Selina Fenech's Oracle Cards

OakDragon

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Selina Fenech's Oracle Cards (or her Inspiration Cards, for that matter). I was thinking of purchasing them because I love her artwork and like tarot/oracle decks (of course :p ). You can see them here:

http://www.selinafenech.com/gifts.html

Thanks for your help!

lunakasha

Thanks Oakie, for introducing me to this extraordinary artist....

I am pretty sure I will end up ordering both decks myself....as well as a few other items!!! :eek: })

:p Luna

dolphinprincess

Thanks for the link, OakDragon. Her artwork is amazing. She reminds me a little of Amy Brown (a fav. or mine)... Can't wait to look around the site!

dolphingirl

Wow these are really cool! Does anyone know if there going to be released int he stores?

dolphinprincess

Has anyone ordered / received this deck yet? I'm really curious about it...

What kind of messages are on the cards, etc...

Cerulean

Just a reaction...

For fun, I looked at the three sticker sets of different images (4 each) for 3.50 and then the bookmarks for two dollars...

If you really like certain images or themes (such as goddesses and mermaids), maybe you'd enjoy the three sticker sets for about eleven dollars and two bookmarks for four dollars--that would be an advantage if you are picky about what you want.

I noticed she offered desktop wallpapers, other bits and pieces as samples of her work. I've seen similar details in Edmund Dulac postcards and I remember the Flower Fairy tarot cards from Lo Scarabeo. Her work is just as pretty.

Best wishes and happy tidings from flower fairies/mermaids,

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

dolphinprincess

I emailed Selina about her Oracle cards.... I wanted to know what type of "messages" were on the cards..

Here are some examples:

""Hold Tight" (Artwork- Lovers Embrace)- Hold tight to love and all that is special to you. But know what to hold onto and what to let go.

"Wait" (Artwork- Sweet Sunset)- Sometimes the only action you can take is to sit, watch, wait patiently and keep growing.

"Loss" (Artwork- Cry for Nature)- All things change and with that comes loss, but also rebirth and hope for the future.

"Strength" (Artwork Tomboy)- You have great strength within you. You can take on anything! Find the power in you and seize the day.

"Anticipation" (Artwork- White Lily)- Something new is on it's way. Use this time to consider where you have been and where you wish to go.

"Cupids Arrow" (Artwork- Eros)- Don't let his arrows blind you. Follow your instincts: your initial impressions are closest to the truth.

There are quite a few more but this should give you an idea. The cards are all hand made too.

lunakasha

Thanks DP!!!

Those cards sound REALLY nice...very positive and inspirational, like the Virtue decks and also the Self-Care Cards by Cheryl Richardson.

Also, the prices sound very reasonable, especially for handmade cards...I definitely want to order them (as soon as finances allow).

Have you ordered them yet??? }) hehehe

I am anxious to hear from anyone who does order them.....

Thanks for the info!!!

:D Luna

dolphinprincess

I did order them...

I love fantasy artwork. I've been wishing for ages that Amy Brown would make an Oracle deck. Selina's art reminds me of Amy's... so I had to grab the deck.

I'll let you know more when it comes.. :D

dolphinprincess

I just received these cards in the mail today. They are so beautiful - and very well made! Definitely well worth the money!

:D :D