clear quartz & water

poivre

I just wondered if this would work.
For the crystals like clear quartz or anything like this,
IF you didn't have this crystal could you use a glass of water in the crystals place?

Just thinking that the glass of water would be clear also like the stone if you were stuck.

I have no idea, just asking.

Red Emma

Cleaning decks

A day sitting in the sun seems to make my decks happy. I usually store them with a crystal, in the hope that it will dispel negative energies.

September Pixie

I guess that would depend on what you are using the quartz for.. most people use the crystals for the stones properties or color.. water has its own properties and purposes which are not the same is quartz but if you are wanting to cleanse something, sure you could :)

Chronata

In some ritual sense...and in some sympathetic magic, yes...I have heard of clear water and clear quartz crystals being interchangable...but mostly if one or the other is to represent the element of water, or the concepts of purity or vision.

Most people do use crystals for other purposes, however...and in most applications, if a quartz is called for...then ya need a quartz!

An interesrting thing that I have heard about is crystal water...in otherwords a glass of water that has been charged (usually in sunlight or moonlight) with one or more crystals and is imbued with thier particular energies.

The water can then be used as a stand in for the crystal...unless it is absolutely neccessary that you need the tactile sensation of the stone itself.