Double Cancer

Wayward Son

I recently discovered that i am a "double cancer", meaning I have both a sun and moon in cancer. Unfortunately, the eprson who told me this was quite the amatuer astrologist and was unable to tell me clearly what this meant. Is this a good thing?

lunalafey

LOL- I have both sun and moon in capricorn- just the opposite.

Good or bad is not really what it's all about. And there's alot more to it than just those two positions. How close together are they?
My moon & sun are to far apart to influence each other.

I do see a benefit to anyone who has the sun & moon in the same sign, for they work off of the same energies of the sign.
Now my S/O he's a capi sun like me, but has a cancer moon. He has some complications between his ego and emotions.

One must look at the whole chart before anything can be said about how a planet influences a person.

Cancer's tend to be quite family based and are very nurtuing, I'd say that's a good thing....

DeLani

Hey Lunalafey,
What a coincedence - mine too! But my sun and moon are conjunct, along with my true node and Jupiter.
Wayward Son - From what I've read, having the sun & moon in the same sign usually means that your emotional side and your public side are (usually) very similar. Since you're a cancer, this probably means you're a very heart-centered person - you make decisions based on feelings rather than logic, and your emotions are the "litmus test" for anything. Your public side is probably just like your private side - maybe you wear your heart on your sleeve, fall in love and get hurt easily - I sense the "thin skin" condition.
Of course I could be totally wrong - I'm basically going to just the opposite of how I am!

isthmus nekoi

some things to consider:

- sun/moon blend concentrates energy, are in unison, but also narrows viewpoint. Given moon's placement, makes you very sensitive or moody.

- moon rules Cancer so it is dignified in this chart or placed well (unless it is afflicted w/ hard aspects).

- when Cancers feel good, they are very caring, warm and thoughtful to others. They can really create a sort of inner sanctuary for others - a place of comfort and nurturing. When Cancers feel bad, they make a fortress of their shell and become incredibly selfish in that they will shut everyone else out. They can become overly defensive and protective (or s/mothering). They can also be moody to a fault, and their emotions can be hurt easily.

- if moon is applying to sun, you were born during the balsamic moon meaning you are in the karmic phase of releasing. You cannot hold onto that which is central (e.g. a dominant ideology), but can see past it into the periphery, or what is marginalized.

- if moon is at the same degree or separating from the sun, you were born during the phase of the new moon. This means you are starting a fresh karmic cycle, your goal is to set down good foundations.

- if you are male and living in North American, this placement will be more difficult for you than if you are female as our society is not very approving of maternal men if you get my drift. I find society can be tough on Cancer and Virgo men.