PDA

View Full Version : Multiple stone storage and cleansing.

Justin
12-06-2004, 20:03
I looked through the archives and didn't really find anything on this, so i appologize if i'm asking a repeated question(s). First of all, i'm new to the crystals and i've started my collection. I have about 40 different crystals/stones stored in the same container. It's actually a bead storage container that i got from a hoppy shop that has different divided sections. I have each different kind of stone in a different portion of the box. Is this okay? Are there certain stone that shouldn't be stored so closely together because of there different vibrations? Also, is it possibe to do multi-stone cleansing? Meaning could i cleanse all the stones at once? Any input would be great. Thanks, and again, sorry if i'm venturing into already covered territory!

Justi

Centaur
12-06-2004, 20:23
Hi Justin,

I think that your container sounds fine. As long as you are happy with it!!! :) Also, I tend to think that it is fine to store all crystals together... but others may have some different thoughts on this.

With regards to the issue of multiple cleansing, I just this week bought myself a chunk of citrine which can be used for that purpose. Citrine does not need to be cleansed, as it is self-cleansing... it also removes any negative energies from the immediate environment. I read that if you put some citrine in a bag (or box!) with other crystals, then the citrine will cleanse them all for you. This would make sense in light of the properties of citrine. I am definetly going to to be using this method at some point, alone, and in combination with other methods of cleansing, eg. breath.

Another thing to consider may be just bunching your crystals together and placing them under a running tap (be careful not to use this method with stones which will be damaged by water!). When I use this method, I imagine the water as positive energy, flowing over the stones, and removing black, negative energies. This is quite a relaxing exercise too!

Hope this helps!

Island Dreamer
12-06-2004, 20:55
Hi Justin,

A divided box sounds like a good idea to keep them all in order and I don't know of any 'taboos' about keeping certain crystals separated. Although one thing to remember is that some crystals are softer than others - amber, jet , turquoise and selenite are ones that spring to mind - and they might be better kept in a little velvety pouch instead to protect them from scratching.

As Centaur says, citrine is a good crystal to use as a 'cleanser' with your other crystals. It does have the advantage of not needing cleansing or clearing itself since it cannot hold negativity. A cluster, especially a flattish one, is useful because you can lay the crystals to be cleanser on top of the citrine points. Amethyst and clear quartz can also be used this way but will need cleansing themselselves after use.

Water can be used but again, as Centaur says, you should be aware that certain stones (opal and selenite are two) will be badly damaged by water. Salt water (either plain water with seasalt added or seawater itself) can also be used to cleanse crystals. However, any imperfections in the surface of the crystal might attract salt crystals when the stone dries and cause damage or discolouration. So do be very careful with this method.

Some people use sunlight and moonlight to cleanse their crystals. You must be aware that certain crystals will have their colour bleached out by strong sunshine - amethyst, smoky quartz, rose quartz, fluorite and quite a few others are very vulnerable. It's very distressing to find your favourite amethyst cluster has faded to a whiter shade of lilac ... I know, I've done it :( Moonlight is gentler and less traumatic - just put the crystals on a windowsill where they can be bathed in moonlight if possible. A Full Moon is especially powerful and lasts for three days - the day of the full moon and the day on either side. You can get a lot of stones on a windowsill ;)

Passing crystals through the smoke of a purifying incense or 'smudging' with sage is cleansing too.

Basically, I think, you have to find a method that suits you and use that. No point attempting to cleanse crystals with incense or sage if you're going to set off every fire alarm in the vicinity!

You might also consider saving up for a good book on crystals. My favourite is called "Crystal Power, Crystal Healing" and the author is Michael Gienger (he's German and the book was originally published in German).

It has mouth-watering colour photos of different crystals that are so good you almost feel you could touch them :D

He makes links between the seven different crystal forms (cubic, hexagonal, trigonal, hexagonal, rhombic, monoclinic, triclinic) and various personality traits. (There's also an eighth form - amorphous - which covers the likes of amber, opal and obsidian)

I seem to be a mix of cubic and trigonal and guess what? Almost all my favourite crystals (quartz, amethyst, citrine, lapiz lazuli, fluorite, agate, garnet, sapphire, etc) are either cubic or trigonal in form! That is really weird...

Hope this helps!

Dreamer.

lunakasha
12-06-2004, 21:46
Justin--

I am in agreement with Centaur and Island...I don't think it is a problem to store crystals together, generally speaking...although there are certain crystals which are very powerful and may clash with others...there are some excellent resources available to help you learn more about crystals. One of the best (which I don't have yet) is called Love Is In the Earth by Melody....my friend owns a metaphysical shop which sells crystals, and she refers to this one as her "bible" on rocks!!!

Also, as Centaur mentioned, be VERY careful with water for cleansing!!! You mentioned that lapis is your favorite...this is one you do NOT want to soak in water....it will eventually dissolve if submerged in water!!! I suppose a quick spray of water might not hurt it...also, water can damage the pyrite ("gold") inclusions and change the color....one source recommends cleansing lapis in a bowl of hematite stones....

I recently purchased a beautiful, black-and-white bowl carved from a genuine fossil, and filled the bowl with clear quartz and selenite polished stones. I place several stones in with the quartz and selenite to cleanse them overnight...works great!!!

:) Luna

Centaur
12-06-2004, 22:41
Originally posted by Island Dreamer
Basically, I think, you have to find a method that suits you and use that. No point attempting to cleanse crystals with incense or sage if you're going to set off every fire alarm in the vicinity!

Hehehehe. That is a very good point! Although, I only recently started putting some sage (not burned!) in with my stones in order to repel negativity and to instill positive energies. :)

Luna, your fossil bowl sounds lovely! I am thinking that you and Dreamer raised a really interesting issue for me... I know that there are some large crystals, on which people place all of their stones in order to cleanse them. Anyone have any ideas which particular large stones would be useful for this? I guess citrine would be. How about Amethyst?

lunakasha
12-06-2004, 23:07
Originally posted by Centaur
Hehehehe. That is a very good point! Although, I only recently started putting some sage (not burned!) in with my stones in order to repel negativity and to instill positive energies. :)

Luna, your fossil bowl sounds lovely! I am thinking that you and Dreamer raised a really interesting issue for me... I know that there are some large crystals, on which people place all of their stones in order to cleanse them. Anyone have any ideas which particular large stones would be useful for this? I guess citrine would be. How about Amethyst?

Hey Centaur!!!

Sage is wonderful for cleansing...have you tried lighting it and smudging with the smoke??? And it smells lovely!!! :P

The fossil bowl and quartz/selenite are working very well.....
I think you can use either citrine or clear quartz to cleanse other stones...I also included selentite because it is self-cleansing (like citrine) and I felt it could be used to cleanse other stones if combined with clear quartz...I have a pretty good, 50/50 mix in the bowl. Not to mention they look beautiful together!

I am not sure if amethyst would work or not...the person I spoke to recommended clear quartz for cleansing above anything else (as far as crystals go). She also recommended water and/or sage/smudging as alternative methods....

Good luck!!!

:D Luna

Centaur
13-06-2004, 00:23
Originally posted by lunakasha
The fossil bowl and quartz/selenite are working very well.....
I think you can use either citrine or clear quartz to cleanse other stones...I also included selentite because it is self-cleansing (like citrine) and I felt it could be used to cleanse other stones if combined with clear quartz...I have a pretty good, 50/50 mix in the bowl. Not to mention they look beautiful together!

It sounds very lovely. I can imagine that the energies around that would be very refreshing, and kind of like a breeze. Hehe. I am really pleased that I managed to find a chunk of raw citrine. It was actually labeled very cheaply, and the guy thought that there must have been a mistake, but since it DID have the cheap label on it, he sold it to me for the cheap price. ;)

Tarotphelia
13-06-2004, 11:18
Crystals can be cleansed en masse with sound. Sacred chant, or the best I think- the sounds of crystal singing bowls. I have a couple of cds with the tones of crystal bowls on them and one of Tibetan Temple bells . So you could cleanse yourself and your crystals at the same time .

lunakasha
13-06-2004, 11:24
Originally posted by Tarotphelia
Crystals can be cleansed en masse with sound. Sacred chant, or the best I think- the sounds of crystal singing bowls. I have a couple of cds with the tones of crystal bowls on them and one of Tibetan Temple bells . So you could cleanse yourself and your crystals at the same time .

That sounds like a wondeful idea, tarotphelia.....

Could you give us names of the CD's and/or a link where we might be able to find them???

Thanks...very interesting!

:) Luna

Centaur
14-06-2004, 09:26
Originally posted by Tarotphelia

TP, I think that the crystal singing bowls would be a great way to cleanse the stones. I really should try that! :)

Tarotphelia
14-06-2004, 14:36
CRYSTAL VOICES: The Harmonic Vibrations of Crystal Singing Bowls
Crystal Voices, Deborah Van Dyke

(This one has a chakra meditation on it, and an explanation of singing bowls)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B00000G1SN/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

SOUNDS OF LIGHT: The Pure Tones of Crystal Singing Bowls
Crystal Voices, Deborah Van Dyke

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B00000G1SO/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Acama-Tibetan Temple Bells
Acama

(This one is actual temple bells, not as new agey-sounding as the first 2 cds, but the first track on this one will usually cure my hiccups within moments.)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B00000IXHI/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Tibetan Tantric Choir
The Gyuto Monks

(These are deep voiced chants.)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B000000NIB/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

All of these are good for general space clearing as well.

lunakasha
14-06-2004, 14:40
Thanks Tarotphelia!!!

I am looking forward to listening to these CD's and hopefully adding them to my collection...

And they cure hiccups too??? :P

Very interesting.....

:D Luna

ivyrita
22-01-2005, 10:32
my citrine cluster could use a cleaning.. over the past couple of years and a few moves it's a bit dusty.. where it has all those little nooks, i don't know how i should go about this... any suggestions?

DollieAnna
22-01-2005, 10:42
My crystals are in a clear glass container and I am growing Paperwhites in them. Don't worry, the water isn't hurting them.

Tarotphelia
22-01-2005, 11:12
my citrine cluster could use a cleaning.. over the past couple of years and a few moves it's a bit dusty.. where it has all those little nooks, i don't know how i should go about this... any suggestions?

You might take a small soft paintbrush to get into the tight spaces and brush them out.