PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign baby?

sarahenglish
24-04-2002, 00:45
It seems like there have been alot of birthdays here recently, which led me to wonder where we all fall on the zodiac calender.
I was going to post this as a poll, but don't see the poll button any more.

Soraya
24-04-2002, 02:19
Oh goodie. Nice thread. My birthday is on 7 April. So I'm an Aries, with Leo rising.

Liliana
24-04-2002, 02:21
Im a Sagittarius/Capricorn cusp (Decmeber 21), but officially Im a Sagittarius with Libra rising

Geenius at Wrok
24-04-2002, 03:25
Guess. Three chances. No cheating.

Umbrae
24-04-2002, 03:42
Uhh…I am an Aries, with Aries rising, sun and moon conjunct in Aries, and moon and Venus conjunct in Aries, and no earth at all…

Guess I am an Aries…

...And you folks thought I was opinionated.

SherryZoned
24-04-2002, 04:36
December 17 (December babies are the best! hehe)

All I know is Sagitarius..

rostie
24-04-2002, 06:11
may, 23

all i know is i'm a gemini, i don't know mucht about astrology so...

Mystick Dragon
24-04-2002, 07:40
July 8, I am purely Cancer, with Libra rising. I represent major Cancer qualities, in my emotions and worries, and some slight Libra. Go to <a href=http://www.astro.com> Astrodienist</a>. Free charts, and online meaning.

--Dragon

lunalafey
24-04-2002, 07:43
check out the thread. 'from poll: What sign are you ?' there's more of us there...

Phoenix
24-04-2002, 11:56
I don't know what rising signs are, but I am a Pisces, with an air sign as my ascendant sign. I can't remember what it is right now.

destinyawaitsme
24-04-2002, 15:17
born december 6th..

sagittarius with capricorn rising....makes one stubborn bitch!

kayne
24-04-2002, 16:09
Pisces with Gemini Rising... Two Fish Twins hmmmmm...

Zhritza
24-04-2002, 16:17
I was born on the first day of Libra, and I do have a lot of anxious and compulsive Virgo thingies about me. :) I also have Mercury, Mars, Uranus, and Pluto in Libra (although Pluto stays in the same sign for 20 years at a stretch so I guess that doesn't mena much). I have moon in Capricorn and Venus in Virgo, to add to the obsessive-complusive stuff, and I have Gemini rising.

VGimlet
24-04-2002, 17:46
December 20th here, another Sagittarius, and I was born in the early hours. Strangely enough, my co-workers daughter is also a Sag (we have the same rising sign, which I don't want to talk about, LOL) and we are so much alike, that she teases me about being her long-lost daughter.

sarahenglish
24-04-2002, 22:54
I posted the thread and forgot to tell mine!lol!

Aries w/ Libra rising

Minderwiz
25-04-2002, 06:37
Hi,

I'm Libra but born in the last six hours of the sign - so I almost made Scorpio!

I've Leo rising and my Moon is in Aquarius.

Blessings

Minderwiz

purplelady
25-04-2002, 06:45
I am................a capricorn sun in the 12 th house , with aquarius rising , and a virgo moon. :cool: .

Scorpion
25-04-2002, 07:01
One Scorp/Saggy cusp case with a moon in Leo......

Originally posted by Geenius at Wrok
Guess. Three chances. No cheating.

Geenius - that's what we Scorps are supposed to say!
But somehow, I don't think you are...........

Mystick Dragon
25-04-2002, 07:41
Has anybody tried Astrodienist yet? I have, and I have a chart, and a quickkie report. You guys should try it!

--Dragon

amyel
25-04-2002, 10:48
Originally posted by purplelady
I am................a capricorn sun in the 12 th house , with aquarius rising , and a virgo moon. :cool: .

Whoa! I am a cappy sun, aquarius moon & libra rising!

cricket
25-04-2002, 12:47
I'm a Capricorn... and that's all I know.

Jenny-Li
26-04-2002, 02:31
...Actually it's tomorrow... :D

So I'm a Taurus - I don't know much about Astrology, but I suppose Taurus isn't the first sign you'd think of for a Tarot-reader...! ;)

Jenny :)

lunalafey
26-04-2002, 05:03
Originally posted by Dragon
Has anybody tried Astrodienist yet? I have, and I have a chart, and a quickkie report. You guys should try it!

--Dragon

I have mentioned this site in other posts. It is one of the best that I have come across.
It is unique from the others because it has an interactive chart that one can pick and choose what aspect to read about. It also gives way more information about ones chart..
www.astro.com

Summerdream
26-04-2002, 06:41
Hi! I'm a capricorn: January 13, 1968 and picses rising.

Geenius at Wrok
29-04-2002, 14:29
Originally posted by LouiQ
Originally posted by Geenius at Wrok
Guess. Three chances. No cheating.Geenius - that's what we Scorps are supposed to say!
But somehow, I don't think you are........... Is that your first guess or not?

Ravenswing
20-05-2002, 02:58
i was born 22 june in 58--

what i am seems to depend on which side of the bed i get up from. but for the most part, i'm never sure whether i'm coming or going, and i seem to move backwards much of the time.

LVX more LVX
steve

Maalin
20-05-2002, 03:18
I'm Pisces with Leo rising -

quite introverted and shy but in a "hey, babes, show me the way to the stage" kinda way...

:D

Love,

Maalin

Madonna
20-05-2002, 16:19
O I do like this vein...Astrology is my 2nd favorite to Tarot. I am an Aquarius with a Scorpio Moon & Capricorn rising. While I am quite capable of seeing how others see things & I can be objecctive right up until the Scorpio Moon clicks in with it's deep intensity & opinions., Then Capricorn Ascendant gives everything it's place in my little universe & tries to keep me grounded. LOL...what a combo I have, the open minded Aquarius with the Scorpio lust & the Capricorn physical expression. To want to know the very roots of everything & build on it for the betterment of all is the highest goal to counter all that .My life is never boring. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's signs !

zorya
20-05-2002, 16:29
sun in libra
moon in cancer
scorpio ascendant

Cat
21-05-2002, 10:43
I'm Cancer, Sagitarius rising, Gemini moon.

WHich means I'm a blunt, attention seeking moody cow with a penchant for interior design.

purplelady
23-05-2002, 14:10
O.k. Genius at Wrok , I'm going to guess , and it's probubly really stupid of me because I don't hardly know you, and it's purely a guess. 1) taurus 2) gemini 3) Libra with scorpio traits lurking........!? Let me know how I did or if I've failed miserably?!

jade
23-05-2002, 16:14
i'm a leo (obviously!!!) with taurus moon and virgo rising.

:D

love
jade

Major Tom
23-05-2002, 19:18
I'm another obvious Leo :D with a Scorpio moon and Taurus rising. Actually, I've got 5 planets in Leo.

lunalafey
23-05-2002, 23:45
O.k. Genius at Wrok , I'm going to guess , and it's probubly really stupid of me because I don't hardly know you, and it's purely a guess. 1) taurus 2) gemini 3) Libra with scorpio traits lurking........!? Let me know how I did or if I've failed miserably?!

I wan't to try my hand at a guess but I'm not ready too....don't let the cat out just yet....

Sam
26-05-2002, 11:31
my b-day is 8/12 so I'm a Leo. "ROAR!"

zorya
26-05-2002, 15:14
genius? hmmmm leo and aquarius, not sure on the order.

Geenius at Wrok
27-05-2002, 00:39
O.k. Genius at Wrok , I'm going to guess , and it's probubly really stupid of me because I don't hardly know you, and it's purely a guess. 1) taurus 2) gemini 3) Libra with scorpio traits lurking........!? Let me know how I did or if I've failed miserably?!Originally posted by zorya
genius? hmmmm leo and aquarius, not sure on the order.Originally posted by lunalafey
I wan't to try my hand at a guess but I'm not ready too....don't let the cat out just yet....Better hurry up, Luna, before folks eliminate the other 11. ;)

Purplelady gets partial credit for picking Gemini, which historically has been most people's first guess. Totally wrong, but very popular.

cricket
27-05-2002, 17:43
Geenius-- I'm betting you're another capricorn. You've got that almost degrading, sarcastic wit that seems to go with the sign.

wavebreaker
28-05-2002, 01:08
I'm a typical Virgo, with Gemini as my rising sign.

Geenius at Wrok
29-05-2002, 01:39
All six guesses are incorrect. That's half the zodiac right there.

This is why I have no patience with people who say things like, "Oh, I'm a Sagittarius, so I'm a very independent thinker!" and, "I'm a Gemini, so I can never make up my mind!" and, "I'm a Pisces, so I feel things more deeply!" The 30-day window one happens to have been born into has zero influence on one's personality. If it did, anyone even moderately informed about astrology and given three guesses ought to be able to peg my sign with nearly 100 percent accuracy, because I'm not at all what you'd call finely drawn. You folks certainly should have had a better than 50 percent chance to get it right. The fault, therefore, is not with you but with the theory. I am not my sign, and my sign is not me, and frankly I don't believe it's really true for anyone else either. Tell me you're a Capricorn, and I know no more about you than I did 30 seconds ago.

I started posing this brain-teaser about 10 years ago after enduring a particularly vapid conversation between two astrologically inclined coworkers. It always goes something like this:

Geenius: All right, you've known me for quite some time now, and you know what traits are associated with what signs. Tell me what my sign is. I'll give you three guesses.

Astrologically Inclined Person: [Makes first guess, which is usually Gemini.]

G: Nope.

AIP: [Makes second guess]

G: Nope.

AIP: [Makes third guess, seems to have to grope for it, because one of the first two should have been right!]

G: Nope, that's not it either.

And here's the kicker—this always happens next:

G: I'm actually a [my sign].

AIP: [gets thoughtful look, starts nodding] Ohhhhhh .*.*. yeah, I can see that!

No, no, NO. If you could see that, you would have gotten it one of the first three times.

At this point, die-hard devotees will start going on about how it's not my sun sign that really matters but rather my moon sign or rising sign or some such thing. OK, sure, if you choose to believe that—it still has no bearing on my assertion that sun signs don't mean jack and that categorizing oneself and others based on those signs is silly and should be stamped out.

Let the record show—for what it's worth, which is nothing—that Geenius at Wrok is a Pisces.

joya250
29-05-2002, 02:12
ohhhhh - yah. I can see that. :D

actually, Geenus, I agree with you -- but on the same token, I disagree. (maybe cause I'm a gemini. haha)

but I DO think astrological signs have an influence on your personality -- (and I'm sure Aquarian Goddess or other have a more scholarly outlook and rational for why that is) -- but from what I've experienced, most people show traits of their sign. of course, some are more pronounced than others... and, I've also noticed that the more "evolved" (or whatever you want to call it) people seem to be more of an integration of the signs.

MattDouglas
29-05-2002, 07:29
I've just started studying astrology. Having read newspaper horoscopes, I really didn't buy into it until I took a deeper look. I really like Liz Greene's work; she's also the co-designer of the mythic tarot, the book that comes with is one of my favorite tarot intros (I recently gave it to a friend who wanted to learn tarot). I highly recommend her stuff.

Anyway, I'm Leo sun, Pisces moon, Gemini rising.

purplelady
31-05-2002, 10:08
LOL Genius!! But 'ya know , pisces and gemini DO share one thing, they are both a Dual sign, and the only 2 that are ( 2 twins , 2 fish).
You just really seem like a gemini because you are so.........quick on the verbal wit , more verbally aggressive than the average pisces, or maybe I mean more verbally direct. It's that snappy wit that seems like gemini, BUT maybe you have gemini in your chart?
Anyhow , thanks for letting us know , as the suspense couldv'e been really bad! And BTW , you're totally allowed your own opinion on the validity of astrology , however, I don't believe it has Proven a thing one way or the other!

AquarianGoddess
02-06-2002, 02:18
Matt,

Welcome to the Fabulous Forum!!

A Leo, eh? We just love Leo's!!

AG

meatbox666
28-06-2002, 05:00
Oh YES, Leos are sooooooooo HOT

I am a scorpio. I say leos are hot, I have a leo moon. I have a scorpio acsendent, mars in scorpio, venus in scorpio, WOW jupiter in Pisces man Oh man, lol I am so HOT!! I tell you I am flamming. Saturn in cancer......No earth here(bummer) Mercury in libra..............
Actually, I am a very sweet, compassionate being and I love the KIDS.
OH DID I SAY THAT I AM Hot!!, lol, Oh yeahhhh babe, I am flamming......
Woooooooooooooo hooo.

lol, guys I love to have fun thats all.

Red raven
28-06-2002, 09:23
December 8. Sagitarius, and that's all i know :P

napaea
28-06-2002, 09:50
I guess I have to read this whole thread again, cuz I still don't know what Genius is...but whatever your sign, Genius, you always make me laugh.

I am a Taurus (May 18, don't know if this is a cusp or not)
Gemini moon
Scorpio rising
Venus in Aries (yeah, baby!!)

but i would love it if someone would tell me what the ascendent really does. I know that your moon is supposed to be more of your personality, and that before they started putting horoscopes in newspapers that's how people were read - by their moon sign. So I thought moon is me, sun is how i present myself (is that right?) what does the ascendent do? (cause I definately see a lot of Scorpio in me!!)

meatbox666
28-06-2002, 12:45
Ill try to shed some light on the ascendent sign. Well, the acendent is what we see and how you look Being that your ascendent is scorpio you'll probably be rather thin. (unless you have a moon in the first house then you'll probably be rather large). You have long legs. Astrology says that the ascendant is the sign that was above the horizon when you were born. But I say it is what you look like. I know a girl who is a saggitarius rising and she literally looks like a horse in the face.

ccbmac
13-07-2002, 03:51
All I know is that I'm a Libra, born on Oct 11 '80, if anyone could help me shed a little more light on this ( or tell me how I can figure it out) it would be greatly appreciative

ccbmac/chrissy