Leo New Moon ~ Aug 15

isthmus nekoi

August 15 at 6:24 pm PDT

New moons in Leo signify a time to take pride in one's accomplishments, to enjoy being the center of attention. This particular Leo moon shows an emphasis on the mutable signs and a lack in air. There's a bit of improvisation in the skies with this lunation, and with Pluto trining the sun-moon conjunction, things could very well get dramatic.

Another thing to note is that there's been a bit of a change as Venus has shifted into Cancer and Mars into Virgo. Venus is more committed and nurturing in Cancer; with her sextile to a Mars-Mercury conjunction, and trine to Uranus, she's not afraid of expressing herself either although with this configuration, she is no drippy, sentimental romantic, but a little unpredictable! This lunation is not a time of temperance, but rather of unexpected twists and turns and Leonian extremes in terms of communication. Things are going to be louder, dynamic, impulsive and the best way to deal is to be versatile and enjoy the ride; even moderation must be practiced in moderation!

Shesawolf

isthmus nekoi said:
August 15 at 6:24 pm PDT
...even moderation must be practiced in moderation!

I love that quote!! I think I'm going to use it for my signature, if you don't mind! (How Leo of me is that?!?!))

Fulgour

The Combination of Stellar Influences
by Reinhold Ebertin

Moon in Leo: Intuitive and instructive creativeness, self-confidence,
generosity, ambition, passionateness, love of luxury, sociability,
pleasure or amusement. Overestimation of self, snobbishness, vanity.
"The affairs of the Heart." Responsible positions.

I have found Reinhold Ebertin's book to be an essential guide when
using astrology as an interpretative tool with the Tarot ~ he was in
fact recommended to me by John Astrop and Caroline Smith.

dadsnook2000

For Fulgour

Fulgour, not many of today's astrological students know of and use Ebertin's excellent work. While his interpretations of the planetary combination are sometimes a little harsh (much of his research was done in World Wars 1 and 2, and inbetween) they do convey the sense of combinations. In terms of mundane or political readings they are highly appropriate as they are.

If you like his work you might want to check out Planetary Containments -- here mid-points are not used, just the order of the planets in CCW fashion -- yet, the meanings can provide a highly accurate portrait without having to calculate a chart, just by looking up the planets' positions for the day. What a hoot. Ask Minderwiz about this.

Dave.

isthmus nekoi

Re: Re: Leo New Moon ~ Aug 15

Shesawolf said:
I love that quote!! I think I'm going to use it for my signature, if you don't mind! (How Leo of me is that?!?!))

Sorry for the late reply Shesawolf - sure, you can use it as a sig :)

PurpleGoddess

new beginnings?

hi,
seems things are moving forward with my massage career, slowly but forward none the less. have 2 meetings this week and something already set up just waiting for the calls to come in. also relationship feels more solid than it has in weeks. also having things from the past come up to the surface not quietly but rather forceful like a lion! today i'm calm, i feel the glow coming from within the love of the Universe is just surrounding me. i think someone saw my aura in the lobby of the hospital, she couldn't take her eyes away from me...i felt it too.

this is the time to begin new projects during the waxing moon right? are the asteroids playing a part too? just curious. for today this triple cancer is feeling like i'm in the right place for the first time.

peace
PG

isthmus nekoi

dadsnook, I've always wondered about the term "containment" that you used so often. This Ebertin sounds very interesting - what's his educational background?

PG, glad to hear you're feeling better! New projects and the moon gaining light (waxing) is generally a good time to start projects.

PurpleGoddess

got it!

Isthmus,
yep new projects under way. got the chiropractor office gig, i need to start out slow not just for body wear and tear but because i have a full time job that i can't give up yet. i need the pay and the benefits. in time if need be go part time enough to keep my benefits?? that's my plan may not be my bosses.

peace
pg

meditating on your reading...

Fluffmeister

Yes, Ebertin's Combination of Stellar Influences (known affectionately to most astrologers as COSI) has an extraordinary wealth of information in it - not just midpoints, for which he's justifiably famous - but a good glossary of medical astrology too.

I do find the interpretations a tad dogmatic, but for the time they were pretty radical - using psychological metaphors, so in a way a cross between the absolutes of medieval astrology and modern psychological astrology.

For an example of "dogmatic", take a look at his descriptions of the Venus/Saturn midpoint:

With the Moon: "Emotional depressions caused by unsatisifed love, emotional inhibitions, an unfortunate disposition or difficult circumstances in all matters of love-expression. A woman living separated from her husband or living a lonely life."

Yikes!

dadsnook2000

Fort isthmus nekoi

Hi I.N.
I'm on vacation, writing from a local library. "Containments" refers to a book titled Planets in Containment. It is arranged like Ebertin's book but its premis is that any three planets in CCW order can be interpreted as a combination -- without regard to the distance between them or any aspectual consideration. This really works. You can interpret a chart without having to use signs, houses, aspects or anything else. It is of additional help if you do know the ASC and MC as you can included these in the combinations.

We did a thread on this less than a year ago. Perhaps Minderwiz can help find it. I may not be home for another week or so. Dave.