birthstones, astrology colors etc.

aeonx

Greetings all.
I'm hooked on astrology at the moment... *s*

Well, I've been searching different pages on astrology and my sign, and I've discovered that they are giving you *different* stones, colors etc that are typical for your sign. How can you know what is right? For example, I'm a Virgo, and I've found these birthstones for my sign: Sardonyx, Sapphire, Jasper/Carnelian/Jade to mention some. Which one(s) is it!?

lunalafey

birthstones & astrology

I am into astrology too, I also make jewelry using semi-precious stones. There are many minerals associated with each sign. Metals included. So don't worry so much which ONE is it, cuz they all are, and just think what a selection you have to choose from. But to make it simple here's a single stone list.
Ar. Bloodstone
Ta. Sapphire
Ge. Agate
Ca. Emerald
Le. Onyx
Vi. Carnelian
Li. Peridot
Sc. Beryl
Sa. Topaz
Ca. Ruby
Aq. garnet
Pi. amethyst
Very different that the birthstones appointed to the months, did you know that the monthly(common) birthstones refer to faceted(cut) stones.
There is a whole other set of stones if they are in cabochon form(flat on the bottom, smooth rounded top)

aeonx

lunalafey: thank you for your input, it was really helpful. *s* I didn't know the last mentioned either, interesting! :)

purplelady

lunalafey, that sure is a totally different list! Being a capricorn , born in january, I've read my stones are garnet, onyx, carnelian. Ruby has always been for cancer , not capricorn , total opposite. Peridot is supposed to be Leo , not Libra, etc. I realize you said these are for the Signs , not the months. But still , they are so different from what I've always read. And another thing , I think opals are SO beautiful, but have heard that only Libras should wear them?

amyel

Hmmmm....well, as a Cappy with Aquarius moon, your list explains why I am so drawn to red stones!!!!

Temperance413

Hi all,

all I know is that with my birthday in April my birthstone is a diamond !!
Luck me!

january

Amyel: Me too! I'm a Cap Sun/Aquarious moon and Taurus Rising (mom's a Taurus so we get along just fine). I too have always been drawn to red stones, esp. rubies.

~ january

Mystick Dragon

I am pure Cancer! Moonstone rules, then Ruby, and... *brain farts* I can't member!!! Aeway, that's what I know!

--Dragon

january

Being a cappy, I'm wondering if wearing garnets could be grounding me too much since I already have to deal with Saturn as my ruler? I see that garnets are asigned to Aquarius, rubies to Caps which I always thought of as the stone for July.

Any ideas?

~ january

cricket

january - Might try trying to get ahold of green or blue garnets (both are rare... the greens were only mined in Russia, and the mines have been shut down for years; the blues have just been discovered recently). They don't seem to be as 'pushy' as the red ones.