Sensing stones' energy.

Justin

Maybe it's because i'm a little new to this, but i'm having a little bit of trouble feeling the different energys of the different stones. I put them in my receptive hand and i definitely get a response that i can feel and distinguish. The problem is that i love the stones so much, i just get so happy to have the stones in my hand that they all give me the same happy, warm-fuzzy feeling just to be touching them. Is this something that is just going to be have to be dealt with by time, or is there some other way that i can get the distinct impressions from the different stones that i have?

Justin

Kirranan

Hi Justin!
I've been enjoying reading your other posts because you seem so enthusiastic about crystals - which is great! I am too.

The way I first noticed the different energies of different crystals was by first of all doing a ten minute meditation concentrating on the energy flowing around and through my body. Keep concentrating on your own energy until you can feel it like a pulse.
Once you can do that and you're nicely relaxed take two different crystals and place them in front of you. Hold your hand about 2 inches above one of them and slowly move your hand down towards the crystal. Keep moving your hand up and down above the crystal (without touching it) for a while and you should feel what feels like a magnetic effect.

Then try it with the other stone and see what happens!
I tried Clear quartz and Angelite and they are both very different energies.

Dont worry if nothing happens. We each work in different ways and in time you might find that you work more intuitively then sensitively.

Kirranan :)

Justin

Thank you so much for your reply. I am very enthusiastic about crystals and want to learn all i can about them. It's kind of like how I was when I first discovered tarot and wanted to buy every deck and read every book! Anyway, i thought that being able to sense the different energies of the stones was an essential part of learning about them and their uses. That's why i was a little curious as to why no one was talking about this. Your idea sounds great and it's definitely something that i'll have to try. Thanks again and enjoy those stones!

Justin

Sillanza

Justin, I felt the buzz ...

Of the labradorite I bought today that is! I was instantly drawn to one piece (a semi-polished slice) and when I held it in my palm I could feel a decidedly electric buzz. Neato!

Justin

Sillanza,

That's awesome! I'm getting better with a little bit of practice at telling the difference between some of the stones. Labradorite is definitely one of the ones that i can distinctly feel. I'm glad you felt the buzz to!!

Justin

rabble

I usually find myself drawn to a particular stone, but one time in particular, at the most awesome crystal place I think I've ever been to, I picked up a lapis sphere and got the shock of my life!!

I well and truly got zapped! There were quite a few of the stones there that really hummed in my hand. Makes you wonder what the stones in your average shop have been through that they just sit so still, until you get them home and cleanse and love them :)

scherre

The one time I picked up a large piece of lapis I felt immediately nauseus. It was really very odd. I put it down quite quickly :) And then I felt better.

It makes me wonder if there is any sort of genetic predisposition to sensitivity to certain stones. (I'm rabble's daughter.)

I tend to mostly go for collecting pieces of jade, since that is also my name. When I see them in a shop I go through them all, holding them in my hand - usually my left, for a few seconds or so, to see how they feel. Sometimes there is a tingly feeling in my palm and I know that's the stone that will be coming home with me today :)

kattelein

You know, you're right. A few months ago, I went to this fair of minerals and stones. I went a little crazy and bought lots. While we were driving home, I unpacked them, one at a time, cos I had to look at them and feel them. A little while later, I needed to put them away again: to much energie, my head was about to explode!
After that, I intend to use as few as possible, even when carrying them in my pocket, cos sometimes it's like they "fight", giving me another headache...Makes you wonder!