazines have been glued down on a page with pastry glue.
The Arch angel oracle had less of this a few scattered here there but original paintings. I wonder on the Animal Oracle is it mainly collage images or more indepth.

I dont mind Doreen. I am Christian yet I am C.O.E I was brought up this way, yet my church I have explained I do like tarot and oracles, I didn't get anything negative said to me at all to me yet my church when I go to it is less strict. I admit I am not a church goer in any sense.
I was as a child forced to go listen to bible stories to give mummy some quiet time as all the children in our school went it was the 'ship off place for mummy's quiet time in afternoons' or grannies tipple time as I called it, is mummy watching? no ill brew my tea 'name it grannies special tea'. except it was more of the special stuff than the tea in the cup. mum would say, gran would like some TEA TO GO WITH THAT? granny would then snooze while listening to country and western on grannies headphones and get told off by mum for not putting the washing out oops! I'd try to hang the washing out for gran using her poof when asleep from under her feet ( poof foot stall), as we called it! and hanging things be sleeves on washing line. Mum use to just think Gran was very tipsy and hung them wrong. Gran would check line and go OOOH. my brother once used that foot stall as a rolling rock and rolled over my barbie Ferrari which then had 3 wheels and one which didnt move with masking tape. I had to lift the car like back to the future to take it anywhere.

My family were pretty open minded with spirituality and brought me up chose your faith yet Christianity should be a basis to who and what you are, yet I'd always say mum im not a Christian, 'yes you are because you do good things before thinking of yourself!' darn it couldnt argue that one!

Christian can be what we do for others not just for ourselves helping strangers anyone in need. Perhaps just perhaps that is where Doreen sees herself as Christian yet I can not surmise on her beliefs as, I am not her. I dont dislike her, think a place for any kind of decks. She just got lucky with who she knows and fan base as to how many decks can make and what she can produce.

I get back tracked when I think of making a deck from my sketchs as, I think of the monopoly out there and say even with kick starter it wouldnt happen. I get discouraged and admit it is people similar to doreen who make me feel that way. Not jealousy just how can you compete with it? how do you find your neiche? when the market is so diverse and there is a lot of people deciding on the same ideas.

I admit I love cat decks and go awww that most people do! they are cute fluffy funny. definitely an animal lover! yet I od have the buddhist feeling when I accidentally kill an insect I get the guilt enter me. I dont like to do that, rather put them outside. yet heard throwing mr spidey out the window of the bedroom...over many years doesnt save their lives.He can't fly he's not superman! infact it does the opposite, he doesnt save self like spiderman in most cases. no wonder my Karma is so messed!

happy to give people a giggle at my life.

MizGrace

willowy
20-06-2017, 23:41
I too, watched that video in which she told her customers to get rid of The Ascended Masters book and cards. She also spoke very directly to her gay audience. Very fishy that the video has been removed. She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers. Anyway, all of this inspired me to leave some comments and questions on her instagram. I am very interested in what this means for her cards because she has at least 3 decks coming out this year. I find it hard to distinguish between her sincerity/integrity and her marketing techniques. Guess we'll see.

So it is true...Very sad about this,I really found Ascended masters book helpful,and those cards are my favourite of hers,containing all different deities and beings in harmony with each other-how all the worlds religions should be,rather than arguing whos right,very sad they're going to be changed,may get a spare.
Wonder if Goddesses cards will be changed too?

gregory
21-06-2017, 00:02
BScotty - is the video perhaps still up on the wayback machine ? ETA not that I can find - but I only have a secondary link...

I've never seen Ascended masters, but if that's what it's like, I regret their passing, too.

greatdane
21-06-2017, 00:17
The more I read about the infamous video, the more I want to see it. PERHAPS that is why it was taken down, look at all the chatter about it and her. It is strange she would post something so controversial, how many designers say TOSS THIS DECK of mine, and then...poof, it's gone?

From what I have read posted both in AT and on youtube from people who have seen it, it seems to contradict what she has built her fortune on. But then...it was removed, so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.

Anyone who would post a video like that, and then pretty quickly remove it, does indeed make me wonder where they stand and their motivation. I would think she owes it at least to her fans who have made her wealthy to make her position clea,r and if she is so sincere about her new path, to let it clearly be known and stand behind it.

I keep watching this thread to see if someone unearths something more.

gregory
21-06-2017, 00:55
The more I read about the infamous video, the more I want to see it.
Me too :(
From what I have read posted both in AT and on youtube from people who have seen it, it seems to contradict what she has built her fortune on. But then...it was removed, so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.

To be absolutely fair - what else do you do when you have an epiphany of any kind ? On a teeny weeny scale for comparison, some older members may recall MOI and the Mystic Faerie tarot, which I had bought because I Am A Collector. I ridiculed it all over this forum. I was quite incredibly rude about it. Till the day I read with it on a bet.

So - here somewhere is the post where I came to recant. I took back every nasty word I had said about it. As I recall, I almost grovelled. Same kind of thing - but as it was a small thing, and I am not the owner of a retail empire, no-one would notice.

Even so - if one finds one is wrong and says so - that shows a degree of courage. In this particular case I would want to see the video before saying she's doing anything wrong in it.

greatdane
21-06-2017, 01:18
That's why I put But it was removed...so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.

But for people to BE fair, the video would have to be put back up or she has to post SOMETHING. I just find it...confusing. There is no clear THIS is where my path now is, get rid of this or that, UNLESS it is posted somewhere. It has to make one wonder...what is she thinking and her motivation. I think wondering is natural when there is so much hoopla when someone well-known re decks, whether one is a fan or not, posts something controversial and then stays silent.

I WANT TO SEE THAT VID, GREGORY! :-) Or at least see some posts from her about it.

Maybe Hay House disapproved? Maybe contractually anything that affects what they sell of hers is bound to their approval? NOT saying that is why, just wondering. It was up and down pretty fast.

gregory
21-06-2017, 01:32
Maybe Hay House disapproved? Maybe contractually anything that affects what they sell of hers is bound to their approval? NOT saying that is why, just wondering. It was up and down pretty fast.
I don't think it was posted on or by Hay House. I don't think they have any control - the guy (I think it was a guy) said: That is the video/newsletter in our resources given to distribute when there are concerns about her recent change . Any additional inquiries can be sent to her personal social media page:

I suppose they may have asked her to take it down...

greatdane
21-06-2017, 01:49
Thanks for that, Gregory. Well, that theory seems shot. Will continue watching this thread til someone posts something from her directly...if that happens....or maybe we will just be left wondering...wth is going on? At this point, it just seems like suspended animation.

gregory
21-06-2017, 01:57
If you do facebook, you can ask her direct.

greatdane
21-06-2017, 02:11
I think I'm the only person on the planet, who doesn't do FB, Gregory. But I hope if anyone does get any kind of answer, they share here! :-)

gregory
21-06-2017, 02:20
How can you not have noticed that I won't touch the place ? }) There are several others here, too.

greatdane
21-06-2017, 02:26
Somehow, I feel better now, Gregory! I didn't notice you didn't do FB, either. We need a club! :-)

But surely many do here and I am hoping with all ATers who do various types of social media, someone will come up with something soon to post a link to a vid or blog or something DV herself has posted and end the mystery!

GotH
21-06-2017, 02:38
I have FB and checked her page. The video remains removed but here is a link from someone who has viewed the video and is discussing it. Hope this helps a bit.

https://newagestudies.org/2017/04/11/more-about-doreen-virtues-conversion-to-christianity/

AnemoneRosie
21-06-2017, 02:38
Well, there's her newest missive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmfE2csioso&t=98s). She seems to do these weekly.

MysticMoonlight
21-06-2017, 03:05
I watched the infamous video that she did on YT. For the life of me I cannot remember why other than the "conversion" thing tweaked my curiosity. I think it was on my YT "suggested video" homepage or something or other. I have a few of her early decks that I bought early into my Tarot/Oracle interest and while I don't loathe her, she's just not my cup of tea really.

I do remember thinking when I watched that video, oh dear, is she up to something to gain a new audience. Sorry, I couldn't help having that thought. But then, I thought, she has a very strong following, she really doesn't NEED a new audience, to be fair. If the conversion is genuine, great. Good for her if she's happy...with that said, when I watched that video, I remember feeling as if she felt very, very guilty about perhaps, "leading people astray" so to speak for all those years. That maybe she's trying to "right her wrongs" by requesting her Ascended Masters stuff be discarded. Clean slate, etc. I can understand that thinking, while I don't agree, I could see that she likely felt strongly about that, at least.

Confusion set in a bit for me when I heard here on AT that she'd taken her video down and not a peep outta her since. When I watched her video before she removed it, she seemed dead-set on changing her image...I had the distinct feeling she was quite upset with herself about her previous perspective views and the such. So, can't help but wonder why she took her video down, especially when she seemed to have quite the conviction about it all, error of her ways, lead astray, etc. Left to speculate, of course, does any self-imposed shame have a play in her silence or is she just not sure which way she wants to go with this? Perhaps there was some backlash for her and she took the video down so not to lose sales, etc? Maybe she's letting the dust settle before she makes her next move, perhaps working/trying on a new marketing angle that she feels comfortable with while trying not to totally discredit her previous self to all of her avid followers. Gotta be a hard thing to do, I would imagine. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

gregory
21-06-2017, 03:08
I don't suppose the video is still in your cache ?

MysticMoonlight
21-06-2017, 03:10
I don't suppose the video is still in your cache ?

Good thinking! I'll check! BRB

MysticMoonlight
21-06-2017, 03:13
Nope, it's gone. I must've cleared my History since then! Sorry!

Disa
21-06-2017, 07:03
I think I'm the only person on the planet, who doesn't do FB, Gregory. But I hope if anyone does get any kind of answer, they share here! :-)

How can you not have noticed that I won't touch the place ? }) There are several others here, too.

I'm in the "no face book club".

gregory
21-06-2017, 07:46
Is there someone on this thread who can ask her about it on FB ?

AnemoneRosie
21-06-2017, 08:34
I'm on FB. Where's the place to ask and what am I asking?

gregory
21-06-2017, 09:42
The link Hay House sent me where they suggested I ask for more info is

https://www.facebook.com/DoreenVirtue444/

What we want to know, I guess, is whether the video can be viewed now (and if so, where), and why it was pulled ? that's what I want to know, anyway. I want to see it so I can judge for myself.

greatdane
21-06-2017, 10:29
That's all I want. To see the vid or find out why it was pulled. To hear from HER what is going on.

AnemoneRosie
21-06-2017, 10:36
You should be able to see those posts even without an account I think, since they're public?

There's no video announcement where she proclaims her views, save for a 7-second "visions of Jesus" video in late January. She also, as of last week, was still into Archangel Micheal, and so presumably the other Archangels. She also uses her Saints and Angels deck, as well as others.

gregory
21-06-2017, 11:12
It's hard to see posts on FB if you have no account - you get a big banner across the page saying they want you to sigg up - it's very hard work - I can block it every time it shows up, but as soon as I start to scroll down, it's back. But what I'd love would be for someone to ask her what happened wit the video that was posted and is now gone.

banbha
21-06-2017, 23:45
I broke down and created a FB account using a nom de plume.

It has been most helpful in my need to scan FB on occasion without having them scan me, so to speak.

gregory
22-06-2017, 00:03
I broke down and created a FB account using a nom de plume.

It has been most helpful in my need to scan FB on occasion without having them scan me, so to speak.
Make sure and block that cookie whatever its name is, that FB puts on everyone's machine who has ever visited FB even in passing with no account. They use it to scan EVERYONE with.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/to-stop-facebook-tracking-you-across-the-web-change-these-settings/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/10/belgian-court-orders-facebook-to-stop-tracking-non-members

Facebook used a special “cookie” that lodged on an internet user’s device if they visited a Facebook page – for example belonging to a friend, a shop or a political party – even if they were not signed up to the network. The cookie stayed on the device for up to two years and allowed Facebook to consult it whenever the user paid further visits to Facebook pages, or to any page where they could like or recommend via a Facebook link.

I cannot remember its name (I blocked it years ago.) i THINK it has datr in there...

banbha
22-06-2017, 00:32
Make sure and block that cookie whatever its name is, that FB puts on everyone's machine who has ever visited FB even in passing with no account. They use it to scan EVERYONE with.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/to-stop-facebook-tracking-you-across-the-web-change-these-settings/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/10/belgian-court-orders-facebook-to-stop-tracking-non-members

I cannot remember its name (I blocked it years ago.) i THINK it has datr in there...

Yikes.

Thanks , they had me. :bugeyed:

I was able to change my preferences so I blocked them. :)

It does come in handy as well for me to have one because I have family and friends who post event pictures and it's nice to be able to log in and see them (they know who I really am of course!). I've slowly developing a whole network under this name, so FB gets you like that too.

Elven
22-06-2017, 01:37
Does anyone know or remember the title of the video?
Or any words that were in the title?

greatdane
22-06-2017, 01:38
that said they watched it said it was called Doreen Virtue Discusses Jesus. I can't confirm that as I haven't seen her vid.