Tarot Spotted at the movies...

LadyMedusa

Last night we went to the Drive-in. For those of you not familiar with the term a drive-in is an outdoor movie cinema where you watch the show from either inside your vehicle, or bring along comfy lawn chairs and watch the show outside under the stars.

The feature was "Exorcist the Beginning". In the beginning of one scene, the character was sitting at her kitchen table, turning over tarot cards. A simple 3 card spread. I won't say which cards showed up as she repeatedly shuffled and laid out the spreads, some might view this info as a spoiler. The deck was a RWS. The one with the blue and white pattern on the back.

Awesome movie, the plot moved well, it wasn't to predictable, and it didn't get overly tacky with the "posession" scenes. It does have some very graphic language so this may not be something you want your pre or young teen to hear.

LadyMedusa

MeeWah

Lady Medusa: Thanks for the thoughtful commentary on "Exorcist the Beginning", especially the caution regarding the more impressionable movie audience.

Whilst I admit to not have seen any of the "Exorcist" movies (& in general, movies of the horror genre with a few exceptions) most of my family has. I plan to see the video of "Scary Movie 3" which may have included the Templar Tarot.

SongDeva

Meewah, I want to see Scary Movie 3 for just that reason, but am shell shocked after seeing Scary 2. Ick. Maybe I could rent it and fast forward. :)

jrr01

Where can I get those cards? they did not look like RSW to me...

philebus

I just had a quick look at the movie, the cards aren't actually the RWS but are clearly based on it. I would think that this is something that their props department made, a common enough practice in movies and television.

jrr01

Oh great the studio made their own cards for copyrights reasons. Way to go...