PDA

View Full Version : Finding 'sent' letters.

Red Emma
29-07-2004, 09:54
How do I find the copies of letters I've sent to other AT members.

Osher
31-07-2004, 03:54
Emailed using the forum's emailer, or pm'd?

Red Emma
31-07-2004, 04:57
Sorry.

I should have said: PM'd.

Thanks for your help.

Osher
31-07-2004, 07:26
It depends if you elect to save your message. If yes, then the pm will be saved in the 'sent' folder. If not, then it is not saved.

Moongold
01-08-2004, 17:54
Red Emma ~

It's a useful practice to copy the PM's you want to keep into Word. - both the ones you send and the ones you receive.

You might be better organized than me but if I don't do that my PM box suddenly becomes full and then I do a mad delete and lose everything. :(

Moongold

Red Emma
01-08-2004, 20:24
Originally posted by Moongold
Red Emma ~

You might be better organized than me

Moongold

Actually, I'm not very orgainzed at all. I do keep trying.

Now could you tell me exactly how to copy them. Do I just email a copy to myself?

Thanks, Moongold.

Moongold
01-08-2004, 21:17
Red Emma ~

There a few ways to do this. The easiest for me is as follows:

1. Have your word processor open i.e. a blank Word document ready to go.

2. Copy the PM and paste it into your Word document. The way I do this is to press the reply button on the PM so that it appears as it would if you were actually going to reply.

3. Now position your cursor at the top left corner of the PM space that you would normally write on, press the left mouse button and highlight the text you want to copy. It actually makes that white space black.

4. Take your finger off the left mouse button (it will remain black). Go to "EDIT" on the toolbar at the very top of your page and press COPY. You have now copied the text you want to the clipboard.

5. Open your blank Word document and press PASTE on the same EDIT toolbar to paste the text into your Word document.

6. Save your Word document in the way that you normally would.

7. Just press the "back" button on your browser to allow the PM to return to normal.

This is quite an effective way because you can then organize all your messages in Word files.

I"ve simply assumed you might not know much about this kind of thing, Red Emma, so please excuse me if I have told you things you already know. Simple techniques can be really tricky until you've done them a few times. I have spent hours of frustration on like things myself.

You might need to try it a few times until you get it right but you will eventually get it right :). Or someone else might know a different or better way to do it.

I'm not going to be here for a few weeks. MeeWah and Marion would be good people to follow up with if you run into difficulty.

All the best with it ~

Moongold

Moongold
01-08-2004, 21:19
PS I am not sure that you can email PM's to yourself :).

Red Emma
02-08-2004, 08:20
You're right. My knowledge on such matters is minimal and every little point is extremely helpful.

I hope you're going somewhere to have a helluva good time.

Best wishes.