King here, Queen there

Penelope

Seating arrangements for eternity carry a lot of weight!

Peredur

An interesting point. The Jean Dodal deck has each King looking to his left. Each of the Queens, with the exception of the Queen of wands, looks to her right. Waite doesn't follow suite, however. Any thoughts?

light2000

The second image is equal to the 4 of swords, doent reminde you the same?

Emeraldgirl

It does remind me of the 4 of Swords.

The first painting I know I have seen it somewhere before. Fulgour is that a painting of Mary I and Philip of Spain?

mysticmoon

King Queen seating arrangement in RWS

Hi folks,

Reading through these posts, I have made an observation. When one places any King-Queen pair of RWS with the King to the right and the Queen to his left, it seems to say something about their qualities as colored by the suit. I do understand that the descriptions below address only a small aspect of their personalities.

King of Cups - Queen of Cups
----------------------------
The queen looks inward (not outward, towards the king) for validation of her emotions whereas the king (nervously?) tries to sneak a peek at the queen to his left, but he suppresses clear display of emotions for her.

King of Swords - Queen of Swords
---------------------------------
The King seems to be thinking whether to look at the queen or not and here the queen is least bothered (separated, divorced?) whether the king looks at her or not. She is just not looking in his direction. ;)

King of Wands - Queen of Wands
--------------------------------
The King looks eagerly (fire?) away, perhaps waiting to see how his projects are going. The queen is contained, confident and sure of her beauty and brains enough not to try to see if the King is watching her or not. This confidence is different from the confidence of the Queen of Swords.

King of Pentacles - Queen of Pentacles
-------------------------------------
He could not care less, everything is just a call (bang?) away. The queen is busy taking care of her kids and household issues and cannot afford to look at the king all the time.

What are your thoughts?

Best wishes,
mysticmoon