Please Help Me to Figure Out What this Crystal Is???

TemperanceAngel

Years ago an old friend gave me a crystal orb when I first discovered the beauty of crystals. It was the first crystal I ever had besides from a quartz crystal.

The problem is I can't remember what it is...lol...

It's brown, two types of brown with white through it. Most parts of it are quite speckly. It's very beautiful and the only brown crystal I have ever seen. I suppose I wouldn't call it a crystal, in the sense that it's not clear. Or maybe I should say see through like amethyst or citrine. Instead it's much more solid, like a big hunk of uncut rose quartz.

Could someone help me to identify this crystal please??

Many, many thenks :)

CreativeFire

Just trying to guess here from your description, but could it be uncut or unpolished moonstone, which can be shades of brown with white. This can look quite different from the polished rainbow jewelry quality moonstone, which is the white with blue highlights.

Just a thought as I was down at my local crystal shop on the weekend and a small sphere caught my eye, which was unusual browns and white and it turned out to be moonstone!

If you could post a pic it might help, to try and place what it is for you - sounds an interesting piece.

CreativeFire

TemperanceAngel

Yes I can take a photo of it now in fact, but I am no good at resizing to post attachments...DOH!!!

Will see how it goes....don't think it's a Moonstone though :)

Edited to add: have taken a picture but can't attach it, as per usual....

CreativeFire

Hi TemperanceAngel, if you want you can email it to me and I will be happy to resize it for you and post it in the thread so others maybe able to help with identification.

Cheers
CreativeFire

CreativeFire

Here is a pic of the crystal TemperanceAngel is trying to identify.

TA, I have had a look in my crystal book and it is not one I recognise. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help you.

CreativeFire

*edited to fix up pic*

Attachments

• crystalsphere.jpg
    crystalsphere.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 112

Island Dreamer

I'd guess at some form of agate. In fact my first thought was turitella agate which has fossilised shells in it.

There are lots and lots of different agates with patterns so it might be difficult to narrow it down to one specific kind.

The Eclectic Lapidary - Fossil Spheres

Whatever it is, it's very beautiful though :)

Dreamer

Kyrielle

It might be orbicular jasper (aka leopardskin jasper), but I can't tell for sure from the picture. That's my best guess.

-- Kyrielle

TemperanceAngel

Thanks CreativeFire!

I am thinking that leopard skin jasper seems like it :) But then the follows are similar as well, thanks for your input :D

Whatever it is I have always found it to be very grounding, it is placed in the corner of my Tarot room near my clients' chair.

Riversea

Ocean Jasper is another possibility, although that tends to be blue or green. However, I think I have seen it in pinkish-tan colors, too. The orbs shapes certainly remind me of the ocean jasper that I have.

It seems like we are taking the jasper track here, doesn't it? :)

Kyrielle

I think orbicular covers all the jaspers with little circles all over it. Leopardskin is brownish, ocean is blue, pink, and green, dalmatian is black and beige. So it sounds like some form of orbicular jasper, although what else you call it may vary.

-- Kyrielle